[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst fighter in Pokken.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (483 KB, 690x350) Image search: [Google]
image.png
483 KB, 690x350
Worst fighter in Pokken.
>>
>>25802540
thats not gardevoir,who seems to give me and only me,trouble
>>
Every time I remember there's two (2) FE Hoenn starters in Pokken with a roster that small I die a little inside.
>>
>>25802540
Just because you suck at playing Sceptile doesn't mean it's a bad character.
>>
>>25802569
This. I don't like Gardevoir's play styles at all.
>>
Thats no gardevor or sucunei
>>
>>25802569
If it gives you trouble, wouldn't it be the opposite of worst?
>>
>>25802540
But that's not Pikachu and it's clone.
>>
>>25802734
>>25802752
>>25802569
Gardevoir is a defense/trap Pokemon. You have to sit back and wait for the other Pokemon to come after you.

Suicune is just fucking cheap, it's blizzard is OP as fuck if it hits.
>>
>>25802966
>t's blizzard is OP as fuck if it hits.

Only at low levels of play. It needs to be that strong, otherwise it wouldn't even be worth using against experienced players.. its got a ton of startup and would otherwise leave Suicune invulnerable. Good players will rarely get hit by it.

It's like the same thing with Machamp's grabs. If Machamp didnt have such powerful grabs, itd be effectively invalidated as a character-- you need some sort of reward for the other struggles that the character goes through, because the better you and your opponent get, the more you realize how much of the neutral revolves around simply trying to get in.
>>
>>25802996
I'm talking about playing against CPU sorry. You could spam Blizzard as Suicune even against Hard CPU or Hyper Beam with Mewtwo and you win everytime.
>>
File: 1458599534526.jpg (24 KB, 400x271) Image search: [Google]
1458599534526.jpg
24 KB, 400x271
>>25802966
>Gardevoir is a defense/trap
>Gardevoir is a trap
>>
>>25803014
>you can just spam on the computer
>makes it OP

Do you even fighting game?
>>
File: follow pepe.jpg (165 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
follow pepe.jpg
165 KB, 803x688
>>25802996
>he says this after Suicune took first place in Final Round 19 and Nintendo UK Pokken Invitational just a moment ago
you have 0 idea what you're talking about

>If Machamp didnt have such powerful grabs, itd be effectively invalidated as a character
refer to pic related
>>
>>25803228
I'm sure he doesn't, very few people have the obsessive, borderline autistic dedication necessary to play fighting games at high levels. Especially people playing Pokken, I think they're just looking to have fun.
>>
>>25803391
>follow pepe.jpg
>is not even pepe
>>
>>25803391

It's because people are still learning how to play.

Back when Marvel 3 came out, Chun-Li was the go-to assist character, everyone thought Phoenix was shit,Wolverine was ass and outclassed by X-23 in everyway, and nobody used Morrigan. Morrigan received no buffs or nerfs from Vanilla to Ultimate, and now, Morrigan is top tier.

Suicune is a pubstomper and people are getitng slapped up by it because people dont know how to approach.
>>
>>25803391
I see this is babie's first fighting game.

This shit is standard practice for fighters, nerd.
>>
BLAZIKEN IS TRASH

Problems:
>Possibly the worst counter attack in the game. Only hits high in front (very short range, can be ducked under by some characters, and doesn't hit above or behind), and does the 2nd worst damage uncharged (behind Braixen) and tied for worst damage charged. Also causes the opponent to "roll back" unless fully charged against a wall, preventing any and all follow-ups.
>Tied (with many others) for lowest grab damage in both duel and field
>Seriously slow frame data on every move except enhanced Blaze Kick, enhanced Sky Uppercut, and low weak means he cannot deal with close-range pressure
>Using enhanced moves after a 3 hit combo will result in them doing more damage to you than the opponent
>No invulnerability on burst attack
>Lack of reliable anti-air. High weak, high strong, and Sky Uppercut all have too much startup and leave you super vulnerable on block/whiff, and enhanced Sky Uppercut clanks with most strong aerials
>Zero armored moves
>Two moves that pierce counter attacks, but one of them is aerial and costs 40 HP (or 80 HP on whiff) and one of them can only be used after Blaze Kick and only if you charge it (making it fairly useless for breaking counters)

Strengths:
>He is a monster at 1 HP because you can spam all your enhanced moves without dying
>???
>>
>>25803729
>blaziken
>trash
>>
>>25803581
>Chandelure is a pubstomper and people are getitng slapped up by it because people dont know how to approach.
FTFY
>>
>>25803729

BUT DOEZ KICKS!!!!
>>
>>25803729
I actually agree that Blaziken is overrated as fuck and probably the worst char in the game atm (besides Sceptile), but the recoil problem can at least be partially solved if people just stopped spamming enhanced moves without thinking
>>
Fuck Lucario's framedata. His shit comes out fucking instantly and with enormous reach. Not cool. I sincerely hope he gets tones down a bit. Sometimes it feels like I have less than a split second between going from field to duel before he's in my face again. He can do that counter attack uppercut from wakeup pretty much instantly too.

It's dumb.
>>
>>25803729
>Only one strength

Youre full of shit. It's overrated, yes, and it' definitely a noob cannon, but if you think it literally has nothing else going for it, youre shit at the game.

