[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What pokemon game are you currently playing or starting /vp/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
What pokemon game are you currently playing or starting /vp/? Post progress, teams, screenshots if you want, judge others for their shit taste and pokemon choices.You know the drill.

No screenshot since I just started with Pearl.
-Prinplup(lvl 16)
-Togepi(lvl 10, traded over an egg from platinum, turns out it was a togepi)

Just beat Roark. Probably going to get a Shellos, even though I have a water type.
>>
White 2

Dewott
Pidove
Magnemite

Pidove will probably just be my flyer and not part of the main team. About to take on Roxie
>>
>>25792306
Magnemite is the hero of gym number 2 and 3 in BW2. It's nearly invincible and Sonicboom is the most overpowered early game attack. Doing challenge mode or normal? I know he saved my ass in challenge mode.
>>
File: 1446810721081.jpg (147 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1446810721081.jpg
147 KB, 600x600
>>25792493
Just normal. And yeah using Magnemite in BW2 is basically cheating. But I can't help it because I love the Magnemite line.
>>
x
working on a livingdex
602 pokemon in

i'm breeding ha sableye for gts fodder.
>>
File: cool stuff.jpg (199 KB, 2048x1228) Image search: [Google]
cool stuff.jpg
199 KB, 2048x1228
I haven't played Pokémon for years, remake ORAS was the first after awhile. I decided to make a decent team, but I kinda have no idea what I'm doing?

The Mawile and the Froslass are the only members of my party for sure right now. I have two Froslass, a HP/Speed full support and a SpA/Speed Support, that has Ice Beam. I'm not sure which one I like best still.
Everything else is testing pretty much.
>>
>>25792276
Playing Y I had saved just after finding wulfric, I'm not sure I should box my level 90 Lopunny or take her to hundred. Still haven't gotten a stone for my level 53 Lampent, currently raising meditite to evolve, just evolved my nincada and got my first ever shedninja
>>
>>25792667
Also just hatched female chespin!
>>
I had never attempted to catch all pokemon in any game, I'd usually have max 10 pokemon by the time I beat the champion. For the first time I'll do it in OR. So far my team is Taillow, Grovyle, Loudred, Mightyena, Masquerain, and Ninjask.

I'm trying to also train all my Pokemon.
>>
File: h5h534.png (7 KB, 255x185) Image search: [Google]
h5h534.png
7 KB, 255x185
>white 2
>roleplaying a biologist/scientist
>only collecting sludge/slime themed pokemon and naming them "Sample X"

Am I autistic, /veep/?
>>
>>25792889
No, I like the idea. I shold try something like that.
>>
>>25792889
I like it, but I would probably expand to steel types that are usually associated with scientists. Like magnemite, klink, beldum.
>>
Trying to finally finish Omega Ruby, I keep getting bored and restarting. Hoping this time I'll play through to the end, I still haven't even seen the post game episode. Trying to use pokemon I haven't played with much as an in game team before, so far its

Pelipper
Aron
Ninjask
Shedinja

Planning on getting a Crawdaunt too, and then one slot for whatever takes my fancy. I'm intending to have the one team of six covering all battles, all HMs and Master Ranking all contests

After that I'm thinking I might do a nuzlocke of B/W2 Challenge mode, but honestly Dark Souls 3 is coming out in a few weeks and that's going to take up all my gaming time.
>>
>>25792889
I like this and the idea of theme playing.
>>
White 2
Pignite lv 17
Riolu lv 15
Purrloin lv 11
Just catched an Elekid but not sure about training it as I wanted to train it in Gen VI, and training a pokemon twice is kind of boring.
Not sure either about the whole party but is local based, which pokemon can you suggest me /vp/?
I want to try something new besides ye olde mon team of the national bird, the usual starter and the usual pseudo.
>>
>>25792276
I only started playing pokémon recently.
Went through FR and Crystal, currently playing emerald.
It's really damned fun.
>>
>>25796097
Aw shit.
Not FR. Just regular gameboy red.
I brainfarted.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
SS. Grinding my team to level 60 across the board so i can beat Red.
Incoming flipped screenshot
>>
Started OR a few days ago and ended up with Hariyama, Marshtomp, and Roselia on my team but I'm thinking of restarting with Treecko and giving it a mixed set

Also playing thru White with Pignite, Tynamo, Simisage, Palpitoad, Dwebble, and Solosis. Gonna dump Simisage for Haxorus I think though
>>
File: 20160401_204921.jpg (259 KB, 777x565) Image search: [Google]
20160401_204921.jpg
259 KB, 777x565
Working on completing my pokedex in pearl.

It'll probably end up being 9 years to the day before all's well and done.
>>
pokemon neo x, pokemon star sapphire, and pokemon meme sapphire. finally hacked my 3ds and got these games
>>
Doing an X run with only cute Fairy types that I will not be evolving further than they already are.

