[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT /vp/ tries to 'balance' the meta by buffing/nerfing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: 1441220470410.png (247 KB, 539x500) Image search: [Google]
1441220470410.png
247 KB, 539x500
ITT /vp/ tries to 'balance' the meta by buffing/nerfing moves/abilities/mons etc.

And no you can't remove anything.
>>
Easy
Ice no resists flying and dragon
Poison is SE on water
Fairy is NE on grass and psychic
Fairy is neutral on fire
Bug is neutral on fairy
Psychic is ES on Fairy
Electric is SE on steel
>>
Inner Focus: aside from not flinching, the user has a 50/50 chance of avoiding a status condition.

Healer: increase the chance of healing a partner to 70%, the ability could also heal the user.
>>
Parental Bond only does 25% damage and there's no second power punch boost
Gale Wings takes the same priority as all the quick attack moves
Landorus gets Pressure
Rotom Wash gets volt absorb (Give all the Rotom's abilities that make sense)
>>
>>25793273
>Gale Wings takes the same priority as all the quick attack moves
Wow you literally changing nothing
>>
>>25793254
>all of those fairy nerfs
dragon babbys on suicide watch

>>25793265
both are broken
>>
>>25793254
>nerfing fairy this much
Dragonfags still salty I see.
>>
>>25793921
I also nerfed dragon to
>>
Bug NEEDS to be SE against fairy. And resist fairy.
>>
>And no you can't remove anything.
Fuck you, Gamefreak did it. Remove Talonflame's HA, just like they did to Chandelure.
>>
>>25793988
>Uturn without the fairy resist
No thanks. GF knew what they were doing with Fairy's resists.
>>
>>25794126
well one they didn't remove the HA they changed it, and two Chandalure's HA was never released while Talonflame's is.
>>
File: maximum overfuck.gif (210 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
maximum overfuck.gif
210 KB, 500x500
>>25794706
Literally do not give a fuck. That one, ONE fucking Pokemon out of over 700 invalidated an ENTIRE GODDAMN TYPE from the metagame ONE GENERATION after they were made half-decent for once in the series. FUCK. FUCKING. TALONFLAME.
>>
>>25794745
Except for the fact that Pinsir, Beedrill, Heracross, Scizor, Scolipede and the Fire/Bug thing whose name escapes me all still have merit in OU

>inb4 "those pokemon are only good because of the combination of all their good traits!"
>>
>>25794795
>Fire/Bug thing whose name escapes me

Volcarona you pleb.
>>
>/vp/ balancing anything
Great April Fool's prank.
>>
File: 1248327143925.png (27 KB, 690x656) Image search: [Google]
1248327143925.png
27 KB, 690x656
>>25794745
>Talonflame fucks over bugs
>Talonflame's counters also fuck over bugs
>>
>>25793059
stance change now acts like a mix of slow start, defeatist and truant
>>
>>25793059
>Grass resists Fairy
>Fire no longer resists Fairy
>Ice resists Ground and Flying
Now Flying, Ground, Fire and Fairy are nerfed, and Grass and Ice are buffed. Nothing else really needs to change.
>>
>>25794795
>Pinsir
BL because Talonflame
>Heracross
BL because Talonflame and Fairies
>Scolipede
BL because Talonflame, even BEFORE the Baton Pass clause bullshit.
>Volcarona
BL because Talonflame, was actually OU last gen despite SR
>Scizor
The ONE bug in OU. Hey look, it isn't weak to Brave Bird!
>>
>>25793059
>Mega Kangaskhan takes double damage from attacks that hit multiple targets
>>
>>25793254
>Poison is SE on water
Nice
>>
>>25794865
>talonflame's counters also fuck over bugs
Explain
>>
>Fairy and Dragon are SE against each other, like Grass and Bug in Gen 1.
>Ice now resists Ground, Water, and Grass.
> Rock-types now absorb Stealth Rock.

Desolate Land causes Leech Seed to fail, Primodial Sea washed away Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and Delta Stream blows away Stealth Rock.
>>
>>25797085
>4x weak to rock
>bugs are also weak to rock
>since everything runs stealth rocks and over rock moves to try and stop talonflame bug types also get fucked
>>
>>25797110
>Fairy and Dragon are SE against each other, like Grass and Bug in Gen 1.
You mean Poison and Bug.
>>
>>25797147

That's what I meant.
>>
>>25793273
>making Rotom W better
>balancing
pick one
>>
>>25793273
Levitate is way better for rotom anyways, EQ is fucking everywhere
>>
>>25795951
>>Scizor
>The ONE bug in OU. Hey look, it isn't weak to Brave Bird!

