[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is no 6.5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: what the fuck.gif (203 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.gif
203 KB, 320x240
I have fucking had it with this shit.

No matter how much evidence you provide these toddlers who believe in 6.5, they'll ignore what you said, twist your words or do other kinds of mental gymnastics to "disprove" your argument. We have evidence for a new generation. All they have is speculation.

arguments/evidence for gen 7:
-new Pokemon (bird from the trailer and Magearna)
-new region being hinted at (Strange Souvenir)
-concept art in the trailer showed a new location that looks too tropical to be in Kalos
-every remake was followed by a new generation and new games (BW2 are an exception)
-Pokemon from the VC release of GBY can be traded to Sun and Moon with Pokemon Bank, you can't trade them to XY which signifies that there is definitely a difference between the games

arguments/evidence for gen 6.5
-possibility of the pentagon system being used
-a shitload of "what if?" arguments and speculations

And just to clarify what has always meant a new generation: New Pokemon, new region. We know there are new Pokemon, that pretty much settles the argument.

Just one more thing. Don't fucking use ORAS as an argument. Why do 6.5 fags always bring up ORAS? When will people realize that using ORAS as an example for a new game with new Pokemon, abilities and moves that still belong to the previous gen games is just retarded? ORAS aren't exactly 'new' games. They're remakes. Like all previous remakes they belong to the generation they were released in (like FR and LG belong to gen 3 and HGSS belong to gen 4). The new things don't matter. They're still gen 6. Using ORAS as an argument against SM being gen 7 is generally just idiotic.

Those who actually have some intelligence and also believe that the games will be gen 7 can add more evidence if I forgot any.
>>
>>25822371
People are just butthurt because they want Gen 6 redeemed with good games instead of ending on a low note.
>>
>>25822392
This
>>
>>25822392
The gens aren't in any sort of contention with each other except in the minds of the contentious. Gen wars serve very little purpose. It really doesn't matter if a gen has weak finish so long as the new gen is coming.

The idea that someone would prefer a sequel to XY over the introduction of a whole new generation completely baffles me. The prospect of new regions, new pokemon, new megas, and new mechanics is far more exciting than anything Z could promise.
>>
You can tell how /vp/ is the most underage board on 4chan because of how easily everyone falls for bait. Literally nobody believes in gen 6.5 you fucking retarded children
>>
Gold/Silver had Kanto, does that mean Gen 7 could have Kalos? Does wanting that make one a 6.5fag?
>>
>>25825931
This. I had fun with x&y, and even though I felt like it could have been more I want gen 7 infinitly more than z.
>>
>>25822371
I'm going by what that other thread said and calling them Dexes instead of Gens. Nobody will argue over a "Dex 6.5". A mainline game that adds new Pokémon is the start of a new Dex, and bringing up mechanics and compatibility would be irrelevant when talking about Dex 7.
>>
inb4 Gen6.5fags start posting their meme pictures and their nopes in place of an actual argument
>>
>>25826020
SuMo will be Dex 7. Simple as that.
>>
>>25826046
And here you see the Gen6.5fag, once again disproven, changing their argument and running any bullshit they can to not face the truth everyone else has already accepted
>>
>>25826056
>And here you see the Gen6.5fag
Where did I bring up anything the average 6.5fag brings up? If there's new Pokémon, it's a new Dex. RGBY are Dex 1, GSC are Dex 2, and so on and so forth. There is no Dex 6.5, only Dex 7. Or are you just trying to perpetuate the pointless argument?
>>
>>25826046
>SuMo
>>
>>25826077
Why would you suddenly introduce this "Dex 7" bullshit unless you are trying to dodge calling it Gen 7 like it is?
>>
>>25826086
Because 6.5fags will bring up
>muh new region
>muh new mechanics
>muh battle compatibility with XY/ORAS
>muh new Gym Leaders
ad nauseum. When referring to future waves of new Pokémon as Dexes, all that shit is made irrelevant as soon as the 6.5fag sees the post. I will also mention "Dex 8" once Gen 7 is done and behind us as well, as a reminder of this day.
>>
>>25826103
But Dex 7 is just Gen 7. What you are doing is trying to find a middle ground with people who a completely wrong
>>
>>25826112
>What you are doing is trying to find a middle ground with people who a completely wrong
It is not a bridge I am making, but a wall. It stops the 6.5fags before they can begin, and in the future will stop the 7.5fags before THEY can begin.
>>
>>25826124
No you are not, you are giving them what they want by forfeiting. You are basically saying "Fine, you win" to end the argument.
>>
>And just to clarify what has always meant a new generation: New Pokemon, new region.
Honestly, I've never heard any of the definitions for a gen /vp/ has been using until all this retarded arguing started.

Feels like people have just been going with the term and once people started questioning it everyone started pulling definitions of what they think it means out of their ass to help their arguments.

That may just be because there's never had to been arguing over it before, and I've just never thought much about the term.
>>
>>25826131
>implying they are worth arguing with in the first place
>>
NONE of the points you listed is an argument specifically for a 7th gen and the last one and the point about new gen after remakes are both flat out false.

Mechanics and compatibility decide generation. Even if there is a new region and Pokemon it will still be easily identifiable as gen 6 if it can battle with gen 6 games, trade with gen 6 games, same mechanics as gen 6 games, same graphics/aesthetic as gen 6 games.
>>
>>25826397
Why is that so though? So far all new generation games have brought new Pokemon and a new region, while there has been partial compatibility between games in the past (GSC and RBY). Also since the Pokemon from RBY VC can only be moved to SM, it would suggest that you can't trade between SM and XY/ORAS
>>
>>25826448
This guy gets it.

