[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously I don't get it. Where was all this "muh Gen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 1080x707) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 1080x707
Seriously I don't get it.
Where was all this "muh Gen 5.5" shit when we were being let on for Gen VI?

Why didn't "new Pokemon" mean back then what some retards think it means now?

Why do you have to be unapologetic faggots all of a sudden?
>>
4chan culture has evolved into "argue and be petty about every mortal thing".
>>
>>25810442

We already had a Gen 5.5 in Black/White 2
>>
>>25810457
It's always been that way.
>>
Gen 5 fags had nothing to complain about because their 3rd dragon got a game.

This is all people being salty that GF decided to move on instead of making a game to redeem Gen 6 and pander to all that stupid lore people have been drooling over for 3 years.
>>
The whole gen 6.5 thing started because of the pentagon.

In their code, X/Y and OR/AS recognize 6 possible games where the Pentagon can be generated, obviously X/Y-OR/AS being four of them. This fact led us to believe there were going to be 6 games in total for Gen 6.

However, after the title was announced it was pretty obvious we were going to get new pokemon, so if there's new pokemon, but these new games also share the pentagon and can communicate and battle between them, then does it really make it a new gen?

The biggest question here is:
What is the pentagon meant to represent?
>>
>>25810482
I literally didnt give two shits about what mascot got in the third game.

I was on the Gray Version train only to be pleasantly surprised by B2W2. And I want to apologize for the Gen 5.5 fags. Sequels dont make a generation a half. BW2 are Gen 5. Period.

Also, I dont want a Z or XY2. After I beat Y, I was ready for Gen 7
>>
>>25810530
It's just a mark preventing people from using roided mons from Gen 5 online.

Also we don't know whether SM will even use the pentagon or not, this all conjecture based on garbage data from a companion app.
>>
>>25810482
game freak taking good decisions for once
>>
>>25810530
>pentagon
>5 vertices
>5 edges
XYORAS confirmed for gen 5.5 woah damn
>>
>>25810442
I think that there's 3 reasons for the case of XY:

1- Since the reveal the new set of starters and region was shown
2- Since the reveal we knew that it was in the 3DS, a new console
3- The battles were TOTALLY different from Gen 5, literally no way that it could be thought as "Gen 5.5"

Again, we just lack info for now, but just think about a little thing: Why the transference from Gen 1 (eshop) is directly to Sun/Moon and not also XY/Oras if they were "supposed" to be compatible as a Gen 6 game?
Ignore the retards dude, we know that the truth will come and erase all this 6.5 crap.
>>
>>25810680
Back when BW were announced, all we got were logos and the console (which was the same as DS). It was a very similar situation to SM, actually, yet nobody even argued that it wasn't a new generation.

> Why the transference from Gen 1 (eshop) is directly to Sun/Moon and not also XY/Oras if they were "supposed" to be compatible as a Gen 6 game?

Usually when you bring this up they just ignore you
>>
>>25810831
>yet nobody even argued that it wasn't a new generation.

If we saw Giratina's forme in the anime and Platinum never came out people would've argued.
>>
>>25810442
>Where was all this "muh Gen 5.5" shit when we were being let on for Gen VI?

Lets see
>a gameplay trailer was shown right of the bat
>the game was on a new system
>gen 5 story was basically finished after it's third version (BW2)
>gen 5 didn't have any confirmed forms of one of it's native Pokemon not appearing in any game whatsoever
>an entire hype machine revolving around that mysterious form didn't exist either
>gen 5 didn't have any unused compatibility slots left after BW2

And that's just from the top of my head.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.