[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 24-Krookodile line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
Yesterday was the fishmon Basculin, today we'll talk about the desert crocs with a mean streak, Sandile, Krokorok, and krookodile.
My thoughts: This line kicks fucking ass. It's no surprise that it's a fan-favorite amongst Gen 5 fans. I've used these Pokémon in almost every Gen 5 playthrough and they do not dissapoint. Great attack, good typing, and awesome abilities in Intimidate and Moxie.
Design wise, sand crocs(or Gharials to be specific) with a burglar/thief theme is really cool. Sandile is your average qt-mon, Krokorok is a pretty cool mid-evo, and Krookodile is a beast. They also have this interesting biological aspect to their design: The colouring around their eyes, shaped like sunglasses or rogue masks, also function like a protective membrane, which allows them to see in sandstorms.
Overall, Unique typing, great to use in battle, a simply cool design, and this is where is Gen 5's Dark types really start to shine. Just a great Pokemon.
>>
It just gets bigger.
>>
Love this guy
>>
>>25792133
It's a great evolution line, I just wish Krookodile had more to his look that distinguishes it from Krokorok. I really disliked the Gen1 "it gets bigger and angrier" thing.
>>
>>25792133
They look cool but never could find a chance to actually use it
>>
>>25792133
fun to draw
>>
>>25792153
It gets redder too.
>>
>>25792273
And meaner aswell
>>
>>25792133
Krookodile is a bro.
>>
I like sandile and I fucking love krookodile. Krokorok is just a little lacking to me. It's a nice transition from sandile, but to krookodile it "just gets bigger" and red. Where tf did the red come from all of a sudden.

Still probably my fave gen 5 line, krokorok just has shitty middle stage syndrome.
>>
I like Sandile and Krokorok, but Krookodile takes away the nice colour scheme and has a terribly shaped head. Snout too long and consistently thin along it's length. If the snout angled more naturally into the head, it wouldn't be so jarring. However, it is similar to Druddigon in that it looks shockingly better in 3D in comparison to the terrible 2D spriting of BW. So I don't hate it as much as I would if you asked me 4 years ago.
>>
>>25792133
I can't get over that snout or the red color, but it's pretty cool otherwise

I still typically use Scrafty as my W/W2 dark type though
>>
File: uglycroc.jpg (40 KB, 520x324) Image search: [Google]
uglycroc.jpg
40 KB, 520x324
>>25792492
>>25792517
I mean the poor thing's based on this ugly motherfucker, he can't help having the nose
>>
>>25792575
Some things weren't meant to be a base for a design. They don't take garbage off the streets and make that a pokemon.
>>
>>25792133
Literally my mom's bipedal evil crocodile
>>
>>25792133
Easily my favorite poke from my B/W playthrough and one of my favorite lizards in the whole pokemon franchise
The typing is interesting too, i think this is the first ground type I've ever used besides Nidoking and the first dark type i've mained

I do like Krokorok best however, the smug face and the crossed arms give it a neat look. Not so much a fan of Krookodile because RED but is not terrible. The sprite for B/W is terrible tho, skinny arms like damn
>>
>>25792374
>>25792191
>>25792153

I don't get this meme. Why is "it just gets bigger" always presented like a bad thing? Sure, it CAN be disappointing, but in the case of a design I really like such as Krokorok I'm glad that they didn't try to completely reinvent the wheel with Krookodile.
>>
>>25792965
Yeah, it's not as bad as say, Poliwhirl into Poliwrath.
>>
My third favorite bro after gyarados and pangoro. Krookodile is baller status, I don't care if he's a little slow
>>
>>25792598
what a dumb fucking opinion, a gharial is a real animal. there's no reason they can't use one as a basis just because you've got shitty taste.

besides there's garbage pokemon anyway. oh and garbodor.
>>
So this is literally one of my favorite evolution lines in the series, probably top 5 or 10. Just fantastic designs all the way, and really fun to use, particularly with Moxie.

It's the only Pokemon that I used in both BW and BW2, just because I liked it too much not to.
>>
>>25792133
thought it would be a shitmon.
Caught one with Moxie and was proven wrong. I really liked using Krookodile in BW/BW2. It's design is good, it's moves are good. All around fun.
>>
I don't like the designs quite as much as I originally did but I still like them a lot. Krookodile was a lot of fun to use too. I also like how in SMD, Krookodile is a bit of an alpha jerk but when he comes to his crush on Miltank, he's too beta to ask her out.
>>
>>25792993
fuck you I love Poliwrath
>>
>>25792133
Love the things. Krookodile carried me throughout the game with its insane attack and speed. Making sure every game had something descended from that Krookodile is why I paid for the Pokemon Bank.
>>
Playing W2 right now, and Krookodile is extremely useful. Great design too
>>
Went to shit after Sandile. They could have been awesome desert diving crocs but instead we got yet another bipedal crocodilian, this time with a penis snout.
>>
I love the whole evolution line, Sandile is fucking cute and Krookodile became one of my favorites and used it for almost all the playtrough.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.