[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gen 1 3DS Releases
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: uzzkzyzwf3evvbs8gguc.jpg (57 KB, 798x266) Image search: [Google]
uzzkzyzwf3evvbs8gguc.jpg
57 KB, 798x266
So yeah I know I'm late to the party with the whole Gen 1 20th Anniversary re-release, but I'm looking at buying one of them now and just wondered what the general preference was between them - atm I'm leaning towards Red. I've never played the OG Gen 1 games (only FR/LG) and also what's the story with trading with the 3DS versions now? Is there a trade system that's similar to the X/Y series or is it just Local/Friend trading like Diamond/Pearl.
Cheers, pls no bully.
>>
Look at version exclusives and pick the version you want based on which one has more Pokemon you like.
Trading is done locally
>>
>>25799608
Emulate FR/LG
>>
>>25800009
This.

I personally prefer Blue. although I haven't finished it since it's just not as fun as the other gens
>>
If youve never played the o.g. rby then go with yellow, you can get all 3 starters and as far as i know theres a different color for every town such as lavender town being purple, if you go with blue all your towns are going to be blue, check into that, unless you want the raw joyful initial experience we had with limited color and only 1 starter and poop sprites go with r/b in other words if you complain about games and gen superiority and overdetailed pokemon go with yellow, if you love all gens and all pokemon and enjoy pokemon you'll have a great time with r and b, chek serebii for exclusive mons
>>
>>25800549
Red and Blue are just black and white.

Honestly the biggest reason to go R/B over Y is the cinnibar island glitch, but you can dupe items and get any pokemon in yellow too.
>>
>>25799608
Blue if you're a min-maxing smogon fag.
Red if you prefer it.
Yellow if you liked the anime better than the game.
>>
>>25800592
>>25799608
Listen to him, he's your husband.
>>
File: 1367629499310.png (22 KB, 273x163) Image search: [Google]
1367629499310.png
22 KB, 273x163
>>25800598
>>
>>25800567
Only yellow has some colors
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>25800567
>>25800664
Red and Blue did appear in color with the Super Gameboy.
>>
>>25800687
I think that was yellow, which did have some more colors. Red and blue barely had any.
>>
>>25801021
RB had some forced colors if you played it on a GBC like I did. I have more nostalgia for that color scheme than the VC's black and white setup.
>>
>>25799608
It doesn't matter at all whether you get red or blue. Every glitch works so you can get all pokemon without trading.
>>
>>25800687
Yeah but the vc isnt a super gameboy you moron
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.