[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I dexnav chain and another pokemon shows up does my chain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1453360338008.png (773 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1453360338008.png
773 KB, 960x540
If I dexnav chain and another pokemon shows up does my chain break? If I need to defeat said pokemon will my chain continue?
>>
yes, if another poke shows up in dexnav, kill it and continue, don't run away or let it run away.
>>
>>25812286
Does this increase chain count or not?

Not that I do this. The only real shinies are bred from 1000s of eggs :^)
>>
>>25812471
no, it does not
>>
>>25812265
>Caring about chains
Why, exactly?
>>
>>25812487
for shinies?
>>
>>25812667
Dexnav chains only increase levels. They don't affect shiny rate at all.
>>
dexnav chaining doesnt actually do anything, dont worry about it
just increase the search level
>>
>>25812667

Don't be a fool and dexnav for shinies when you could masuda method for better overall stats and natures.
>>
So I didn't realize chains were a thing with the dexnav, and it doesn't keep going like the pokeradar, so is it just chaining with only finding pokemon via the dexnav without any other encounters between it?
>>
>>25812697
I don't care for stats and natures. I'll showdown for those. Though having hidden abillities and eggmoves is a nice plus.

>>25812681
Does fishchaining increase shiny rates?
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=If+I+dexnav+chain+and+another+pokemon+shows+up+does+my+chain+break%3F+
>>
>>25812716
Chain fishing absolutely does, yes. People assumed that since the DexNav has a hidden chaining feature, which is observable by the levels of wild Pokemon increasing, that it increased the shiny odds as well. but more testing has shown that it's probably just a higher flat rate like the friend safari.
>>
Does soaring in the sky increase odds of shiny? I randomly got it into my head it did, and tried to defeat every flock of birds I saw.

The other day I ran into a shiny Braviary. Not the best but not the worst...
>>
>>25812667
The dexnav only gives you an increased flat rate for shinies, just like the friend safari. Chaining is only for if you want hidden abilities/perfect IVs.
>>
Guys how do I chain for shinies? Or how do I prepare for shiny hunting? Honest questions.
>>
>>25815295
Buy repels, have your first mon be a level 100 that can kill in one hit, or incapacitate shiny when you find it: I recommend Parasect - X-Scissor to kill, False Swipe to 1 HP enemy, Stun Spore to paralyse non-electric/steel mons and Spore for electric/steel mons.
>>
>>25815347
Alright, so, I have Shiny Charm, triggering hordes are ok? Can I really use the Nav, or where do I go to Friends Safari, is it where the old safari was(oras)?
>>
Friend Safari is only in X/Y ..not ORAS
>>
>>25815357
If you have a shiny charm I believe your fastest way to find shinnies is the dexnav.

Because it's flat increase to the shint rate, without the charm it's like 1/512 and with the charm it's 1/200 every encounter.
For reference 1/200 were the max odds for a shiny using gen 4 pokeradar chaining.

I just found 2 shinies yesterday without the charm myself. One in 194 encountets and one in 398. The odds are pretty high.
>>
>>25815357
You can dex navi or horde encounter. Dex Navi gives you an increased chance of encountering a shiny ever 100 search levels or something, whereas I think with hordes is just brute force encountered 5 mons are ones means in one battle you're 5 times as likely for one to be shiny. So it's your choice, unless your looking for a specific mon that can't be horde encountered.
>>
>>25815666
Dexnaving for shinnies is NOT based on chains. It is just a flat increase to the odds at all times.

Dexnav chains only affect higher levels and possibilities of better stats. So if you use dexnav, you should still be KO'ing pokemon, but just know it won't increase your odds of finiding the shiny. Your first encounter on a chain of 0 will be just a likely as you 500th encounter on a chain of 500.
>>
>>25815686
>Dexnaving for shinnies is NOT based on chains. It is just a flat increase to the odds at all times.
I don't believe this. If you have say level 999 dexnav for a specific mon. Finding shinies will occur way more often. It's not a chain as in it doesn't require to be kept alive. But it's still an increase despite what any official statistics claim. I think they just haven't uncovered it properly yet.
>>
>>25815699 (are) (dumb)
>despite what any official statistics claim

i don't have enough memes to express how stupid you are
>>
>>25815825
Show me proof.
>>
>>25815852
>Show me proof.
No, I don't care. But the fact that you have seen proof of the contrary (i.e. "official statistics"), have no evidence supporting your claim besides a gut feeling, and continue to flatly make your claim makes you the objectively worst kind of human.

If you're underage I could almost be okay with it, but adult conspiritards are absolutely sickening.
>>
>>25815893
I have seen no proof but my gut feeling.
Why shouldn't I trust my gut feeling when no one has provided any proof?

>namecalling out of nowhere
You're not making any sense. Unless you can actually provide me with evidence my gut feeling is solid evidence.
>>
>>25816127
>Unless you can actually provide me with evidence my gut feeling is solid evidence.
Not him but that argument is just as stupid as his. As you can still do it based on the idea but claiming your feels is worth more than no evidence is just dumb.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.