And still gets one shot by flare blitz. And his priority is NVE
>>
>>25794960
>Fire and Fairy are nerfed
How is Fairy nerfed? There are already plenty of grass/poison pokemon that already resist fairy and there are plenty of fire pokemon that need that resistance.
>>
File: prinni_2_icon1.jpg (31 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
prinni_2_icon1.jpg
31 KB, 500x321
>>25793059
>Fairy is now weak against Dark , but still hits se to dark
>Scald now has a 10 % chance of burning
>All elemental fangs are buffed to 80 BP
>Electric hits se to Steel
>Ice resist dragon and flying
>>
>>25793059
remove mega kangaskhan
>>
>>25797133
>people only run rocks because of talonflame
>nothing else
>talon is the reason rocks exist
>the rock type in general only exists because of talonflame
>without talonflame rocktype would never be used, not even in PU
>talonflame is actually the devil in disguise
>>
>all of these shit taste people who wants Fairy nerfed
Get out.
>>
Grass is takes neutral damage form flying
Ice resists ground and flying
Bug is supereffective against bug
Rock resists Dark
Fire loses fairy resistance
Grass gains fairy immunity
>>
File: 1459515356724.jpg (71 KB, 540x553) Image search: [Google]
1459515356724.jpg
71 KB, 540x553
>>25793059
Bug SE against Fairy
Ice type resists Dragon
Fairy is NVE against Bug

>>25793254
or just this.

>>25793931
>>25793921
>muh fairies
>>
>>25797492
This. My wife's child would hate to see Xir favorite type nerfed

Dragon fanatics have no place in the PokeOtaku community
>>
>>25793254
9/10, too harsh on fairies but great post!

>>25795951
>>25797278
I agree with you, FB isn't common on
Talonflame, hence the scizor.

Scald has 20% to burn.
Hurricane has 20% to confuse.
Knock off is weaker.
>>
File: 1458565138027.jpg (15 KB, 320x310) Image search: [Google]
1458565138027.jpg
15 KB, 320x310
>>25797577
>>
>>25797110
Kek I know a bill Rasmussen
>>
>>25797298
t. Blaziken
>>
>>25793059
>parental bond's second hit is 25% damage, no secondary effects can be applied
>bug deals normal damage to fairy and fighting
>>
>>25793059
>Parental bond only deals 25% instead of 50%
>secondary effects do not stack with second move
>>
>>25793273
>>25799884
>>25800517
>Hive mind
just goes to show how much Kahn is broken when it comes to that
>>
>Geomancy is no longer boosted by power herb
>>
>Ice is now immune to water
>sun now powers up grass moves when used against water types
>scald bp dropped to 35
>>
>Desolate Land and Primorial Sea no longer reactivate if skill swapped
>Mega Absol gets tough claws
>Umbreon can learn Reflect and Light screen
>Fighting is neutral against Ice
>Type gems brought back along with their 50% damage boost, instead of the nerfed 33%
>Mega Weavile with Glaciate or Evilate(Dark type Pixilate)
>Release the Regi's with their hidden abilities
>>
>ice resists dirt and water and isn't weak to rocks
>water is weak to poison
>psychic resists fairies
>bugs resist dark
>trees aren't weak to cold
>birds no longer resist punching
>rocks resist zapping

Make ice types not complete ass defensively, while reducing their crazy offense and giving grass a buff. Also makes earthquake less of a "I can just spam this and it hits everything except these 2 really shit types and floating things"
Water needs another weakness, it's a god tier type in UU.
Psychic is just underwhelming entirely, poor offensively, poor defensively and needed a buff in some way and fairy is a really strong type right now.
Slight defensive buff to rock (i don't think many rocks are very good conductors of electricity anyway) not that it matters since they are all rock/ground anyway, also reduced birds by making rock stronger.
Another nerf to birds (i don't think many birds in real life that resist being punched other than cassowaries).
Bug needed a buff and it gives another resist to knock off.

>-ate moves only give 1.1x
>parental bond second hit reduced to 1/3 damage and doesn't have any secondary effects
>speed boost is now like huge power and just gives a flat 1.5x increase in speed all the time, not +1 speed every turn
>aura break now causes all fairy moves to fail if something with fairy aura is on the field and the same for dark moves with dark aura
>gale wings changed to a quick claw like effect, where you move first in your priority bracket, not +1 priority
>iron fist increased to 1.5x power
>tough claws power reduced to 1.2x
>>
>>25801362
Nerf things like pixilate and aerilate so you don't end up with a 100% accuracy almost 200 power after STAB moves with huge amount of pp. Same deal with mega mum.
Make it so the pokemon itself goes fast, not whatever it baton passes to goes fast. Nerfs BP chains, but makes it so you can outspeed certain chickens with some scarf mons and revenge kill.
The aura break change actually allows this thing that has something that looks like it's intended to counter those other 2 things actually counter them, yveltal not so much but xerneas still destroys it. Make Xerneas choose between hp ice and hp fire it gets aurora beam so it can use that I guess but that's fine because aurora beam is my favorite move and it forces xerneas to use basically 2 hidden powers which lets something else check it
Gale wings should be obvious.
The iron fist change is so it isn't a smaller boost than tough claws on less moves, also tough claws in general is basically a weaker huge power but is somehow justified by giving it to things with already very high attack.

