[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here looked forward to the steven battle more than the red battle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-04-03-17-46-47-1638526821.jpg (6 KB, 192x128) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-03-17-46-47-1638526821.jpg
6 KB, 192x128
Who here looked forward to the steven battle more than the red battle?
>>
Me. Red's Pokemon are insanely overleveled and require grinding if your team isn't suited for it.

Steven also just has a way better team, and I missed Steven being the champion, whereas I never expected to see Red in the Johto games.
>>
>>25820680
Why is this battle so forgettable?
It's pretty much the Red equivalent, and a damn good battle.
>>
>>25820755
Steven is much more memorable and always was more of a help than Birch, who couldn't step out of his town without getting attacked by a level 2 poochyena
>>
>>25820755
It doesn't have the same build up. Red has the whole of Mt. Silver before him along with requiring you to have all the Kanto badges, while with Steven you just have to beat the league or so and then go back to an old location with a new extra room.
Also the credits doesn't roll afterwards, which also makes it feel less important.
>>
>>25820965

Red also has the added bonus of being a player character.
>>
>>25820755
Red was cooler because you were battling the last game's protagonist. If Steven were replaced with a mute Gold/Ethan it would've been more memorable.
>>
>>25820965
>>25821006
Also maybe its just me but I played Emerald before R/S, so as an 8 year old kid I had no idea who the fuck Steven was. I know he showed up a couple of times earlier in Emerald but he never seemed memorable to me.
>>
>>25821102
Underage b&
>>
>>25821120
Emerald came out 11 years ago.
>>
Steven was not a memorable character in the original games.
>>
Why wasn't there a similar type of battle in ORAS?
Didn't have to be Steven, just some person you don't get to fight until you've finished the entire storyline
>>
Red is basically fighting your past self. It also has a nice cave leading to him. The credits roll afterwards. It is meta, it is a passing of the torch moment, and it has the story come full circle. It has a lot going for it.

Steven isn't a memorable character for most. He appears once or twice in the previous game. His cave is just an old cave with an extra room. There is nothing symbolic, nostalgic, or anything about it. There isn't even novelty, since GS did it first.
>>
>>25821267

There is. Problem is you don't unlock it until you get a trophy in the maison.
>>
>>25821223
To me he was the most memorable character in r/s/e
>>
>>25820755
Shit music. What the fuck were they thinking giving him that crappy battle theme? Where was his champion music?

Also only being able to fight him once was fucking lame.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.