[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gen 4 - Is it really that slow?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1447790517237.jpg (130 KB, 515x816) Image search: [Google]
1447790517237.jpg
130 KB, 515x816
Let's have a talk about the speed of Gen 4. I've noticed recently it has become more common to say that Gen 4 is slow. By the numbers it's true that the Gen 4 engine is the slowest. But does slowest necessarily equal slow?

Personally, I'm playing Platinum right now and I feel it's the type of thing you'd have to go out of your way to be annoyed by. And it's a disservice to the great job they did with Platinum to outright dismiss it for something that's really pretty minor. But maybe I'm in the minority. I'd love to hear what people think.

Also Dawn.
>>
>>25793017
Platinum fixes the slow problem for the most part.
Try playing Diamind or Pearl, the game most people got their hands on when 4th gen started.
>>
>>25793017
Platinum is much faster, but I never really felt bothered by the slowness in Diamond.
>>
Just hold the space bar, desu.
>>
>>25793070
>Emulating beyond 3rd gen
>>
>>25793075

>2010+6
>Not emulating up to 3DS

git gud
>>
Gen 4 was extremely fun and people really blow how intolerable the pacing was out of proportion, making it seem like it was a complete game-ruiner.

Be honest folks, you guys were so busy wrapped up in having fun with your new Pokemon game that you didn't really notice or pay mind to it. Only until a couple of people pointed it out after the hype died did people really start becoming overly concerned with it, to the point where they say fourth gen was worst because of it. In fact, Gen 4 was one of the better gens. The NDS era was truly the best.

Battles being slower than other gens was certainly a fault, but it's certainly something not worth blowing your top over. Only a minor grievance at best.

Absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>25793234
I agree, i love 4th and 5th gens. I wish the TM thing was in 4th gen, thats the only thing that bothers me.
>>
>>25793017
play any other pokemon game and then go to Diamond/Pearl and you'll see for yourself
>>
>>25793766
I have. I finished Yellow about a week ago and I played Emerald fairly recently. The menu navigation and touch screen introduced in DP and expanded through Gen 4 makes up more than makes up for a battle that's a couple of seconds longer. That stuff's been refined in Gen 5 and 6, and the menu is so good now. A good menu is such a massive time saver that you actively interact with that I'm not sure why people aren't talking more about it when this speed thing comes up.
>>
>>25793828
>makes up more than makes up

Just *more than makes up for
>>
>>25793017

Platinum did improve that aspect a bit. It was more Diamond and Pearl
>>
>>25793017
I mostly played HG in gen 4 but saving took forever. To the point where you thought it through before you bothered to do it.
>>
Yes, even Platinum was slow as shit compared to B/W.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.