[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is ORAS at least better than XY?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Is ORAS at least better than XY?
>>
Fuck no.
>>
>>25795944
The entire franchise has been shit since gen 4.
Complete and utter fucking shit.
>Shit
>>
>>25795979
I second this, but after gen 3 in my opinion. It seems like after gen 3 all the pokémon are so forgettable.
>>
>>25795979
literally my senpai

I enjoyed XY enough. It got me beck into things, but I'm still a genwunner basically. I've been meaning to try HGSS
>>
No.

XY had the advantage of having an original region with a different story and characters and it introduced a bunch of new features.

ORAS didn't have to do that yet the post game is about as shit as XY and it doesn't even have all the features XY does.
>>
>>25796162
Personally, I prefer ORAS to XY, but maybe that's just nostalgia.
>>
>>25795944
Nope.
>>
>>25796162
>ORAS didn't have to do that yet the post game is about as shit as XY and it doesn't even have all the features XY does.
It has the PSS, Super Training and Amie, as well as having the DexNav and secret bases. What else does XY have aside from trainer customisation?
>>
>>25796208
As a hoennfag i was dissappointed with ORAS.
>no battlefrontier
>forced latios
>flute only works with latios
>cant refight gyms
>shit safari zone
it ruined my fav pokemon game, emerald. emerald is better than oras. game freak has no excuse.
>>
>>25796353
>what is it missing other than what it's missing
>>
I bought a 3ds recently. Played through Black 1. Now I move on to either ORAS or XY. I'm leaning towards XY cause I'm a genwunner and I hear they treat us well, while RSE are easily the second worst in the series (just ahead of Black 1, what a peice of shit) so I have no interest in their remakes.
>>
>>25796362
>No Battle Frontier
There wasn't a Battle Frontier in Ruby and Sapphire either so this excuse is lazy but it also shows how lazy Game Freak are since they added some things from Crystal into HGSS like the Suicune events but didn't add anything from Emerald other than the Delta Episode which was like an hour long.
>>
>>25795944

No. X and Y(as unfair as it is) benefits from new gen syndrome, and just the fact that everything was new and there were new places and mons to discover. That kinda made up for its lack of post game. ORAS on the other hand had a dissapointing post game and failed to capitalize on the strengths of and X and Y, like character customization and even the fact of them leaving some stuff out for the final game for us to discover, which ORAS failed to do. Don't think I even have to get into the battle frontier issue because that ones already obvious
>>
>>25796368
I'd gladly take multiple useful features over a single feature that only affects aesthetics.
>>
>>25796376
But Olivia, gen 5 was gen 1 pandering done right. Gen 6 does it wrong

Either way though I'd say go for XY since at least it'll be fresh, ORAS is too similar to RS that it kinda gets bland
>>
>play OR
>get to 3rd gym
>want to restart

How do I stop this feeling?
Also, why is the early Pokemon distribution such shit in Hoenn?
>>
Gay pokemon shit. GTFO niggers
>>
rules my ass
>>
They're both fine but you've to play through vanilla emerald once.

Honestly people pretend it's a shitty game. But I'm having fun collecting shit.
For challenge I play romhacks, including gen 6 romhacks.
>>
It's a good game don't let the gen 6 sucks memers fool you.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.