[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we just call it Mega Greninja already? Come on. Mega Mewtwo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: ash-greninja.jpg (151 KB, 1357x1920) Image search: [Google]
ash-greninja.jpg
151 KB, 1357x1920
Can we just call it Mega Greninja already?

Come on. Mega Mewtwo Y was "Awakened Mewtwo" for the longest time before Megas got confirmed. This piece of shit has to be Mega Greninja.
>>
>>25833165
what are you going to do if you dont get your way?
>>
They wouldn't make Mega-Greninja look like a specific anime character that has nothing to do with the games. If there is an M-Greninja, it will probably be a similar design but without the sideburns.
>>
>>25833182
its still a bomb design.
>>
It works slightly differently from a mega evolution though. Same power increase but different mechanics, more similar to Synergy Burst from Pokken. I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be officially known as [Trainer] Greninja in SM and it's a special snowflake mega evo like the Primals.
>>
>>25833165
I'm holding out on the hope that it isn't and I'll continue doing so until I'm proven wrong.
>>
>>25833182
Reminder that the pattern on his chest is also modeller after Ash's jacket and the head markings are his hat, the design is a bit too tied into the character.
>>
File: 1433605887905.png (168 KB, 1000x802) Image search: [Google]
1433605887905.png
168 KB, 1000x802
>>25833227

Exactly this. I think this particular design of Greninja is anime only mostly because it's exclusive to Ash down to sharing visual traits and bonds. Nothing is stopping them from using the idea upon the game's trainer and starter though and telling by the lore the anime is hinting about it, this type of forme is considered a "Hero's transformation". I could be wrong though and it's just an anime gimmick but seeing how the game's protagonist usually gets pulled into situations where he needs to take the role of the hero than I could see this forme idea possibly getting a chance.
>>
>>25833165
I still maintain that GreninjAsh is a half-Mega due to not having a mega stone. I guess the best way to explain it is their bond being so strong it breaks the restrictions, but without a Mega Stone to focus that energy into, it doesn't reach its potential as Mega Greninja.

Mega Greninja will likely have Protean, which would explain why GreninjAsh borrows from Ash's features when it transforms.
>>
>>25833995
Ash-Greninja already has restrictions - when it takes damage, Ash himself also feels the pain.
>>
>>25833995
Also forgot to mention before someone busts out the Mega Fug argument, you have to remember that Fug had to have eaten Meteorites to Mega Evolve. Because Fug technically isn't holding the Meteorites, it's able to hold other items
>>
>>25834019
Right, which is what I'm trying to say. Because there's no Mega Stone, Ash somewhat becomes the focus of the energy which in turn hurts him because he's physically connected to Greninja rather than using a conduit
>>
Why would Greninja form this special bond with Ash but not Pikachu?
>>
>>25834287
Protean
>>
>>25834451
lol'd
>>
>>25834451
Greninja uses ash, and turns that type. Greninja is systemically abusing his friendship with his owner and it is destroying Ash's life.
>>
>>25834503
But ash is invincible, and stays young forever. Greninja knows whats good.
>>
>>25834287
Pikachu got cucked out of being Ash's favourite
>>
>>25834287

Because Pikachu is pretty much going to tag along with him to whatever region he goes to next. Can't have that type of power up existing on Pikachu once they hit the reset button. With it on Greninja they can toss the forme aside along with the pokemon itself by sending it to oak's lab or wherever.
>>
>>25836269
>With it on Greninja they can toss the forme aside along with the pokemon itself by sending it to oak's lab or wherever.
>>sending it to oak's lab
Contradicts with the reason it joined Ash's team to begin with. If Ash tried to ditch it, it would likely either force Ash to keep it on his team or do the ditching instead.
>>
if it were Mega Greninja they would just call it Mega Greninja. Awakened Mewtwo made sense because Megas weren't announced yet.
>>
>>25833227
It was the same with Mewtwo, though.
>>
>>25836289
>Awakened Mewtwo made sense because Megas weren't announced yet.
Plus "Awakened" was technically not lying; that's what Megas are from a Watsonian point of view - awakened forms.
>>
>>25834287
Not fully evolved you retard
>>
File: not a mega.jpg (411 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
not a mega.jpg
411 KB, 1536x2048
>Inb4 it's a mega
Just got a new episode summary for a future episode.

>Something happens to Ash in the middle of a battle?
>In order to shed light on the mysterious phenomenon that happens to Ash and Greninja, they have Clemont's machines analyze them as they have battles at a Pokémon Center. And when Alan shows up at the Center, Ash immediately asks him for a battle.
>>
>no greninja in Pokken

nowhere near as artificially popular as Lucario. Greninja's popularity is legit.
>>
It's not going to be Mega Greninja, it's going to be Synergy Greninja when they reveal SM's new gimmick is Synergy Burst, which applies to every Pokemon, but some get visual changes or just Mega Evolve.
>>
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 1000x1000
Ash Greninja is just going to be a vehicle for the mega Greninja reveal.
Ash will lose to Alan using Greninja's deviantart OC form and then discover the mega in search for more power or some stupid shit like that.
>>
>>25836307
Since "Awakened" was not lying because it was going to introduce megas, then we can confirm that Ash Greninja is a new concept that will introduce something new, like pokemon fusion.
Man, I can't wait for sending my partner/lover Lucario, Mega Evolve it, Fuse with it, and then activating my trap card.
>>
The new mechanic is gonna be customizable Pokemon. As your bond with your Pokemon grows you will beable to enhance their stats with actual visible customizations that can make them look like your PC
>>
>>25836307
M--ytwo also has Insomnia
>>
>>25836393
That shows mega evolution energy you retard. The primals and zygarde shows the exact same energy.
>>
>>25838315
But that would require a new engine.
>>
>>25836393
You're an idiot.
>>
>>25833165
So, every Mega Greninja has Ash's face?
>>
>>25833165

Yes, let's call that Pichu event Mega Raichu so so faggots like you don't spam faggy threads every day.
>>
>>25834287
It's not fully evolved,not part of the legend,and a bond goes two ways. Ash loves all his pokemon,but the while the feeling is mutual from all of them some might like him more than others.
>>
>>25839222
>>25838832
>The primals are not Megas
>Mega energy doesn't mean it's a mega-evolution

I see your brains don't work.
>>
>>25836393
infinity energy
>>
File: 050226320550.2506502.png (272 KB, 337x399) Image search: [Google]
050226320550.2506502.png
272 KB, 337x399
>>25836364
>Greninja's popularity is legit.
>>
>>25836282

So they'll leave it with the ninja village so it can train with other strong folks, and Greninja will totally accept it without reservation because that's how it will be written. :^)
>>
>>25833254
The sideburns are the only thing blatantly saying "ASH" though.

>>25833165
When it's called Mega Greninja we will.
>>
>>25836364
Lucario was forced as first, but it's pretty popular for a post gen 2 mon.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.