Marill, Jigglypuff, Flabébé, Carbink, Dedenne, Cottonee

Marill is the obvious strong player. Cottonee is weak but can stall out with Leech Seed and shit. Still weak tho and I hate it. I hate my life.
>>
>>25792276
I'm currently playing a randomized Black 2 Nuzlocke with my team consisting of:
>Zirnitra the Dratini (level 10)
> Haokah the Blitzle (level 10)
> Aergia the Slakoth (level 8)

I did have a Sunkern named Antheia but she died from a Blitzle using Aeroblast.
>>
Heartgold

Picked totodile and banked him. Just beat first gym, then ran around till togepi hatched.

Spearow lv. 11 "Tori-san"
Ratata lv. 11 "Rizzo"
Zubat lv. 7 "Barbara"
Mareep lv. 11

Ghastly lv. 11 "Hangaku"

Still deciding on last slot. I'm trying to have a even spread. I'm between

Geodude lv. 11
Bellsprout lv. 9
Sentret lv. 10

What do you guys suggest?
>>
>>25792276
Pokemon Yellow
Just got to Fuchsia but I skipped some trainers so I need to back up and fight them.
Yes, my team is maximum pleb, also Pikachu is boxed.
Charmeleon lv 32
Wartortle lv 33
Venusaru lv 32
Mew lv 30
Nidoking lv 33
>>
>>25797516
Never give up anon.

>>25797682
I like Victreebel so Bellsprout I guess. Is your Ratata a top percentage one at least?
>>
>>25792276
Just started Sun.

Currently got Froakie and Pikachu, right outside the first gym
>>
Breeding a trick room doubles team for the battle maison in oras at the moment

I've been wanting to use Mega Abomasnow and Snorlax for ages
>>
>>25792276
Monograss HG

Currently at Blackthorne Gym with:

Meganium
Sunflora
Bellossom
Jumpluff
Weepinbell
Parasect

also have an Exeggcute at the daycare. Wondering if I should take in a Tangela or not since I never used one before, but I don't want a 4th pure grass type or to remove one of the Gen II grass types.
>>
>>25792276
Yellow, got kinda late into the whole 20th anniversary party but I'm at the Victory road now. Made a rule to only use Pokemon I never used before instead of sticking to the same old starter/bird/nido/lapras/snorlax cliche, and here are the results:

Rapidash
>Fire Blast
>Fire Spin
>Agility
>Stomp

No Flamethrower sucks. Lack of PP Ups in gen 1 also sucks.

Tangela
>Mega Drain
>Double Edge
>Sleep Powder
>Growth

Those gen 1 movepools are killing me. No Leech Seed, strongest STAB locked at 40 BP unless I teach it the two-turn Solarbeam. It hurts.

Marowak
>Earthquake
>Body Slam
>Blizzard
>Bone Rush

Cant learn Rock Slide nor Swords Dance (Tangela can!) in Gen 1. GAMEFREAAAK.

Poliwrath
>Surf
>Ice Beam
>Amnesia
>Submission

Kind of wish I have kept Hypnosis instead of going for Submission. He works extremely well even as a pure special attacker.

Mr. Mime
>Psychic
>Thunderbolt
>Reflect
>Thunder Wave

Was a pain trying not to over level him early game but he's pretty much a monster now.

Raticate
>Hyper Fang
>Dig
>BubbleBeam
>Quick Attack

My "starter", so to speak. Surprisingly useful for majority of the game. Water Gun/BubbleBeam was great early-mid game with all those Rock/Ground types trying to stop my sweep but I'm probably going to replace it with Hyper Beam.

Overall I'm enjoying my run though I wish I had a dedicated Flyer somewhere on my main team. Right now I'm basically forced to rotate my Pokemon around due to one spot always being taken by Pidgeotto.
>>
Started a Diamond playthrough just now. Realized that my Diamond version is actually the North America one, which is very weird and the local retailer I got it from 9 years ago must have done some weird shit. I guess now I have games from EU, NA and Japan.

Anyway, probably gonna pick Piplup although Chimchar is a compelling choice too due to the lack of fire types but I can always trade something from my Pearl, Platinum or SS versions. I have no idea what my team is gonna be, I just know that I want to get a Skorupi early on(through one of my other versions) and raise it to Drapion.
>>
>>25800451
Tangrowth is pretty cool imo
>>
Just being a breedfag for the time being. I am considering restarting X so I can reset for another Xernes/Zapdos though.
>>
im playing firered with a randomizer it sucked at first cause i chose ralts as my starter but i didnt know she only knew growl
>>
OmegaRuby. Since I finished my run again I've just been collecting the 1,000 flags again (at 854), checking the mirage spots and wondertrading 5/6 IV Espurr breeding leftovers from when I bred for 3 shiny Espurr. No egg moves unfortunately.
>>
Just finished Hoenn E4. I honestly double kicked my way through the entire game. It was absurd.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.