[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many Pokemon parodies take on the idea of "le
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: sad troll.png (57 KB, 582x452) Image search: [Google]
sad troll.png
57 KB, 582x452
Why do so many Pokemon parodies take on the idea of "le trapping animals in balls against their will" when they've been shown in the anime to be able to come out on their own whenever they want?
>>
Because people and parodies are dumb
>>
>>25809676

>watching parodies of video games
>ever

There's your probalo.
>>
>>25809676

better question is, why are you unironically using a trollface on 4chan?
>>
File: 1453931292390.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1453931292390.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>pokemon parody
>jokes about what goes on inside a Pokeball
>>
>>25809676
I agree on the parody thing, but if pokeballs are not holding pokemon against their will explain the master ball
>>
>>25809676
You mean to say you dont send your pocket monsters out to battle without first recieving their prior consent? Its one of the core morally questionable aspects of pokemon that were meant to be made fun of.
>>
>>25809741
Because they aren't caught at that point. Same logic applies to Pokemon that have already been caught, and Poke Balls no longer work on them.

>>25809743
Pokemon in the anime have been shown to refuse to battle, as well. How do you think Roar works?
>>
>the anime

Well there's the problem. I bet you also think Pokemon aside from Gen 6 Pikachu say their names.

>Cyrus's notes: Pokeballs heavily restrict a Pokemon's power.
>Drayden: Before balls were common, Pokemon could run away from bad trainers.
>Generic NPC: His Pokemon stopped listening to him at all when he listened to Team Plasma and released it.
>Shadow Triad: Taunt Hugh over how his sister's Purrloin, now a Liepard, is forced to follow their commands because of the ball.
>Xerosic's suit specs: A hacking cable on the neck piece allows the wearer to upload a computer virus to Poke Balls and override their systems. This provides access to control the Pokemon.

Now go ahead and tell me how thieves like Team Rocket would even function if balls were just glorified doghouses.
>>
File: wapol annoyed.jpg (157 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
wapol annoyed.jpg
157 KB, 1024x768
>It's an Egoraptor episode
>>
>>25809676
Because 90% of Pokémon parodies are made by turbo-casual redditors.
>>
>>25809986
>Cyrus's notes: Pokeballs heavily restrict a Pokemon's power.
Generic term, can be applied to anything
>Drayden: Before balls were common, Pokemon could run away from bad trainers.
The only difference now being that if they try to run away the trainer can use a Poke Ball to recall them. Their Pokemon can still run away in the practical fashion.
>Generic NPC: His Pokemon stopped listening to him at all when he listened to Team Plasma and released it.
Yes, because you're releasing a Pokemon. Why would they listen to you if you release them in any context?
>Shadow Triad: Taunt Hugh over how his sister's Purrloin, now a Liepard, is forced to follow their commands because of the ball.
Explain how some Pokemon won't obey you in the games, then.
>Xerosic's suit specs: A hacking cable on the neck piece allows the wearer to upload a computer virus to Poke Balls and override their systems. This provides access to control the Pokemon.
Okay? This is synonymous with mind control, it doesn't prove anything and could be applied to the episode where Drowzee takes over the Pokemon's minds.

>>Now go ahead and tell me how thieves like Team Rocket would even function if balls were just glorified doghouses.

Because whichever Trainer has their Pokeball has control over them, they don't have a choice.

The technology in the Pokeball makes the Pokemon automatically obey their Trainer. Trades work by swapping the data of the Trainer between two Pokeballs.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.