[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Villains/Teams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: ZI98L0o.png (96 KB, 582x484) Image search: [Google]
ZI98L0o.png
96 KB, 582x484
Which team is actually the most threatening/cool or interesting for you?

For me it is team rocket, because they actually killed pokemon and caused the graveyard to get cursed with angry ghost pokemon.
>>
File: Cyrus.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Cyrus.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
Galactic was probably the most disturbing, in that it was a mindless cult of personality attached to a severely psychologically damaged human being.
>>
I liked Plasma because of N and Colress. And the fem grunts were cute, also best outfits in B2/W2. Second is a tie between Aqua/Magma, just like the concept of their goals and I like their designs.
>>
>>25824085
This desu senpai.
>>
>>25824085
This. To go further :

Rocket = best uniforms, most down-to-earth and relatable
Magma/Aqua = best waifus, 2nd best uniforms
Plasma = best battle theme, best boss battle theme (ft. Dennis), N, best storyline overall
Neo Plasma = Cool uniforms I guess. I don't really know
Flare = 2nd best boss battle theme

And that's about it.
>>
>>25824085
>You've constantly interfered with my plans, but you will be forgiven. After all, there will remain no spirit for all time when I am done. All spirit will disappear. It will be ripped away... From you! From your Pokémon! From those precious to you...! It is time! My dream will be my reality!"
>>
>>25824696
Dark as fuck.
>>
Plasma and Galactic had the best stories created around them, because they had a creepy vibe that no other team has. Rocket was just the standard Poke-Mafia, Magma/Aqua were goofy eco-terrorists, and Flare is just Ginger Nazis. Plasma and Galactic had a cool and disturbing personality cult surrounding them. With Plasma you have a sort-of secret society vibe to it with all of the weird royalty aspects and ritual. Galactic was both disturbing and funny, because the grunts were all literal idiots while Cyrus was this creepy psychotic mastermind that kept the entire organization together.
>>
I really loved Team Flare. Excellent Battle theme and fappable admins.
Roast me.
>>
The evil team plot is consistently the worst part of every Pokemon game.
Team Rocket is the best one because they're barely even there. Their motives don't require lengthy explanations, and they don't force you to fuck around with the legendary Pokemon of the week to save the world.
>>
Rocket - literally, the mafia, most relatable goal.
Magma/Aqua - most interesting fights, especially against grunts. The battles suck but the fact that you fight one side while helping the other feels weird. Forces you to realize the danger of taking and extreme position in a way 8 year olds understand.
Galactic- most terrifying leader. Most ambitious plans suffering from spectacle creep. Much more terrifying to see them actually getting legendaries.
Plasma - most relatable ideology and most sensible plan. It's easy to believe I'm abusing pokemon when i'll cause hundreds to faint or be captured and left in a box forever on a whim.
Flare- I don't remember anything good about flare. Lysandre had a kinda cool backstory I think? Pretty forgettable.
>>
File: 1365351248962.jpg (115 KB, 591x530) Image search: [Google]
1365351248962.jpg
115 KB, 591x530
>>25824774
That opinion...
>>
>>25824847
dank meme bro
>>
>>25824774
>i don't like plot other than being the new champion
ok
>>
Plasmaaaa!!!
>>
>>25824768
The admins had shit teams and shit personalities.
>>
>>25824338
I pretty much agree with this.

Aqua/Magma were the most threatening, but thats only because they screwed up and things went out of their control. Galactic was arguably going to screw things up even more, but at that point it really felt like the Team had become irrelevant and it was all Cyrus from then onwards.

Plasma is my favourite overall though. I music and designs are great.
>>
>>25824877
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT WOULD YOU STOP SHOUTING
>>
>>25824829
This and i think Lysandre wanted to create new world or something?
>>
>>25828011
Lysandre wanted to rid the world of ugly people
>>
File: 1459559122263.gif (14 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1459559122263.gif
14 KB, 633x758
>>25828037
>tfw Lysandre wants me dead
>>
I like Tema Magma and Aqua the best, especially from gen-3. Coolest outfits, by far, especially Magma grunts. They look like a bunch angry punks that would take your wallet. Must be the hoodies. Team Aqua being a bunch of pirates was cool too, I love beating up pirates.
>>
File: fujo bait image.jpg (195 KB, 1890x630) Image search: [Google]
fujo bait image.jpg
195 KB, 1890x630
In terms of threatening, I say galactic mainly because they did stuff like bomb shit and managed to get hold of legendaries. That in itself is pretty threatening, I know others have done it too but magma/aqua fucked up and others just focused one legendary, while galactic chained multiple. The idea of Cyrus creating a new universe for him to rule isn't so terrifying so much as taking the users of time and space under his arms to use.

