[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Intend to train a Pokemon whose highest stats are its defenses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1433131041026.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1433131041026.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>Intend to train a Pokemon whose highest stats are its defenses
>Only suggested sets for it are offensive
Any suggestions for bulky mons with bulky sets?
>>
>>25814614
Depends on what you want to do with them. There's no such thing as a "defensive" move.
>>
>>25814614
Those dogs are fucking cute.
That said it depend on the pokemon. Most of the time the listed sets are the best ones for the pokemon.
These depend on their general stats, movepool and ability.
You can always use any pokemon in any way you can however, if you are stupid enough to try it or just trying to have fun.
Use your mind for once, you can even slap a rocky helmet in rough skin sharpedo, give it max HP/Def and call it a day.
>>
>>25814614
It's called "stalling"
>>
>>25815262
I need some more pokemon that can stall and/or set up.
>>
>>25815310

You silly autist, give us some more info on the pokes you wanted bulky sets for but could only find offensive sets
>>
>>25815353
Well I was looking at Crustle because it's something different, but the suggested sets for it put emphasis on attack and speed.
>>
>>25815406
Crustle has no reliable recovery, but does have the coveted Shell Smash, which is why offense is its best means of functionality. Sturdy means it can almost always get a safe Shell Smash off, and Weakness Policy can help ensure a big boost before it goes to attack.

A defensve set is questionable, as even if it does share Shuckle's typing of few weaknesses, it does not share its bulk (at least on the Special side).

Weak to Rock and Steel and Water, while only resisting Normal and Poison, 2 extremely uncommon attacking types.

That being said, if you insist on going defensive, I implore you to put Stealth Rock and Spikes on it, since having access to both is pretty valuable.
>>
>>25815406
That's because the only thing this thing can pull off is sturdy shell smash.
Bug/rock is a bad defensive type, and crustle doesn't have good recovery moves or enough bulk to be viable for stall.

If anything you can use it as a rocks/spikes setter that isn't completely shut down by taunt like shuckle.
>>
>>25814614
Ferrothorn
Chansey
Gliscor
Megazard-x bulky wisp set is good
Mega sableye
Quagsire
Cresselia
>>
>>25815542
Nothing but Cancer.
>>
>>25815552
he asked for cancer so he got cancer
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.