[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Y'know I'm still not really sure if I like mega Absol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: naeT93L[1].png (453 KB, 885x504) Image search: [Google]
naeT93L[1].png
453 KB, 885x504
Y'know I'm still not really sure if I like mega Absol or not.
>>
i don't mind it that much, the hair dangle looks awful on the 3d model tho
>>
>>25834728
Like I approve of the concept behind it but I feel like the mega strays too far from what made the original design cool. I think the designer misunderstood what fans liked about it Absol.
>>
>>25834728
I mean, same.

It changed not a whole lot but it also didn't add too much and maybe I'm giving it more credit than it deserves for that.
>>
It's an ok design I guess. The "hair" on the face is a bit too feminine but nothing distracting.

I think they tried too hard with Absol. The face became a lot more human, and the hair mixed with the angel wings makes me think of a stereotypical teenager girl that likes Avril Lavigne.
Probably an outdated reference, but I can only guess it was made for a younger female audience.
>>
I like the design. The angel wings were a nice touch.
>>
Ah, NOW I realize what mega absol reminds me of.

It looks like a character from Final Fantasy. This is neither a good or bad thing.
>>
>>25834728

They should have emphasized the Yin Yang aspect of Absol's design more than the "looks evil but is actually kind-hearted" thing.
>>
>>25834749
naw, man. they're like those furies from greek mythology, but also kind of like a sphinx, also from greek mythology. if you think about it like that, it's actually kind of appropriate
>>
>Fedora, The Pokemon
>>
>>25834728
I think mega Absol is okay but I also only think Absol is okay. It didn't fix my main problem with Absol which is its eerily human face.
>>
>>25834728
It's way too gay. Luckily I never liked Absol much in the first place.
>>
>>25834728
They should have made its face look more human like and the mane look more like an old man's beard.
>>
>>25836808
more like

>Deviantart, The Pokemon
>>
>>25834728
I hate it. Looks like a gay emo faggot. Totally destroyed Absol
>>
>>25834728
>Based on a Chinese/Japanese mythological beast with white fur and foretelling of death + yin-yang symbol
>Mega based on western mythological beings with white wings and knowledge of afterlife + yin-yang symbol
I'm only disappointed that it's still shit
Especially 'cuz it reminds me of my favourite Rozen Maiden
>>
I like it.
>>
File: 40106832_p105_master1200.jpg (93 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
40106832_p105_master1200.jpg
93 KB, 600x600
>>25834728
I dont mind it
i prefer the Mega over the Normal one

it should have gotten a sub type
>>
>>25834728

I liked it more when I realized its horn is the mega evolution symbol. Its hair just mirrors that shape.

Was never a big fan of absol either way.
>>
>mega evolves gets a new ability that is totally worth it.
>Still slow as fuck.
>no fairy type sub type.
Into the UU with you.
>>
File: tips headora.gif (3 MB, 340x286) Image search: [Google]
tips headora.gif
3 MB, 340x286
>>25836808

Nope.
>>
File: 1431284202837.png (438 KB, 803x1000) Image search: [Google]
1431284202837.png
438 KB, 803x1000
>>25834728
To each their own. M-Absol's one of my favorite megas, personally.
Absol thread?
>>
I feel like absol was already flirting with the line of being this edgy dark pokemon that angsty scene kids love and then mega absol just straight up sprinted past that line. I immediately assume if you like it you're emo and are probably wearing some nightmare before christmas leggings or some shit.
>>
>>25840271
If it got Fairy sub-type, how much would it help outside of some resistance/weakness changes and STAB Play Rough?

It's too slow to be a glass cannon like its supposed to be.
>>
>>25834728
It's alright.
Pretty run-of-the-mill mega.
I actually really like the "hair".
>>
115 speed was actually fast when Mega Absol was released.

How sad.
>>
File: 1451398803719.png (437 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1451398803719.png
437 KB, 800x800
>>25840668
Gotta love power creep, am I right?
>>
>>25834728
That's not even a Mega.
That's literally the "female" version, like heart tailed Pikachu. It's almost the same damn thing, doesn't even go as far as a evo or any other Poke's Megas themselves.
>>
>>25836808
>Retard Memer: The Post
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.