[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>half of the Johto Gym leader don't even use Johto mons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 760430.jpg (37 KB, 318x393) Image search: [Google]
760430.jpg
37 KB, 318x393
>half of the Johto Gym leader don't even use Johto mons
>Falkner doesn't use Hoothoot, because DUDE THE SAGES HAVE THEM LMAO
>You know all the new bugs introduced in Gen II? Well fuck em Bugsy isn't using any of them
>Whitney is the first Gym leader that uses a Gen II mon, THREE GYMS IN; oh and it's normal type, you know, THE SECOND MOST COMMON TYPE, and even then one of her TWO mons was from Gen I.
>Oh and that one new ghost we introduced in Gen II? Yeah Morty isn't using it, oh and if you want to use it, you can only get it in the endgame OF THE POSTGAME
>Oh hey maybe Chuck could use the new Hitmon or Heracross since Bugsy sure didn't use it, Oh wait, he doesn't.
>Well at least Jasmine uses Steelix, BUT does she really need TWO Magnemite when there was also Skarmory, Forretress, and Scizor?
>And hey Pryce uses Piloswine right? Oh but Sneasel, Fuck that
>Well at least they didn't fuck up giving the one new Dragon type to Clair (yet oddly they did for Lance, the 'Dragon' master).

Also post things GF has done in their games that just make you ask why
>>
>>25810923
>Also post things GF has done in their games that just make you ask why

topic made for autists.

now prove to us you are one.
>>
Gen II is a really weird generation to me. I still don't know how to feel about it. A lot of stuff dislike, a lot of I like...

Eh.
>>
>>25810923

>all these complaints about Johto

you're not implying that they're bad games, right anon?
>>
File: trollfreak.jpg (153 KB, 499x1485) Image search: [Google]
trollfreak.jpg
153 KB, 499x1485
>>
Johto was fucking awful with new mons. Even back when it came out everyone was still using old mons, and trading them back to RB to Missingno glitch them up to 100. Plus the Elite Four were lower level than Gen1 anyway.

Quick, name some good Gen2 mons prior to reaching Kanto.

I got Mareep
what else? fuck I don't even know
>>
>>25810966
Crobat
Heracross
Scizor
Skarmory
Donphan
>>
>>25810991
apparently liking scizor makes you a normie and calls for replies
>>
>>25810991
Oh man. Finding a Heracross was a bitch.
>>
>>25810991
>Scizor
You need to trade a Syther holding Metal Coat to get that, and you get Metal Coat after you beat the Elite Four on the SS Aqua. Granted that is still technically before you reach Kanto proper.
>>
File: raichu_veryroundplush07.jpg (73 KB, 729x825) Image search: [Google]
raichu_veryroundplush07.jpg
73 KB, 729x825
>>25810966

I think because Gen 2 came out at a time when they really weren't trying to use the ''WOAH LOOK AT ALL THESE NEW POKEMON'' thing solely as a means of selling the games. I mean, yeah, it was a feature, but Gen 1 Pokemon were still perfectly marketable and ''new'', in a sense, at that time as well.

As a result, instead of it being 70% New'mon, and 30% old 'mon like in Gen 3, it was a perfect 50/50 split of Kanto Pokemon and Johto Pokemon. They didn't want to make it too unfamiliar to new players, especially since all the toys, clothes, plushies, etc. at that time were all Gen 1 Pokemon.
>>
>>25810951

They're not "bad", but they're riddled with baffling decisions regarding the placement of new Pokemon. You can't even fucking get Houndour, a new Johto 'mon, until you get to fucking KANTO.
>>
>>25811088
>50/50
there was a pretty clear lean to Kanto Pokemon lad
>>
>>25811160

Not really. There are just as many Hoppips, Hoothoots, and Sentrets as there are Oddishes, Pidgey's and Rattatas. I mean, I'm just going off my HeartGold knowledge since I haven't played Silver in years, but I honestly remember seeing just as many Johto 'mon as Kanto 'mon.
>>
>>25811041
You can get them off wild Magnemites. Kind of annoying, but way better than waiting until that late, especially if you've got fucking Onix
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.