[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did we not get any Water starters in Pokken, again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 5328974892374.png (188 KB, 259x325) Image search: [Google]
5328974892374.png
188 KB, 259x325
Why did we not get any Water starters in Pokken, again?
>>
>>25834547
Because most of the suck. The only good options were Blastoise and Greninja.
>>
Masuda hates water.
>>
Because Suicune is the best representative for Water-Types, in my opinion.
>>
>>25834688
>not Gyarados
>>
>>25834836
>Gyarados
>>
>>25834547
Because most water starters are really not that popular, the exception being recently greninja, but they either want to keep him in smash, or have him as DLC.
>>
DLC/NXsequel bait
>>
>>25834861
Come on. Blastoise is like the 4th most popular fully evolved Pokemon.
>>
File: 1441424987198.jpg (27 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
1441424987198.jpg
27 KB, 402x402
>>25834861
>DLC
>>
>>25834688
But that's not Ice type anon.
You forget, the public things Suicune is Water/Ice
>>
Water types I'd rather see than a starter:
Jellicent
Azumarill
Rotom-W
Ludicolo

But Empoleon, Greninja, and Blastoise could all work too
>>
>>25834861
You wot mate?
>>
>>25834547
Because the reviews for the previous game complained about too much water, and they needed to adjust accordingly. They ran out after how much they used in Hoenn.
>>
>>25834897
This is the only correct answer. Everyone can go home now. Thread is over.
>>
File: tumblr_nfhtz6EhFi1rc2534o1_540.png (125 KB, 448x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfhtz6EhFi1rc2534o1_540.png
125 KB, 448x800
I'm not sure why we didn't get any Water starters
I kinda assumed it was because we got Greninja in Super Smash Bros
People could ask the same about that game. Why didn't we get a Grass starter?

Feraligatr, Swampert, or Dewott would've been the best Water starter to be included into Pokken
>>
>>25834647
>no Samurott Empoleon or Swampert

>Blastoise is a good option

why are Blastoisefags the worst
>>
>>25834897
>Rotom-W
We've seen that faggot non-stop for 3 gens now and you want him in the side games too?
>>
>>25834647
Water starters are the most consistently good lucking starters. Nothing as hideous as Venusaur or Blaziken.
>>
>>25834547
Because Feraligatr, Swampert, Empoleon, and Greninja aren't allowed for whatever reason.
>>
>>25835182
>Blastoise isn't a good option
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>25835286
He's not
How the fuck do you animate him in the field phase?
He would be slow as fuck and couldn't even attack well especially in the duel phase
>>
>>25835336
You can do a lot with a lot of Pokemon. They animated Chandelure pretty well, so Blastoise shouldn't be an issue.

Its base speed in the games isn't bad either, so it's faster than it looks. Plus they can do all kinds of cool things with water cannon stunts and acrobatics to get it across the field for charging attacks. Knowing the developers of Pokken, they would definitely find a bunch of creative ways to utilize Blastoise and its cannons.
>>
>>25835336
Have you seen what they do with him in the anime? Motherfucka flips around like a damn ninja
>>
>>25834861
You're not gonna sit there and fucking tell me that Sceptile is more popular than either Swampert or Blastoise.
>>
>>25834879
>room for 4 more characters on the select screen
It might happen.
>>25835604
It is in Japan, where it matters.
>>
>>25834547
I don't know?
>>
>>25834547
SFM WHEN /vp/

FUCKING WHEN
>>
File: image.png (119 KB, 1104x532) Image search: [Google]
image.png
119 KB, 1104x532
>>25834861
By that logic they shouldn't have included any Grass starters at all
>>
>>25834547

Greninja was already in Smash(Hurr durr every other Pokemon in Smash is in Pokken)

Yeah, but Greninja is the most recent addition to Smash.
>>
>>25835943
Perhaps they realized they vastly overestimated his popularity. Methinks he'll become the Infernape of his generation - relatively popular in his own era, but fades into obscurity shortly after.
>>
>>25834547
Seriously don't know

Greninja would have appealed to Smashers
Blastoise woud have appealed to western nostalgiafags
Poliwhirl/Poliwrath would have appealed to Elevens who like cutesy classic manga shit
Starmie would have appealed to smogonfags as Gengar's OU bro
Swampert would have calmed the tide of autism that Sceptile and Blaziken set off

I'm sorry but bluedoge is NOT a good Water type rep; he's more fucking Ice type than Water and no one likes legendaries
>>
What the fuck is this "Suicune is an Ice type" meme I've been seeing lately? Are newgenners really that retarded?
>>
>>25836618
It's just that he's the "incarnation of the north (read: an icy) wind". He's known for shit like Blizzard and Ice Beam, not stuff like Hydro Pump.
>>
>>25834688
Water is my favorite type and I don't like Suicune at all. Fuck off.
>>
>>25836673
>known
Known from where? He has plenty of different water moves in Pokken, and his most famous competitive set only runs Scald/Surf as his sole offensive move. His anime/TCG imaginary often has him racing through the water, like Kirin, which he was based on.

I've got the feeling the Ice type meme was created by salty Gatrfags who are mad their starter bro didn't become the Johto/water rep of Pokken, as if we needed any more bipedal lizards in the roster.
>>
>>25836775
I hate Feraligatr. I wanted Blastoise for Red vs Blue, Greninja for more gen 6 rep or Swampert because Mega Swampert is baller.

Water is too good a type to get one shitty rep whilst Fire has one quarter of the roster.
>>
>>25836618
>newgenners
It's a nostalgiafag thing, they always thought it was an ice type
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.