It's got a great, long chaining combo game, one of the best CADC's in the game, multiple ways to approach, very long melee range, huge damage output for even un-enhanced moves, able to parry weak attacks with both stances, and a burst attack thats useful even outside of landing it.
>>
>>25804251
Lucario main here.

I can definitely see why it pisses you off. His frame data's fucking fantastic, has some of the fastest attacks in the game, but he does have flaws. Lucario has trouble with quick defensive play.. He's got a lot of shield pressure but that pressure tends to have holes. Also, especially in Duel phase, you can zone him with the right character.

Who do you main? Maybe I can give a couple tips.
>>
>try Mewtwo
>all his attacks drain his power meter

Fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1365134039755.jpg (7 KB, 125x131) Image search: [Google]
1365134039755.jpg
7 KB, 125x131
>I'm gonna main muh bro grass lizard when pokken comes out!! hoenn 4 lyfe :)
>what? It takes actual SKILL to use him and it doesn't fit my playstyle? WAAAH WHY DID THEY MAKE MUH BRO SHIT
>>
>>25802540
>>25802686
Sceptile's my main and I'm high B rank and rising online with 87% win rate, you just suck at fighting/playing characters that combine pressure and timing
>>
>>25804419
That's the tradeoff for having so many mixup options and being potent in any situation.
>>
>>25804383
>Who do you main?
Garchomp. I don't feel like it's a bad or disadvantaged matchup, but I just always underestimate how fast that fucker is, especially given the size of some of those hitboxes.
>>
>>25804528
This. Early estimates place Mewtwo as arguably the best in the game.. he effectively needs no Burst.

>>25804644
Yeah, I gotchya. Garchomp's pretty fast for how strong he is, but he has a lot of cooldown, which is pretty exploitable for Lucario. Like I said, I can see why that pisses you off.

Good main choice though, Chomps a fucking blast to play.
>>
>>25804462
The problem is for every one B rank Sceptile you have 5 B rank Braixens and 10 B rank Mewtwos. Any character can be good in right player's hands, but that doesn't make them top tier overall.
>>
>>25804419
Oh that explains it. I was wondering why his meter never fills up. His attacks are the most brutal looking though.
>>
>>25804868
You're right in that the data isn't 100% indicative of the character being good, but it also doesnt mean it isn't. There's a ton of factors to consider that we really dont know at the moment.

The games still way too new to really tell whats good and what isnt. Balance appears to be pretty damn good, though. Going purely off of traditional fighting game wisdom, fast, trap characters like Sceptile tend to have very high skill caps, and more often than not end up being higher tier with very few notable players due to the difficulty with attaining consistency.
>>
>>25804746
>Garchomp's pretty fast for how strong he is, but he has a lot of cooldown, which is pretty exploitable for Lucario.
Yeah and I play him super aggressive and high pressure. So a calm Lucario who guards appropriately can really make my life hard. I'll have to learn a new approach.
>Chomps a fucking blast to play.
He absolutely is. I went through Gengar and Mewtwo before settling on him. Though I'm still gonna practice and eventually play much more of those two because they're more complex and nuanced. Gotta love how Garchomp basically just ignores your shit and forces you to deal with him in a close range encounter.
>>
>>25804884
Yeah EVERY SINGLE ATTACK drains his gauge.
>>
File: colgate.jpg (224 KB, 548x575) Image search: [Google]
colgate.jpg
224 KB, 548x575
>>25804936
His Burst attack is fucking busted though. Anything at ~55% HP mark or lower just dies
>mfw Mewtwo rushes through the entire galaxy just to beat your shit in
I don't get how people flip their shit over SM2's burst attack but not this.
>>
>>25805009
Yeah, same. It's my favorite looking burst.

I love how simple it is.. its not a combo of attacks, not some huge, elaborate set of moves.. its just one, intensively devastating punch.
>>
>>25802540
Of course it's the worst. It's not from gen 4! The best gen!
>>
>>25804868
In the end it doesn't matter what tier or how good a character necessarily is by statistics, in the hands of the right person with their playstyle any not intentionally crippled character can be amazing. In the smash 4 tiering Ganondorf is considered the worst character in the game, but all over you can find people who main Ganon stomping competitive smash players. As long as they aren't intentionally handicapped or hindered a characters skill is up to the people who use it, a Garchomp main won't think much of Suicune, because thats just not how they play and they don't find ability in it. Even taking into account "reliability" and versatility people can adapt to play even better than higher "tier" characters if their playstyle fits.
>>
>>25808811
This. If you ask me speedy trap characters like Sceptile or Chandelure aren't seen much because they can be difficult to get down, so I wouldn't discredit the characters skill based on tier presence. But characters like that often have high skill caps and aren't seen as being good because they take someone really dedicated or fitting to that playstyle to get all out of that character, and maybe to get all that's needed to play on teir with easier characters. You see a shit ton of Mewtwo's because he's a pretty straightforward and strong character, but you see jack shit for Chandelures, Sceptiles, and so on because while they can be just as good or better from player to player it's harder to train your skills up to that point or innately feel comfortable with them.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.