Cool would easily have to be rocket, its simple, dirty and shady mafia work, in it for the cash and the leader is a high end businessman who also had authority outside of his own evil organisation. Clearly Giovanni knew what he was doing when it came to everything, he kept a low profile unlike other leaders who were more in your face at every other stop.

Interesting is Plasma imo, taking a brainwashing effect onto the game making people willingly give up their ownership of pokemon to be the right thing and how the twists are found, e.g. N was the face and thought he was the voice too, but Ghetsis was doing shit in the shadows and using him for his own gains. Also in BW2, where you see the divide of the team, ones who actually wanted to help pokemon stayed true to N and kept the original knight-like uniform, while others that sided with Ghetsis, who wanted to cause trouble and steal with force like team rocket, stayed the enemies and were given newer, dark uniforms.
>>
>>25828037
He wanted to rid the world of people with ugly personalities. He definitely valued physical beauty too, but when he calls Diantha beautiful it's primarily because of the good she contributes to society.

Lysandre is the best antagonist and his team deserved better.
>>
ever talk to the grunts blocking that route into geosenge? that was pretty messed up
>>
Galactic really was one of the more interesting teams - it was the 'team v. leader' thing done perfectly. I don't care about my villains being realistic, I care about them being well written and intimidating. Meeting Cyrus for the first time in Platinum was actually really scary for a kid's game, honestly - and his final battle truly did feel legitimately challenging. He felt like a real, tangible threat, unlike Magma, Aqua, or even Rocket.

Plasma was also great, but for different reasons - the Ghetsis and N dynamic was done really well, seeing how innocent N is and seeing what a monster Ghetsis is. And above it all they question the very foundation of the series itself, and idealism v. pragmatism, etc.

Rocket just never felt threatening, Giovanni's goals seemed all over the place, and the 'revived' Team Rocket feels like the biggest joke in the entire series, even more so than the clowns in R/S who felt more like comedy relief with some edge. Flare's all right, I guess, but poor use of potential.
>>
File: war.png (543 KB, 822x437) Image search: [Google]
war.png
543 KB, 822x437
>>25828011

Lysandre's motives summarized

>There's a limit to the world's resources
>The population of idiots keeps expanding and pissing those resources away. "Lol what's scarcity? Everything's fine now so it'll always be fine!"
>Eventually it'll get to the point where the world has been nearly sucked dry, there isn't enough to go around, and people have to fight over the scraps just to survive
>To avoid this future where EVERYONE is fucked, the idiots need to be removed

He tried to help the world the right way through his company, but it didn't change anything. As the descendant of AZ's brother, Lysandre knew all about the weapon and how AZ used it to bring peace to Kalos by annihilating both sides of the war.
No resolving the conflict nicely.
Just acknowledging they're filth and killing them all.
It worked.
The story probably haunted Lysandre every time he tried and failed to fix things legitimately, and eventually he snapped.
>>
Cipher>Rocket>everyone else>>>>>>>>>>.trash>Neo Rocket
>>
File: 1243861442014.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1243861442014.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
>>25824085
>Parents didn't give him enough hugs
>Decides to destroy the universe to start anew

What a whiny crybaby.
>>
>>25824889
>The admins had shit teams and no personalities.

Fixed
>>
>>25833105

I'm pretty sure Cyrus was just born a sociopath. IE: someone with an actual mental disorder instead of just someone with a bad childhood.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GLJgscPE93w
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kGhBzISIjEg
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u2GeWOMgxiE
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hq742Ip5Tbo
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L-6JV-M8oxE
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv7ZGS3Nkbo
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rFx_iN00wfs
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U0CnIbKR2zI
in no particular order, these are hip to my fucking jams
i have them all on my phone
>>
>>25824889
>Anyone in Team Flare besides Lysandre and that one fat fuck having personalities
You make me laugh anon
>>
>>25829755
Lysandre deserved better to bad he's sleeping
>>
>>25833156
Well, we know he was raised in Sunyshore by those two old folks (possibly indicating his mother and father were killed, traumatizing him), and it was shown earlier on he was more obsessed with machines than people. All the hallmarks of, well, autism, or at least suppressed trauma.
>>
File: 1433571784396.jpg (30 KB, 512x368) Image search: [Google]
1433571784396.jpg
30 KB, 512x368
>>25833105
No wonder Sinnohfetuses praise him and found him "interesting"
>>
>>25830652
It's always nice to see someone actually understanding Lysandre's character. I don't see it enough.

>>25833459
m8 I'll cut you. ;_;
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.