[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw Sun/Moon has difficulty settings and removed or revamped HMs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 17
File: I came.jpg (51 KB, 459x969) Image search: [Google]
I came.jpg
51 KB, 459x969
>yfw Sun/Moon has difficulty settings and removed or revamped HMs
>>
File: 1459398983448.png (106 KB, 348x365) Image search: [Google]
1459398983448.png
106 KB, 348x365
>>25790652
If it has those things plus a Battle Frontier and trainer customization, I might just die from happiness.
>>
File: 1457636038359.jpg (25 KB, 500x481) Image search: [Google]
1457636038359.jpg
25 KB, 500x481
>you can delete hm moves at will
>Revamped tournament style Elite 4
>No healing items allowed against Elite 4
>Gyms feel like real bosses
>>
>>25790662
>forgetting the primary audience for the game is children and not man-children
>>
>>25790668

>not making it challenging for children

They need to learn
>>
>>25790668
>DIFFICULTY
>SETTING
Jesus Christ, you better stick to Normal mode with all the kids if you want to keep up.

>>25790662
>Gym doors lock like the E4 and you must battle the gym leader and their trainers without healing
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 179x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 179x316
>mfw it will never ever happen because the series is targeted for 10 year olds and 10 year olds don't give a shit about difficulty and mechanic changes
>mfw it will always be like this and the autistic adult fandom will always complain despite knowing full well what they're playing
>>
File: 1427604481679.jpg (15 KB, 449x497) Image search: [Google]
1427604481679.jpg
15 KB, 449x497
>>25790683
>tfw mobileposters are allowed
I don't understand, do you NOT want a legitimately good Pokemon game?
>>
>>25790668
>you must literally be able to press A and win automatically in order for children to be able to play a game
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>25790652

>Each Pokemon has a fifth moveslot for Field Moves
>HMs are now FM's(Field Machines)
>Can't be used in battle because they have no affect
>Outside of battle have a variety of uses to help you progress
>FM's can be replaced with other FM's

P R O B L E M
S O L V E D
>>
>>25790694

(Samefag)

Forgot:

>increase the HM/FM compatibility list by a shit-ton
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 649x649
>>25790686
Nice rebuttal friendo.

And Pokemon games don't need a difficulty setting to be good, they need to be fucking memorable.

XY and ORAS's handholding was only HALF of problem, the rest being that it was boring as fuck and nothing made it stand out.

I don't care if the game is easy, I care about whether or not it's actually fun.
>>
>>25790694
>>25790700
I like it.

>>25790702
Then it's not a game. Just a movie you have to mash A in order to watch. Kill yourself any time.
>>
>>25790713
>Then it's not a game. Just a movie you have to mash A in order to watch.
But that's wrong you fag.
Good setpieces, interesting characters, and a solid evil team have nothing to fucking do with the gameplay at all.
Normally, I'm a gameplay > story kinda guy, but since Pokemon's gameplay isn't even fucking particular engaging to me at all anymore, and the story isn't interesting, or the characters aren't fun to listen to, then it becomes a fucking snorefest and makes me want to stop playing the game because even being able to cheese though the game just ends up making it more monotonous.
>>
File: 14356454564.jpg (31 KB, 598x448) Image search: [Google]
14356454564.jpg
31 KB, 598x448
>>25790731
>Good setpieces, interesting characters, and a solid evil team have nothing to fucking do with the gameplay at all.
Luckily, not only does Pokemon not have any of that, it's a mash A = win game too! Wow! You're right anon! Pokemon is fucking awful! So let's speculate on how to make it better, like the OP says?
>>
>>25790694
>>25790700

(Samefag) And they can make Field Moves more interesting with the following:

>Soar FM(Soar around the region ORAS style on the back of any compatible Pokemon)
>Ride FM(Ride around on the back of any compatible Pokemon, Gogoat style)
>Follow FM(Have a Pokemon out and following you. Makes it so you don't need it in the first slot to have a Pokemon follower.)
>way more locations to use FM's and lots of secret areas

S
O
L
V
E
D
>>
>>25790751
I like it. Except
>Soar
I'd rather just point and click than manually have to fly. It's the fast travel of the game.
>Ride
I think this could simply replace the bike. In certain areas, the Gogoat thing could break the game by being able to whip out a Pokemon that can climb ledges at any time.

