[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>At least 11 new Pokemon Is it bad that I would actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 1148x764) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 1148x764
>At least 11 new Pokemon

Is it bad that I would actually be completely ok with this?

I mean, we have almost 1000 Pokemon at this point, and that's pretty insane to think about. And it's not because I can't keep track, (I think most up from my head) it's more because a lot of Pokemon aren't fucking viable, even by first run standards.

With this they could balance shitmons out a little, change stats, moves, and other things. Or hell, maybe even focus on a difficulty setting, fixing the 3d Pokemon models and giving them more animations, and other new mechanics they've wanted to try but haven't had the time to do.

I'd be completely ok with we for even less Pokemon than in XY if we got other changes to compensate.

And yes I know it was a joke, but I'm just saying.
>>
File: original shiggy.jpg (5 KB, 210x250) Image search: [Google]
original shiggy.jpg
5 KB, 210x250
>>25812997
Masudapologists, everyone.
>>
>At least 11 new Pokémon.

Actually, More than 40 new Pokémon.
>>
>>25812997
Can none of you get a joke or are you guys just retarded
>>
They would just add a shitload of ugly megas anyways. I'm not spending $40 just to get a dozen new Pokemon and the postgame Gen 6 should've had in the first place.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 408x408
>>25813020
Actually no.

I'm more saying "they better make it the best fucking game ever for that absolutely pathetic Dex size."

If it was just XY all over again I would finally be able to push myself to completely stop playing games made for children.

>>25813021
>>25813031
Source?
>>
>>25813060
Obviously you're retarded if you didn't read the fucking spoiler you twat.
>>
>>25812997
>says joke
>everyone laughs

>/vp/ too autistic to recognize it as a joke
>>
>>25813064
Lol. Agree
>>
If you want shitmons to be viable then just play smogon low tiers. And all pokemon are viable in playthroughs. Except Unown.
>>
>>25813078
See >>25813074
It's like you fags can't even read.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 320x320
>>25813087
>Using a shitty fanmade ruleset to excuse how poorly made the game is.
Please drink bleach.
>>
>>25812997
Except GF will do no such thing.
>>
>>25813128
I know.

But a man can dream/have sad delusions, right?
>>
>>25813124
GF is not going to re-balance 700 motherfuckers, tiers are the best you can hope for
>>
>>25813124
>posting furries from a smartphone
ban mobileposters when
>>
>>25813157
See >>25813128

>>25813161
Nice rebuttal friendo.
>>
Every subsequent generation will consist of 3 starters and their evos, 1 shit normalmon from the first route and its evo, 1 regional bird with 2 evos, 10 (counting evos) assorted dex fillers [among the dex fillers: one "let's design a pokemon while doing the same drugs we did when designing magnemite/magneton" family, one furbait family, one waifumon family], 2 families of version exclusive counterparts (1 evo each), about 10 (counting evos) water pokemon,
2 fossil families, 1 token small and weird mon with no evolution, 1 token ghost family, 1 pseudolegendary family, 6 legendaries, all in that pokedex order.
>>
>>25813157
>>25813194
No wait, shit.
See >>25813137
God damn it.
>>
>>25813124
>How poorly made the game is
>He thinks it was the intention of the designers to make all equal and they just fucked up and this is what we got

Are you retarded? They purposely made some mons stronger than others. If you want to play with those weak mons, than either just play with them in single player, or play low tiers smogon.
>>
>>25813087
>all pokemon are viable in walkthroughs
If you are willan to spend more time grindan.
>>
>>25813124
How did he try to excuse the game at all anon?
He said that you can use fanmade tiers so you can use Pokemon you otherwise wouldn't be able to - such as first stage evos and utter shitmons.
Are you fucking illiterate anon?
>>
it shouldnt matter if there are 10000 as long as regional dexes exist
catch em all hasn't been the slogan forever.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 253x296) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 253x296
>>25813215
>They purposely made some mons stronger than others.
So? Doesn't mean they can't give shitmons more solid stats and movepools.
And I'm not saying make everything the exact same thing, because that would be incredibly boring and retarded. I'm just saying I would like to play Pokemon I actually like without having to worry about getting my ass handed to me because some tierwhore is using something they only use because it's objectively better in the game.

>If you want to play with those weak mons, than either just play with them in single player, or play low tiers smogon.
Except there are mons that aren't even good to use on the first Playthrough compared to others, and like I said, I don't want to use a Fanmade Ruleset to have to play Pokemon I like.

>>25813288
He's excuse it by implying that shit doesn't need to be fixed if I can use some 3rd party thing to get the same result.
>>
>>25813309
>Doesn't mean they can't give shitmons more solid stats

But thats exactly what it means. They're not supposed to be able to compete with stronger pokemon.
>>
>>25813309
It doesn't need to be fixed, there's nothing wrong with it. Some pokemon are better than others. This was always the intention of the designers. Most people don't have a problem with it. It makes sense. Why would a caterpiller (Caterpie) be as strong as a bull (Tauros)? But if you really want to play with the shitmons, then you can. They're all possible to beat the game with. Even if some would be better options.
>>
File: 1457304955663.jpg (73 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1457304955663.jpg
73 KB, 800x800
>>25813309
>>
>>25813335
>But thats exactly what it means. They're not supposed to be able to compete with stronger pokemon.
Why? Because Masuda-Senpai said so?

Designing a game to be purposely the most unbalanced thing on the planet is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard, especially since the games are marketed and even written to say "play Pokemon you like instead of shit you'll be forced to play because it's objectively better than everything else because GF are such fucking bias hacks that they will continue to buff shit like Garchomp, Charizard and Lucario because they can't get enough of them."
>>25813371
>It doesn't need to be fixed, there's nothing wrong with it.
Most of /vp/ would argue otherwise.
Have you not been in a thread where /vp/ will complain about how certain mons don't learn certain moves despite those moves making complete sense and there's no excuse as to why those mons shouldn't learn them?

>>25813371
>Why would a caterpiller (Caterpie) be as strong as a bull (Tauros)?

That's not what I'm saying though.
I'm saying why should Growlithe not learn fucking growl?
>>25813415
Nice argument! Sure proved me wrong!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.