[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If patterns exist and we're getting FRLG remakes after Sun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 1448891418246.png (4 MB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
1448891418246.png
4 MB, 2400x2400
If patterns exist and we're getting FRLG remakes after Sun and Moon. What would you like to see featured/added/changed? This is pure hypothetical and I have no insight.

Or am I the only one wanting FRLG remakes?
>>
S&M is gonna try and be the magnum opus of the first era of the franchise. It's gonna be the definitive chapter, and bring the first series of games to an end.

Starting with Gen 8, we'll get our new Red and Blue for the new era. Masuda literally confirmed this several times.
>>
>>25801005
I would hate this BUT if it does happen i want them to flesh the birds somewhat, the legendary beasts have a good amount of lore, so do mew and mewtwo.

But the birds get nothing, also mega birds i guess.
>>
>>25801011
Plz give links son, I'm behind on all this
>>
>>25801005
>if patterns exist
>this thing that has never happened before will happen
They've never remade a remake, dingus.

Plus they already did gen 1 VC so they're not doing more gen 1. The pattern will probably now be
>new gen game (Sun/Moon)
>remake of 2-3 gens ago (Diamond/Pearl)
>VC release (Gold/Silver)
>>
>>25801060
>Plus they already did gen 1 VC so they're not doing more gen 1
That's stupid. Remakes sell 10million guaranteed. The VC trash only sold a percent of that.
>>
>>25801005
>If patterns exist
they dont
>>
>>25801064
But a new game sells even more, so why do a remake?
>>
>>25801005
patterns don't exist.
>>
>>25801064

The VC release sold more than 35mil copies. Dumb nigger.
>>
>>25801005
There is no existing pattern that hints at remakes of remakes. The virtual console releases for the gen 1 games support there not being further remakes, since gen 1 pokemon will be transferable to gen 7.
>>
>>25801064
No, you're stupid. What do you think is better for them; spending time on remakes to sell for lots of money, or spending literally no time on vc release of original games for lots of money AND spending lots of time on a brand new game that will make even more money than a remake?
>>
>>25801091
loooooooooooooooooooooool
source your ass?
>>
>>25801005
There is a pattern but it's not that...there is always a remake of a game a decade or so later. 1996-Red and Green, 2004-FRLG, 1999-GSC, 2009-HGSS, 2003-RSE, 2014-ORAS. So in 2017-2019 we are getting a Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remake. Don't know where you get that idea that they are remaking a remake...
>>
>>25801083
No they don't. They need to space out, remakes take less people. That's why remakes exist in the first place. There's little overlap between the teams.

>>25801101
I think spending money on remakes that sell 10m~ guaranteed for 40 a pop excluding hardware combos they profit on than selling the VC game at 10 bucks a piece a 100k times
>>
File: 12380497.jpg (139 KB, 598x597) Image search: [Google]
12380497.jpg
139 KB, 598x597
>>25801130
>He thinks he has any idea how business works
>He thinks he has any idea how internal economics works
>He thinks he has any idea how projected growth sales works
>He thinks he has any idea how Game Freak works

I hate this meme just as much as the
>He thinks he has any idea how Pokemon should be designed
and
>He thinks he has any idea what patterns Game Freak follows

Slip and fall on a knife.
>>
>>25801130
>I think spending money on remakes that sell 10m~ guaranteed for 40 a pop excluding hardware combos they profit on than selling the VC game at 10 bucks a piece a 100k times
You were too stupid to get the point to I'll spell it out for you. They spent NO TIME making the vc versions of rby. Remakes WOULD TAKE TIME. They are already making a NEW GAME which is TAKING TIME. So the money they get from the new games plus the vc releases will be better for them OVER TIME
>>
>>25801144

This
>>
>>25801011
How has this only been replied to once.

sauce
>>
>>25801154
Pure bulshit, not even worth mentioning
>>
>>25801138
Prove anything I've said wrong or don't bother replying to me ever again.

>>25801144
>they spent no time on making
They spent plenty of time on making the VC releases. There's no reason people that played the VC games wouldn't want to play a remake of their games. As I said, the new game is made by a different team. There's little to no overlap in the teams and the overlap that exists doesn't take that long. Since different features get done more rapidly. So people are stuck with "no-work" waiting for the others to finish up.
>>
>>25801005
XY, Origins and the VC releases were our FRLG remakes. It's Sinnoh next.
>>
>>25801193
>Prove anything I've said wrong
You said new games don't sell more than remakes, which is objectively wrong, look up the figures.
>>
>>25801596
Quote me
>>
>>25801091
So? They were sold at like a fifth of the cost of a standard game.
>>
>>25801005
You're the only one.

Hopefully.
>>
>>25801005
>FRLG
>they just put Blue and Red VC
>makes sense

They are making Diamond and Pearl remake, deal with it
>>
>>25801822
Makes sense.
>>
>>25801101
what about spending no time and money on the vc release and spending lots of time and money on the remake a few years later?

We're all stupid enough to at least buy the remake and everyone who gets suckered into the vc release makes them a quick buck. Plus this way they don't have to spend any money, time or effort on coming up with truly new concepts and designs.
>>
>>25801725
I just did, wtf are you talking about?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.