Other than that, hell yeah.
>>
>>25790759

Well, the idea of Soar is that you can reach Routes and other places you can't fly to, I suppose.

And nah, the bike is a staple. No matter what, GF wouldnt get rid of it, even when Rollerskates made it useless in X/Y.
>>
>>25790771
Point + click fly to routes.

And you're attached to the bike? I couldn't give a shit as long as the same function was available in the game.
>>
>>25790662
>you can delete hm moves at will
It shouldn't even function like that, none of the Pokemon should ever need a HM move. HMs should be a key item or something.
>>
>>25790745
Difficulty is the least of the series' problems, general handholding, I'll give you that.

But just adding a difficultly mode isn't going to magically make the games better. Hell, if anything, it might make it worse because of how broken the battling system is right now.

The games need to at least be rebalanced before adding ramped diffuculty, specifically with fairy types, ice types, and bug types.

And we do need a somewhat "rival-ly" rival again, the fags in Kalos weren't rivals, and they were barely even friends.
And I'll at least say the rival battles should at least be ramped in difficultly only because they're your fucking rivals and should be someone you can actually have an even match with.
Both Blue and Silver still are the best Rivals we've ever had.

As for the evil team, as much as people hate how "over the top" team plasma was, I liked it, they were actually somewhat of a threat in B2W2. I mean the had a god damn battleship that froze an entire dragon town for Christ sake, that's better than any other team, even Rocket. And making the leader not a generic "take over/destoy the world/capture a legendary" would be nice too.

And making Gym leaders with some actual character development and some not pants-on-head retarded teams would be good, same with bringing back gym rematches.

In short
>rebalance the game first before you fuck with difficulty, so it's actually difficult and not cheep
>make the rivals actual rivals again, if you're going to have friends, give them development too
>make the evil team a threat and not a bunch of bumbling retards
>give the gym leaders character and not a bunch of bumbling retards

I'd much rather have this than a fucking difficulty slider.
>>
>>25790793
>Difficulty is the least of the series' problems
I stopped reading right there.
>>
>>25790702
I like your way of thinking. But like you said, it's half of the problem (or in my case, a quarter?) and it can easily be fixed.
>>
File: 1459397822873.jpg (34 KB, 335x605) Image search: [Google]
1459397822873.jpg
34 KB, 335x605
>Sun/Moon
>Hawaii
>Volcano fish
>Fire-type Surf
>Swim across lava
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 961x759) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 961x759
>>25790798
Enjoy your Battle-Masion Tier difficultly while the rest of us will have to sit through more shit like Shauna and fucking pathetic evil teams for the millionth time.
>>25790800
It really can't.
Like I said, the games need to be rebalanced again before you can fix the difficultly.
Unless Rhyhorn spamming Rock Slide and flinching you to death is enough to be considered "challenging".
>>
>>25790821
As far as difficulty goes, I just want something like BW2 Challenge mode. More pokemon on enemy trainer teams, held items, better movesets and IVs, and a little better AI.
>>
File: 1456682677862.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1456682677862.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>25790652
>Difficulty settings that only adjust AI, teams&item sets, and amount of pokemon they use but not general level
>level curve is made so that you never have to grind or get ahead in any difficulty level
>exp scaling brought back so it's faster to level newly caught pokemon
>revamped/removed HMs
>removed IVs
>EVs revamped into a manual skill points system
>trainer customization
>the best story from any of the mainline games and possibly spinoffs
>comfy as fuck region
>comfy as fuck traveling with group of friends that are actually great characters
>rival with a new interesting personality that isn't part of your group of friends
>no retarded evil team
>gym leaders and more characters are very relevant to the story
>seamless multiplayer where people can randomly join your game and you randomly join theirs, you're more likely to meet people in your friends list

And that's my dream pokemon game.
>>
File: 4chan_is_unreliable_source.png (42 KB, 479x374) Image search: [Google]
4chan_is_unreliable_source.png
42 KB, 479x374
>>25790652
Nah.
>>
>>25790821
In my case, I just want BW2 level of difficulty. You can argue that it's not hard or challenging at all, but it wasn't a OHKO-fest either like ORAS and XY were.
>>
>>25790690
Yeah, sound pretty accurate for children today.
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 352x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 352x338
>>25790864

