[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Nintendo would now die would we see Pokémons on consoles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
If Nintendo would now die would we see Pokémons on consoles and PC? Or could possibly Pokémon die with Nintendo?
>>
Nintendo own two-thirds of the IP. If they were to die then they'd have to decide what to do with their shares of the IP (either sell it to Game Freak so they have full rights or sell it to another publisher who would then publish the future games).

Although why would you want Pokemon on consoles and PC? The whole point of the series is "Pocket Monsters", moving it to a non-handheld would ruin its concept.
>>
>>25822359
Thats what i'm talking about. Would they go to consoles or would GF develop some sort poke handheld console.
>>
>>25822382
they'd probably go to smartphones, but it would fail.

See Pokemon GO.
>>
Consoles/PC/smartphones would be a horrible choice.

I wouldn't mind it on other handhelds like the PSV. this would bring it back to life.
>>
>>25822317
>The whole point of the series is "Pocket Monsters", moving it to a non-handheld would ruin its concept.

Fuck off with this retarded logic. Most of us play pokemon at home and have just as fun. Having the option to buy pokemon on console AND handhelds won't hurt the series. In fact it would only help it.
>>
>>25825424
>I wouldn't mind it on other handhelds like the PSV. this would bring it back to life.
>Vita
>bringing anything back to life
>>
>>25825461
>In fact it would only help it.
Ignoring the fact that the console games always sell like shit.

Also it would only hurt the series because they won't be able to use the dual version shtick to sell games and the production cost would be higher. Not to mention the overall lower sales.

In other words, 4 games are better than one.
>>
>>25827004
Fairly sure he meant that Pokémon would bring the Vita back to life in the West, not vice versa.
>>
>>25827032
Not even Pokemon could bring back the Vita.
They would have to drop the price and give the user a free memory card to have a chance.
>>
>>25827042
It's doing fairly well in Japan since it's the undisputed best platform for VN's.

But yeah, whatever they do for it over here won't matter, it's already too late for the PSV.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.