[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 28-Scrafty line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12
File: yo__wassup__by_midna01-d483rt1.jpg (151 KB, 902x886) Image search: [Google]
yo__wassup__by_midna01-d483rt1.jpg
151 KB, 902x886
Yesterday were the Rock/Bug types Dwebble and Crustle, today will about the Dark/Fighting ghetto lizards Scraggy and Scrafty.
My thoughts: Alongside the Bug types, Gen 5 also gave us a great selection of Dark types, and these Pokémon sure are great. I don't have to explain how much fun it was to use this line ingame, as I'm sure anyone who's used them had a satisfying experience, especially for those who used a Moxie Scrafty.
Designwise, I admit I did not like Scraggy and Scrafty at first, but they grew on me in a pretty short amount of time. I think there's a balance between silly and cool looking, and these guys sure got it down. I especially like shed skin as a hoody and baggy pants.
Overall, solid Pokemon. Great to use in battle, great abilities, and really fun designs. Tell me /vp/ would you hang with these gangster reptiles?
>>
>>25839542
My favorites of gen 5. Their design, stats and movepools are really original making them pretty unique among all the other pokemon.
I hate what gen 6 did to them by giving their typing to a shitmon and introducing fairy type
>>
I think you should fuck off with these threads
>>
>>25839542
Competitively, you're right, it did have a lot going for it.
Design wise though, they are both exceptionally ugly in my opinion.
>>
They're pretty cool. Used them in Black and in Y. Also briefly in my fighting monotype. Looks nice with Toxicroak with the rascal-punk theme and all.
>>
My favourite mon from Gen V. Great design and total bro
>>
File: dude.jpg (8 KB, 120x176) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
8 KB, 120x176
>>25839542

This fucker jettisoned his way into my Top 5 Pokemon the second I saw him, and I was overjoyed that he was actually useful when I got the chance to catch one. If I could have two Pokemon in real life, it would be Scrafty and Toxicroak.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>25839696
OP here, why? These are just honest discussions about a Pokemon from its region dex in sequential order. If you can't handle a simple opinion thread, maybe you should fuck off instead of wasting a reply slot.
>>
File: 1458163187121.jpg (179 KB, 600x625) Image search: [Google]
1458163187121.jpg
179 KB, 600x625
Undoubtely my favorite pokemon and a big bro in battle.
>>
Generic muh gangsta bro just like my toxicroaks post

But, really I tried this guy in BW's early meta I think. It's a shame it wasn't as good as it was on paper. I do like it though, and consider it a good candidate for a buff like a Mega or something.

Although I like Pangoro better.
>>
Scrafty and Krookdile were my bros throughout BW.
>>
File: this nigga.png (254 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
this nigga.png
254 KB, 500x419
>>25839750
>>25839712

A match made in hell.
>>
>>25839815
I feel like they often make fun of other fighting types no matter how stronger those are over the two

>that fat lard is made of muscles?
>>
I keep hearing great things about them, but for some reason they never "clicked" with me. Maybe someday I'll give them a try, but for now I'm pretty neutral.
>>
File: gang.png (251 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
gang.png
251 KB, 800x600
>>
>>25839696
>I think you should stop doing threads where people is actually having civilized discussion of why they like or not a line
I think you should fuck off from this site.
>>
One of my favorite fighting,dark and gen 5 pokemon.I used one on my first playthrough figuring that it would turn into a big, tough looking pseudo because of the shed skin theme it had,what I got was even better than I imagined.
>>
>>25839542
Scraggy is cute.
Scrafty is pic related.
>>
>>25839542

Great design, fun to use. Was one of my go to fighting types in gen 5, until fairy decided to exist.
>>
Never liked it or its overzealous fans back in Gen 5 days. Glad it's pretty much irrelevant these days.
>>
>>25839876
Gengar instead of nacho libre
>>
Good idea for a pokémon design but bad implemented.
>>
>>25841074
Whats wrong with the execution? Seems pretty solid to me.
>>
>>25840996

Nah, every gang needs a Mexican.
>>
File: 250px-559Scraggy.png (41 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-559Scraggy.png
41 KB, 250x250
Dr. Oak, I'm CIA
>>
Outstanding Pokemon design wise, if someone needs an example of a good gen 5 Pokemon, this is a go to example. I think the only issue is that it doesn't really scream lizard all that much.