>every status but sleep now has a 20% chance to be cured of status every turn (50% with shed skin). Something holding flame/toxic orb will never self cure themselves of that status.
>turn order is decided after mega evolving
>hitting yourself in confusion now uses special attack if you tried to use a special attack when you hit yourself

The turn order thing is something I think a lot of people like, it fucks over sableye and really helps things like banette and anything else with a big speed boost. I don't care if it gets diancie pushed into ubers.
The status wearing off thing is just because I'm salty about losing games to scald burns or paralyses.
The confusion change makes it so it doesn't fuck over physical attackers as much as it does special ones, also nerfs swagger a little bit.
>>
>>25801367
>knock off power reduced to 40 but deals 2x damage when knocking an item off (no longer memes the heck out of something with sticky hold)
>scald power reduced to 65
>thunderwave accuracy reduced to 85
>chatter power reduced to 20
>foul play power reduced to 65
>brave bird and flare blitz recoil increased to 1/3
>stealth rock pp reduced to 5
>sky uppercut hits super effectively on birds
>synchronoise changed to typeless damage

literally everything just nerfs moves that are way too powerful in my opinion to be honest with you family. Chatter is the most broken move in the game right now, this just turns it into a nuzzle clone. Foul play is another nerf to swag play, the flare blitz is more for xzard.
The stealth rock nerf makes it so it's less of a certainty you will get it up if they have a defogger or something.

>life orb deals its damage even if the attack is blocked by protect or volt absorb or type immunity or whatever, rock head blocks life orb recoil, reckless damage boost works with it
>leftovers increased to 1/12 heal, can only be eaten 6 times before it's consumed entirely.
>assault vest now blocks the user from using non attacking moves if it is tricked onto you earlier in the turn
>rocky helm decreased to 1/8 damage
>things like absorb bulb, cell battery, etc now reduce the damage by 1/3 when they proc
>super effective damage reduction berries now reduce by 3/4 if it's 4x effective

life orb makes it so you can't play as recklessly with it, the rock head change helps things like non mega aerodactyl, dinosaur dude, and some shitmons. the reckless change helps mostly shitmons and staraptor who would be nerfed from the other changes.
leftovers change and rocky helm change are there because fuck stall
assault vest change is literally only for klutz lopunny which I like
absorb bulb and friends change is there to maybe make them another viable item.

GF should hire me.
>>
File: 1441480234031.png (88 KB, 201x250) Image search: [Google]
1441480234031.png
88 KB, 201x250
>>25793059
Ideally no legendaries but failing that buttfuck the genies from here to Timbuktu
Mega-Kanga only gets 10 boosted Atk as opposed to 30
Dark Void banned
Give the following pokemon megas: Flygon Marowak, Snorlax, Scoliopede, Nidoking/queen
Bring back the gems
>>
File: mistake.jpg (87 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
mistake.jpg
87 KB, 750x725
>>25801370
Kill yourself.
Literally every one of your ideas has been terrible.
The world would be a better place if you just died, your ideas are horrible shitposts and no one should hire you.

Picture related; its your mother not getting an abortion.
>>
>flower gift now sets up sun
>anticipation now tells you what move the other poke has, and reduces damage from this move 10%
>run away allows you to switch from shadow tag/arena trap
>super luck also increases accuracy one stage
>>
>>25801579
Not that guy, but a few were good. Like the Knock Off thing, but I'd bring it to 50.
>>
>>25801604
Maybe 1/10.
>chatter is the most broken move in the game right now
Fucking stupid.
>>
>>25801619
>100% confuse 100% accuracy sound move that deals damage
>>
>>25801646
>Literally on one Pokemon
>Can't even be Sketched
>>
>>25801567
How the hell do you make a good marowak? If you give it 100 atk. Thick club will do more damage than the mega
>>
>>25801646
Is dynamic punch machamp broken too?
Boy, are you retarded.
Chatot has nothing going for it, the fact that it has chatter, nasty plot, boomburst, and heatwave and its still fucking shit should be enough for you to determine that it doesn't need nerfing, especially when nothing else even gets chatter.
>>
>>25793254
This is really great idea but I think fairy should be normal effective against psychic
>>
>>25800603
>Release the Regi's with their hidden abilities
anon, don't you have pokebank?
>>
Only rock types can set rocks.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.