>>25826397
>if it can battle with gen 6 games
>if
There it is, the "what if?" argument.
"Conditional tenses (in this case if) are used to speculate about what could happen, what might have happened, and what we wish would happen."
Whenever 6.5 fags use if it is mostly the last point, they wish for that to happen. The problem, my friend, is that there is a possibility but not a very high likelyhood for it to happen, judging by what GF did in the past. They like to break patterns sometimes, but not the most basic patters that they established since the beginning.
>>
>>25822371
>new Pokemon (bird from the trailer and Magearna)
Yep.

>new region being hinted at (Strange Souvenir)
Irrelevant. There is always unused data. And it doesn't mean the new region is in SM, it just means there is a new region coming in the future, which is obviously true.

>concept art in the trailer showed a new location that looks too tropical to be in Kalos
True, but not confirmed.

>every remake was followed by a new generation and new games (BW2 are an exception)
Wrong. FRLG were followed by Emerald. There is literally NO pattern to the release order of games.

>Pokemon from the VC release of GBY can be traded to Sun and Moon with Pokemon Bank, you can't trade them to XY which signifies that there is definitely a difference between the games
No, it says you can't trade DIRECTLY. However in either case this is not evidence for either side, despite what the 6.5fags tell you. The whole point of Bank is that there is one simple method to transfer Pokemon backwards AND forwards. The reason you can only transfer directly to SM is because they don't want to put the Gen 1->later conversion code in Bank itself. They'll put it in SM, so then you can put the Pokemon back in Bank and any Gen 6 Pokemon will be sent back to XYORAS.

>possibility of the pentagon system being used
Again, not evidence for either side. SM could be Gen 7 and still use the pentagons, so that Pokemon in competitions can be from from XY onward. The whole point was to separate Gen 6 from OLDER generations, not from later generations.

>>25826397
>mechanics and compatibility
When are you going to give up this shit? It's been proven time and time again that neither of those metrics is reliable. Both have changed within a generation. And compatibility has been allowed between Gens 1&2. Fuck off with the circular arguments.

>same graphics/engine
Again, BW uses the same engine as Gen 4. There were as many changes in HGSS as in BW.
>>
>>25825983
No that's a Gen 7 belief. Gen 6.5 is the belief that because of XY introducing very few Pokemon compared to other games, the second half of the Kalos Dex is going to be introduced in SM, which still takes place in Kalos and involves a Zygarde plot.
>>
>>25826226
This. Fucking autists.
>>
File: 1430481195722.jpg (39 KB, 611x404) Image search: [Google]
1430481195722.jpg
39 KB, 611x404
>there are people that want more Kalos
>>
>>25827632
but also has Hawaii, which is a given anyway
>>
>>25827602
>Irrelevant. There is always unused data.
There was never any mention of unused data. The Strange Souvenir is actually used in the game. Sure, it doesn't do anything, but you can get it by normally playing the game. If an item can be obtained without hacking and therefore by normally playing the game, it is not unused data.

>Wrong. FRLG were followed by Emerald.
I didn't consider the third edition games at all, my bad.
>>
>>25827781
OP here, by the way.
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 643x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 643x820
>>25822371
tl;dr

The main argument is that there are existing Zygarde forms no official media has ever stated are exclusive to anime of whatever irrelevant bullshit you can think of. All other stuff like unused pentagon slots and lack of precedence of skipping the third version is just an icing on the cake.
>>
>>25827781
>The Strange Souvenir is actually used in the game.
No, it's not actually USED. You obtain it and that's all. Plenty of stuff is like that (Nuggets, all that treasure in BW).

There's no evidence it even has a use, it's just a souvenir from another region. Doesn't have to be relevant to SM.
>>
>>25828082
The treasure and Nuggets exist to be sold for profit. That is their use. The Strange Souvenir sells for 200. The Berserk Gene in GSC sold for 200 too, but that at least was consumable and had an effect. Strange Souvenir is not consumable despite not being a Key Item, and when held does not affect a Pokemon in battle. It's just there. No other item has had no use. That's why 6.5 fags keep bringing it up. No idea why OP used it as an argument.
>>
I don't understand what the pentagon system has to do with anything. Doesn't it just mean that a mon was generated in a gen 6 game? Even if it does more, why couldn't GF reuse it in future gens?
>>
This thread is a perfect example as to why I say Dexes instead of Gens, and why you should do the same. There can't possibly be a Dex 6.5, therefore 6.5fags who aren't even worth arguing to begin with won't bother to spew their bull honkey.
>>
>>25830335
6.5 is stupid. Gen 6 S/M isn't.
>>
>>25828349
Half the treasure in BW isn't worth anything either.

Regardless, as I said it's not evidence for gen 6 or 7.

>>25830335
But what is a "dex"? A Pokedex in each game doesn't just contain new Pokemon (except BW1). And Platinum has a different dex to DP yet is not a new gen.

So then you're back to the standard assertion of new Pokemon = new gen.
>>
>>25830719
A Pokédex is a tool of convenience which is for the purpose to present convenient and streamlined information in a fairly quick manner.
Also
New Generation = New Pokémon
Not the other way around.
>>
>>25830719
Dex as in additions to the National Dex. BW and B2W2 are the same Dex.
>>
>>25830784
>New Generation = New Pokémon. Not the other way around.
That doesn't make any sense. If a new generation gives us new Pokemon, then doesn't that automatically mean that new Pokemon are part of a new generation?
>>
bump so 6.5fags can see this
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.