[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm wanting to do a mono-Grass team for Sun Version. Problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (78 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
image.png
78 KB, 375x360
I'm wanting to do a mono-Grass team for Sun Version.

Problem is: I've been out of the game for a while. So I could use some advice on making a team. What I got so far is:

1. Abomasnow- Ice - Kill Flyers
2. Torterra- Ground - Kill Fire
3. Chesnaught- Fighting - Always good to have a Fighter
4. M-Sceptile- Dragon - Dragon slayer, my ace and favorite

I want to get Venasaur to kill other Grass and have a Poison-type, but I'm already heavy on the starters.

And yes, I know Grass sucks. I want to use a crappy type in case Sun/Moon are easy as piss.
>>
I would anticipate you would have more success with a meganium or just grass coverage, man
>>
Why the hell would you plan your team without knowing any of the new Grass types?
>>
Abomasnow, Torterra, Maybe drop Chesnaught for Breloom, MSceptile, Vileplume, and Ludicolo maybe?
>>
>>25843976
>mono-cuck team
Don't do this
>>
just bring something like kirlia and because it has magical leaf and teleport.

If you bring oddish you will also have the choice to use sweet sweet scent
>>
File: image.png (695 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
695 KB, 640x1136
>>25843995
I'm thinking about saving the sixth slot for a new gen 7 Pokemon.

I started with Blue, played Gold, Sapphire, and Leaf Green. I came back to play Alpha Sapphire for nostalgia because I had over 200 hours in that game and Sceptile was my first level 100.

So, really, all the ones after Sapphire are new to me anyways.

Pic related: it's destiny now
>>
>>25843976
Abomasnow, Victreebel, Ludicolo, Breloom, Tropius, Cherrim
>>
>>25843976
>Abomasnow
Why? Hail is just going to fuck your shit up. Just put rock slide on your Chestnaught/Sceptile or stone edge on Torterra/Chestnaught and birds are fucked.
>>
>>25843976
Cradily breh. Rock makes a weirdly good defensive typing for grass and it can fuck up fire flying and ice all at once.

>rock doesn't resist bug
Fucking hell, was it always like this?
>>
>>25844213
>Ice only resists itself
>Normal is immune to ghost
GF logic.
>>
>>25844223
>normal is immune to ghost
>fighting isn't
20 fucking years of this shit and I still switch fighting types into ghost moves.
>>
>>25844213
Awesome man. I'll definitely get Cradily on my roster.
>>
>>25843976
Unova grass types are fun.

Don't discount Tangrowth either. Potential for a lot of fun there.

Roserade too. I would use Roserade over Venusaur but that's just personal preference.
>>
>>25843976
Me personally, I'd add Victreebel to any Mono-grass team.
>>
>>25844223
Normal people don't believe in Ghosts. Then again, they don't believe in Fairies or Dragons either...
>>
>>25844447
I think the logic is that living people can't see or interact with ghosts and ghosts can't interact with us.
>>
Don't use Torterra unless you have no other option, it's bad and still takes a ton of damage from Fire types. Better rely on Ludicolo for this role.
Abomasnow is decent by itself, but has bad synergy with other Grass types and will cause them take a ton of hail damage. If possible try to get Rotom-Mow for Flying types.
Chesnaught is okay, but Breloom is even better, especially if you can get your hands on one with its hidden ability Technician.
Ferrothorn is god. Take it or you're fucked.
M-Sceptile is okay. Roserade for final slot as your backup Bug neutrality. Bugs have a surprisingly easy time fucking monograss teams up, even ingame.

I'm doing a heavily hacked (perfect IV + nature mons balanced by heavy level manipulation to see how low I can get them while still making bossfights beatable) monograss run through BW1 at the moment. I can't stress how volatile team composition is for monograss, a ton of bossfights become close to impossible without leveling if you don't have proper stops to threatening mons. The two main problems of monograss, even ingame, are a small selection of fast Pokemon and very limited options to cover multiple weaknesses simultaneously. For example I've quickly figured out while planning the run that Sash Breloom is the only thing capable of stopping things like QD Volcarona (Alder) or Hydreigon (Ghetsis).
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.