[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did this faggot became the franchise's mascot? I swear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: 448Lucario.png (589 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
448Lucario.png
589 KB, 1280x1280
When did this faggot became the franchise's mascot? I swear to god they'd replace Pikachu with it if they could.
>>
when brawl came out
>>
when brawl came out
>>
February 9, 2006
>>
when brawl came out
>>
>>25834020
When brawl came out, I've been told
>>
>>25834020

People keep asking this here, and I keep telling them: it's everywhere because it's POPULAR.

Just look at Pichu and Zoroark. GF made the same amount of effort to make them as popular and neither worked as well as Lucario. I'm not a big fan of him myself, but Lucario's presence is only GF catering to the masses of kids who live him.
>>
>>25834020
But Greninja has been shilled harder than Lucario in a shorter period of time.
>>
>>25834020
Add to the list of things that make Gen 4 the worst
>>
I feel like it might've been when Brawl came out.

Not sure where I got that idea.
>>
>>25834068
greninja isn't as shitty looking as lucario though
>>
>>25834020
Remove the spike on its chest and it's literally a good design
>>
>>25834020
Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, and Lucario are the four top members of Game Freak's boy (Or girl) pop band. They're the idols. Sure the band gets other members here and there, and even some veteran members, but these four are the absolute.

Now I feel like drawing those four in pop idol outfits
>>
>>25834102
But the worst aspect of it are the shorts-like leg fur and the lore.
>>
>>25834020
He's my favorite pokemon because he was a best bro in BW2.

I have a lucario in all my teams from each game you can get him in. I hacked a riolu in the games where you can't get him early.
>>
>>25834174
Playing pre-Gen4 games must be torture to you.
>>
>>25834061
Zoroark was never in a smash game. It also wasn't forced on you in 2 different games. They tried toake zoroark popular but not nearly to the extent that they forced lucario. Its a bit of both. Popularity, furfags, and forcing on gfs part.
>>
>>25834229
Never in a smash game as a playable character*
>>
>>25834229
Do you think he would have been popular if they had pushed him more? Also he seriously should've been in Pokkén, he could be the Mokujin.
>>
>>25834241
Idk if he would have been. My guess is he's a bit scary for younger fans and the long hair probably makes him seem to girly for the school aged boy demographic they pushed lucario on.

I'm glad he didn't become lucario 2 because he's one of my favorites.
>>
>>25834020
I honestly didnt realize lucario was such a thing till all you faggots started hating on him so hard..
Your just making it worse with your hate
>>
>>25834265
you dont sound smart at all.
plus a touch of needless hipster communication.
>>
>>25834109
Do it
>>
>>25834020
It's masuda's husbandu
>>
>>25834061
>GF made the same amount of effort
>Zoroark

Zoroark failed because Game Freak was horribly incompetent at handling it. Just compare Lucario (and only Gen 4 or earlier, we can ignore the shit given in Gen 6 since that was after Zoroark failed).

Lucario is an in-game gift you get via Riolu egg about six badges in DPPt. Zoroark is event-only, you cannot get it in BW1 at all without an event. BW2 has it as an in-game gift but even then it's only in postgame.

Lucario was playable in Smash. To be fair Zoroark got a shitty window of release, being too late for Brawl and Gen 6 coming around by the time Smash 4 started production, but Zoroark hasn't ever been playable in Smash.

Lucario has a giant statue in PMD1 specifically to glorify it. Riolu is also a starter in Explorers of Sky. Zorua has never been a starter, not even in fucking Gates to Infinity which may as well have been nothing but Gen 5 Pokémon with how little representation the older Gens got. Fucking Axew got in first.

Really, it's kind of unfair to compare the two, if they really did attempt marketing Zoroark, they did astronomically poorly at it, while Lucario's push was huge and everywhere, and that's again just in Gen 4 ignoring all the saturation it has in Gen 6.
>>
>>25834174
Holy shit you are a fucking faggot.
>>
File: original franchise's mascot.png (22 KB, 140x139) Image search: [Google]
original franchise's mascot.png
22 KB, 140x139
>>25834020
Nah. Clefairy could replace Pikachu as the Franchise's mascot.
>>
>>25835807
Thanks anon
I wanted to write something similar
But glad to know it's already been said
Not only do you get a Riolu egg from Riley in DPP. But Maylene, Riley, and Cynthia also have a Lucario.
It's encounter in Black and White 2 extremely early in the game at the Floccesy Ranch.
>>
File: XY Naturia_03.png (4 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
XY Naturia_03.png
4 KB, 160x144
>>25834192
>not hacking Lucario into every game you play
>>
>>25834061
This is beyond stupid.

GF never abused marketing as much as they did for any one particular mon before Lucario - Mewtwo, Pikachu, and Charizard obviously being the near exceptions. But Lucario really was the face of Gen IV, and NOT because anybody liked it, but because it was everywhere.

You notice subtle things about it too, how it got into B/W2's trailer, the Riolus at Floccessy Ranch? GF knew their Lucario scheme worked, but not until after it was the PMD1 highest rank, or in a movie, or whatever.
>>
>>25835831
>being this mad that someone likes a pokemon you don't like

'tism
>>
>>25836039
Didn't the lucario movie come a good deal of time before gen IV? I wouldn't be surprised if they saw the reaction to the movie, since it's one of the better ones and were like "step up the lucario guys".
>>
>>25834074
FUCKING DELETE THIS!!!!!!
>>
>>25835807
you get a free Zorua in BW2 in game
its Ns
>>
>>25834489
>needless hipster communication
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>25834080
Greninja is also a water starter and not a random ass blue doge from the middle of the dex
>>
>>25834174
I do this too, I'd breed and trade a lvl 1 riolu to every game if it werent for the bonus xp.
>>
File: 1457892413879.png (54 KB, 300x477) Image search: [Google]
1457892413879.png
54 KB, 300x477
Its a shame they can't just replace this thing with Greninja because its a starter.
>>
>>25836039

Except you're pushing Zoroark as the example that defunks Lucario, and yet Pichu and Greninja still show that pushing a Pokemon doesn't work unless the Pokemon is fucking popular to start with.

Lucario is popular, and if Lucario WASN'T popular, it wouldn't be featured so prominently within the games. But he IS popular, so he IS featured prominently in the games.

Greninja got a spot in Smash, a huge arc in the anime, an anime exclusive forme, and a fuckton of merchendise, and he isn't anywhere near as popular as Lucario. Don't get me started on Pichu.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.