[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 25-Darmanitan line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_mtalyiAVIO1suouhso1_500.jpg (71 KB, 500x541) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtalyiAVIO1suouhso1_500.jpg
71 KB, 500x541
Yesterday was the Krookodile line, today will be about the fire apes Darumaka and Darmanitan.
My thoughts: Another Gen 5 favorite, and arguably this Gen's Bro-mon. I admit though, I only used Darmanitan once before replacing it for another fire type. Not to say it was bad, but in that Gen I preferred to use another more special oriented fire type. Design wise, the line looks fine. Of course, Darumaka is cute, and Darmanitan with dat rape face about to wreck shit. Also, Darumaka has a pretty funny dex entry, being something about its shit being so warm that people stuff it down their clothes to feel better during cold season....heh.
Concept wise they're pretty creative. They're based off daruma dolls, combined with the physical appearance of an orangutan(Darmanitan=Daruma+Orangutan). They might also incorporate the concept of Zen or yoga, as shown in Darmanitan's Zen mode.
Overall, a pretty cool Pokemon. With its fun design, great usability, and interesting concept, it's no surprise these Pokémon are one of the better memorable ones from Gen 5.

Also, GREAT FLAMING EYEBROWS!!! (The funny thing is that I just noticed this reference)
>>
>>25803020
The face is stupid but otherwise I like it. It was bro-tier in my White playthrough.
>>
>>25803020
He was a bro during my first W2 playthrough though I thought he should've been fire/fighting

Regardless of that though I had fun with him, would use again
>>
>>25803020
Cool design. Zen Mode feels like kind of a waste, but he's one hell of a heavy hitter.

Great shiny palette too. I'm hunting for one in Omega Ruby
>>
Remove darmanitan's normal design and leave zen mode alone and we're good.
>>
File: Mega Darmanitan.png (1 MB, 2300x2036) Image search: [Google]
Mega Darmanitan.png
1 MB, 2300x2036
>>25803020
>give a pokemon a unique ability around its forme change
>then give it a better secondary ability
for what purpose?
it'd be like giving cherrim a good secondary ability to ignore its sunny forme

still darmanitan is great due to being minmaxed as hell, and I love his design, even though he made for a 3rd fire monkey line
>>
Best thing in gen 5.

I've historically been ocd enough that I'd look up final forms in pokemon games and end up removing some of the magic of exploration and discovery. But since BW was totally new I ended up screwing around and experimenting a lot more.

I got a darumaka and thought it looked completely ridiculous and dorky. But I ended up trying it out anyway and was shocked how it was wrecking everything. Giving it hustle and thrash was a great design choice because it gave it some drawbacks but still jacks up the power so much it's shocking the first time you use one. And the thrash animation/sound just fit so perfectly with the mental image of a little crazy thing spazzing out and jumping at your face to tear it off.
>>
I wish Zen mode was viable. Really neat idea.
>>
RAPE
APE
>>
>>25803387
>ape
>>
>>25803367
It would be better if it started in Zen mode. Then transformed into classic Darmanitan at half health.
>>
>>25803325
that is a GOAT mega design
>>
File: Rape Ape.jpg (53 KB, 546x600) Image search: [Google]
Rape Ape.jpg
53 KB, 546x600
>>25803394

Yes.
>>
Nothing against it, but not one of my favorites.
>>
>>25803020
Darmanitan is literally fucking rape machine, one-shots everything with Flare Blitz even with not very effective damage. I wonder what holds it back from being OU.
>>
>>25803020
he might just be my favorite pokemon
>>
Picked up a darumaka on my white playthrough and it's pretty great, though I can't wait until it evolves. Getting rid of the inaccuracy that hustle causes will be big.
>>
>>25803020
It stinks. I can't stand it.
>>
>>25803020
Darmanitan is a beast.
>>
He is strong
>>
One of my favorites. Great for the most part. Zen Mode is an interesting concept but shit in practice.
>>
>>25803020
One of the best members in my team for Gen 5. A juggernaut when it comes to physical moves, including Flare Blitz.

Wish I used its Zen mode though, I don't remember using it even once.
>>
>>25803560
Does he kill himself if he kos a blissey?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.