Shame about it's typing though, what good is a bulkmon when it's x4 weakness is a very common attack type?
Also I appreciate these threads , OP, even though I seldom post in them. You're doing /vp/ justice.
>>
>>25842537
Yeah, even with assault vest it can't take a pixilate hyper voice :(
>>
>>25842556
I think mine survived a Sylveon's once in severely red health. But it was probably a defensive one :/
> 4 SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 328-388 (98.2 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
>>
File: 34232233.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
34232233.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>25842556
>>25842813
Wait, I forgot that it was actually in a double battle where spread moves are weaker. It actually has a chance against offensive variants without boosting items!
>252+ SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Scrafty: 328-388 (98.2 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Impressive...
>>
>>25839542
I like most gen 5 mons but these are absolute trash. The idea of punkish lizard using shed skin as saggy pants and a hoody is great but the actual execution of their design is just terrible. I wish they had lizard-like faces with snouts and such, a la Treecko, that alone would improve their design immensely. Why they are so popular I'll never understand.
>>
>>25839542
One of the most clever Pokemon designs. Definitely the best as far as "Pokemon with clothes" go.

Oddly enough, I think the most clever design also involves shed skin (Shedinja).
>>
Bullseye on the design, very useful, sad about the fairy type thing, pls get a mega. best 5th gen pokemon by far imo
>>
Average design wise, okay stats and nice movepool. Can't say that I like it much, but can't say that I hate it. It's just okay.
>>
I've been using a dragon dance moxie Scrafty for a while now and I only just realized it's wearing clothes.
Life will never be the same.
>>
>>25842537
OP here, thanks. I intend to do one with every Gen, so stay tuned for those.
>>25842894
I disagree with you overall on it being trash, but I do admit that I'd love for their faces to be more lizardlike.
>>
>>25843536
>I only just realized it's wearing clothes.
The "clothes" are also remainents of it's old skin that shedded.
>>
Interesting designs. I don't love their looks but I don't hate them either.

Moxie Scrafty absolutely BTFO the elite 4 during my run through BW/BW2. Easily earned a spot on my team.

Sadly, fairy type introduction kinda left Scrafty in a nebulous place. Not bad in-game but really not as good competitively now.
>>
File: m0jj99oV2b1qd8t4mo1_500.gif (327 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
m0jj99oV2b1qd8t4mo1_500.gif
327 KB, 500x376
>>25839781
Yo, OP.

Don't listen to those fuckers.

These threads are pretty rad. Nice break from gen wars, SM fakes, etc. Keep doing your thing.
>>
>>25839839
>"Hey Grandpa nice canes you got there, was one not enough?
>Wanna know one thing Politoed did that you never will? hit puberty
>Nice dress faggot!
>>
>>25844672
Can't identify the first one.
Third one I assume it's Hariyama?
>>
>>25844696
First one is conkeldurr, 3rd one is hitmonchan.
>>
>>25839542
He was a fucking bro in my W2 run. Besides being all around useful in pretty much every battle, he withstood earthquake after Iris' Haxorus had DD'd 2 or 3 times and ended up winning the championship for me.

Overall, great design and pretty cool stat spread . Shame about the 4x weakness to fairy, but he's still my bro through and through
>>
Love him. Probably my favorite Gen 5 line.
>>
fucking love scraggy and scrafty
>>
File: scraft.jpg (77 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
scraft.jpg
77 KB, 500x700
>>25839542

Perhaps my favorite of gen 5. I really like Bisharp's typing and Sentai-esque design, but in the end I think Scrafty has more personality.

When I first saw the design, I didn't think I would like the Pokemon at all. Scraggy is kind of cute, but the comb doesn't look that good on a perfectly circular head, and the simple, teeth-bearing frown looks more retarded than cute on Scrafty. Still, he grew on me, and was an overall great physical and huge boon in my playthrough of Black. His typing is great, and I'd love to see more Dark/Fighting types so that you would be able to construct a theme team of delinquents.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.