[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 27-Dwebble and Crustle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
Yesterday was the cactus Pokemon Maractus, today will be about the crabs who's mobile home are a literal piece of the Earth, Dwebble and Crustle.
My thoughts: Eh, not much since I've never used them before. They're the 3rd Rock/Bug type line in the series, and I find the designs pretty ok. Overall, you have to share this one /vp/. From your experience, are these earth crabs another example of Gen 5's GOAT Bug types, or do they just fall short?
>>
I liked it. One of the few Gen 5 designs that weren't immediately off-putting.
>>
I like Dwebble's design, but Crustle's "big square hunk of earth" thing just makes it unappealing. Not super objectionable, just not my cup of tea.
>>
Crustle is one of my favorite Gen V mons and Pokemon of all time. Total fucking bro, shell smashing into oblivion. He basically solo'd the entire elite 4 for me
>>
I caught a shiny one by chance. Beyond that no strong feelings one way or the other. He's pretty cool dude.
>>
>>25828738
One of a small number of gen 5 designs that I loved straight away. As you said, another of gen 5's GOAT bug types

I fucked up my save for my mono-bug run of W2 because I tried to use PokeGen to evolve Shelmet & Karrablast simultaneously, & it turned out just opening the save with the program & then the backup save was enough to completely corrupt the file. One day I'll do it again & get hermit-bro back ;_;
>>
>>25828738
good pokemon, but other bugs in gen V outclass it
>>
>>25828738
Wait, I swear this was a gen-4 pokemon. I seem to remember catching one in Diamond version and kicking al sorts of ass with it. Maybe I'm super mixed up?

Either way, Dwebble and Crustle are awesome.
>>
>>25828738
I was hoping they were going to do something interesting or unique with the "hermit crab" motif, but then it just evolves into a crab with a big square piece of earth on its back.
I don't hate it, I just find it a bit boring.
>>
Lasagna crab is best crab, plus it is literally a krusty krab.
>>
File: 1455718314195.jpg (180 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1455718314195.jpg
180 KB, 800x800
Comfy mons.
>>
File: Naked Crustle.png (360 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Naked Crustle.png
360 KB, 800x450
They're adorable.
>>
>>25831593
Yeah. The concept had potential too
>>
Yes another set of really awesome Pokemon. I never really used one in-game because I had my Bug-type slot squared away with Leavanny or Galvantula, but design-wise I really love these things.
>>
>>25828738
Picked one up recently in White and I'm thoroughly enjoying him. Solid mon in a solid gen
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.