I like it.
>>
>>25790662
>No healing items allowed against Elite 4

What for? Kids won't be able to go past it and you can already stop yourself from using them, just like you stop youself from using dead pokemon in a nuzloke.
Unless you are autistic enough to havo to use them if there is "nothing stoping you".
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (86 KB, 954x766) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
86 KB, 954x766
>>25790652
the fuck is going on here? what the fuck is this format? why is it like this?
>>
File: cuck.jpg (24 KB, 401x401) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
24 KB, 401x401
>>25790886
>incognito
>>
>>25790886 April fools joke maybe?
>>
>>25790886
You must be using some kind of custom CSS, mine looks normal
>>
>>25790904
I opened this thread in another tab and it went to that style. Definitely april fools. Look at our names.
>>
>>25790886
April Fools!
>>25790904
Reload the page.
>>
File: 1459489760198.jpg (10 KB, 396x217) Image search: [Google]
1459489760198.jpg
10 KB, 396x217
>>25790793
>caring AT ALL about the story in Pokemon games
>and best of all, caring about it more than good gameplay and a challenge

Put on a trip so I can block your cock-gobbling niggerlips forever.
>>
>>25790886
April 1st. I actually like this design, hope it stays as a custom skin
>>
>>25790652
>HMs are replaced by key items
>You can still get HMs if you want,but they can be removed.

For example:

>Small Axe
-Cuts down trees
>Surfboard
-It's pretty self explanatory.
>Power Gloves
-Allow you to push heavy boulders
>>
File: 1456345848336.gif (50 KB, 586x475) Image search: [Google]
1456345848336.gif
50 KB, 586x475
>>25790686
Hey I'm a mobile poster and you wouldn't know. That is an iOS poster, which is a whole different form of unpleasant. Don't lump me in with those faggots.
>>
>>25790662
With the exception of the healing items thing, I agree with this.
>>
>>25790652
The only needed thing is Battle Frontier.
>>
>>25790974
never going to happen
>>
>>25790662
>>you can delete hm moves at will

>get on a site where you can't scape from without using rock smash (a secret base imo)
>learn a new move to the only pokemon that can learn rock smash, deleting rock smash
>trade with someone that pokemon
>now you cant leave/scape until someone gives you a mon capable of learing rock smash
>>
File: laughing hd.jpg (422 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
laughing hd.jpg
422 KB, 3840x2160
>>25790869
>but it wasn't a OHKO-fest either like ORAS and XY were.
>>
Less story and definitely no forcing players to use certain pokemon (mega lucario, latios/latias, fug)

Good diversity in pokemon like x and y had

Less scripted events (I should be able to walk down a new route without being bombarded by walls of dialogue)

Rival whose team changes depending on what pokemon you use during your last battle with them instead of just which starter you picked at the start of game

Seriously just make the game less on rails and easy
>>
>>25790652
>HM functionality removed, Gym badges allow the following:

>Cutting - Any Pokemon with teeth, claws, or sharp edges may cut things down on command.

>Flying, Soaring, Defogging - Any reasonably sized Flying type may carry or throw out gusts of wind on command.

>Surfing, Whirlpool/Waterfall navigation, Diving - Any strong enough Water type may carry you through the sea on command.

>Strength feats - Any strong enough or final evolution Pokemon may engage in feats of strength on command.

>Rock smashing - Any good enough Fighting type may display feats of skill on command.

>Rock climbing - Any strong enough, terrain suited, or Flying type may lift you up an incline on command.

>Flashing - Any suited, Fire or Electric type may illuminate the area on command.
>>
>>25790864
It's good
>>
>>25790652
how about the difficulty settings treat the current level of difficulty as "hard mode" for "experienced players," but introduces a tutorial mode that gives in battle tips, a hint button, map markers for where to go next, and "route guides" that heal your party after every battle on any route with both tall grass and trainers exceeding like, three.

"Looks like there's some tough trainers on this route, would you like some assistance?
>Yes
>No
>Are you sure?
>Yes
>Nonsense, I'm happy to help. Let's go!

You only thought the games were easy now.
>>
>>25790652

it's gamefreak

so forget about good games.. there's only shit online mode for you- the adult player
>>
Honestly the best thing game freak could implement to make it harder is dynamic leveling. Even if they make all the trainers OU as shit like Wally you can still over-level and sweep. Plus dynamic leveling could make for multi path routes that actually work unlike Johto's tragedy of a level curve.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.