[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wtf am I supposed to use early game in Hoenn? The early pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: wew.jpg (95 KB, 567x319) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
95 KB, 567x319
wtf am I supposed to use early game in Hoenn? The early pokemon distribution sucks ass

also why did they block granite cave off until you can get a mach bike? I want to get Aron before I have to go up to Mallville
>>
You're expected to Wonder Trade a decent team before you get to your first badge.
>>
>Taillow
>Shroomish
>Lombre
>Nuzleaf
>Vigoroth
>Kadabra

What they did to Granite Cave was stupid though. They should have just removed the mach bike ramp and made the rest of the cave optional yet accessible.
>>
tailow, shroomish, makuhita, zubat
>>
>>25802380
>Vigoroth
As if people are going to waste their in Petalburg Woods to find a Slakoth with that 5% encounter rate and truant.
>Lombre
Am I the only one who hates Lombre? I think it's move pool is come plate garbage and it doesn't feel powerful even as a Ludicolo. Not to mention how you get a Water Stone pretty late in-game.
>>
Ralts? It's a pain to raise at first but it shouldn't be too hard once it learns confusion.
>>
>>25802487
oh yeah forgot about Ralts, great pokemon
>>
>>25802345
I did this. It was fun.
>>
>>25802340

You can find Aron in the room Steven is in.

It only has a 10% encounter rate though.
>>
>>25802487

Sadly it can be really hard to come by if you have bad luck.
>>
I had so much trouble with Roxanne since all I had was happiny audino fennekin and a bug
>>
>>25802471
Dude, Lombre was my bro. Couldn't have made it through my Nuzlocke without that little bastard.
>>
I like Poochy and Tatallow a lot, so I was fine. Related to ORAS, I stumbled upon Namless Cavern, but when I interact with the portal, nothing happens and I haven't caught any of the 3, thoughts?
>>
Wingull sweeps first two gyms. Evolve to Pelipper. Learns Surf and fly.
>>
>>25803077
Portals require 3 of the monsters with you to be fully ev trained.
>>
>>25803128
Every single one of them is.
>>
>>25803077
>>25803134
Max friendship?
>>
>>25803156
That's the footprint ribbon, right? I have 4 out of 6.
>>
>>25803250
According to Bulbapedia, they changed how the footprint ribbon works in XY. Now it's awarded to pokemon that have grown at least 30 levels since they were caught, instead of pokemon with high friendship.
>>
>>25803289
Well, I have 5 out of 6 with the footprint(not 4), and all of them have the Effort Ribbon.
>>
>Ralts
>Taillow
>Makuhita
>Ninjask
>Slakoth
>Loudred

I think you can ever get huge power Marril early in the game? Tons of options.
>>
File: happinesschecker.jpg (27 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
happinesschecker.jpg
27 KB, 400x240
>>25803302
Take your pokemon to the happiness checker in Verdenturf town.
This is what you want to hear:
"It’s extremely friendly toward you. It couldn’t possibly love you more. It’s a pleasure to see!"
>>
>>25803333
Every single one of them loves me. Nice quads, though.
>>
>>25803360
I'm out of ideas then. That's pretty weird.
>>
>>25803384
I've read people that caught one of them and the others not spawning because of the hour, and that also any time-based event is disabled for up to 3 days if you change the hour in the 3DS, but I haven't done any of that; there's been a while since I played AS.
>>
>>25803315
Can you get Marril that early? Because I'd be down to use that instead of clefable for my fairy type. I'm also thinking of grabbing a Whismur since he was always a good bro in RSE
>>
>>25802948
DexNav after Wally got his one
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.