[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A legit question for anyone out there supporting the generation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 1457164347145.png (60 KB, 799x207) Image search: [Google]
1457164347145.png
60 KB, 799x207
A legit question for anyone out there supporting the generation 6/6.5 theory; what's your purpose? Do you support it because of evidence or because you want to see gen 6 salvaged?
>>
>>25790167
>Do you support it because of evidence or because you want to see gen 6 salvaged?
Both.
>>
>>25790167
>Support it because of evidence

There is no evidence, it's all fan theory, nothing more
>>
I support it because of evidence. I would rather have gen 7. But none of the information points to gen 7.
>>
>>25790167
It's a meme
No one supports the "generation 6/6.5 theory"
>>
>>25790185
I know, but they don't. I really want to see why someone would support this theory.
>>
>>25790202
You know how people say Pyro is confirmed a Gay Man because of its shoulders? Same logic. Same exact to the T logic
>>
>>25790167
I would never be able to get over two sets of starters in one generation. New starters would have to mean Gen 7 for me. If others want to call it 6.5--despite how awkward that sounds and how weird the second set of starters would be in that situation--then that's their choice. I don't really understand it.
>>
>>25790202
Because of the leftover information in Gen 6.

Zygarde has two unavailable signature moves for two games like how Kyurem had two unavailable signature moves for two games.

There are two pentagon slots left. There are two more games.

Zygarde's forme is in the anime and a bunch of side games. Giratina and Kyurem's formes were featured in the same gen they debuted.

Strange Souvenir is given to you in XY foreshadowing the SM region. So clearly GF had this planned early.

I have no reason to believe this is Gen 7 until they A. Show screenshots that make it look different from Gen 6's aesthetic or B. Show that the games have different incompatible mechanics.

>>25790217
>I would never be able to get over two sets of starters in one generation

There are already are. Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie in XY and Treecko/Torchic/Mudkip in ORAS. There. Two sets. Adding a new set that are new Pokemon doesn't really change anything to me.
>>
>>25790185
There is evidence though. I personally don't want it but I look past my bias to say that it's possible. Maybe you should do the same
>>
>>25790217

You're also forgetting that the idea of a "generation" is literally just fan construct, so I don't really think GF really cares about what sounds awkward to us
>>
File: choche007.jpg (11 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
choche007.jpg
11 KB, 480x480
eri suuuuuumo
>>
I have not and am not going to play Gen 6 so I don't necessarily want to see it salvaged but I expect it to be 6.5 for pretty much all the common reasons you see people post in their jaypegs.
>>
>>25790191
>I would rather have gen 7. But none of the information points to gen 7
>But none of the information points to gen 7
>none of the information

What the fuck are you smoking? I'm a gen7fag too and admit there's evidence on both sides...but to say there's NO evidence for gen 7? Top kek.
>>
there's no evidence for anything. everything is speculation. all you know is two new titles. that's literally all you know.
>>
>>25791629
It's not evidence, it's a speculation theory based on obscure mythology, a useless throphy item, a pentagon and a desire to not see Gen 6 get cucked
>>25792810
We've also seen two new pokemon, plus the offical trailer counting down the years the Gens came out ending in "2016 Sun & Moon" Add that with the new names for the games and that is three strong arguments for Gen 7 that came directly from Nintendo, and not a fan theory.
>>
>sumo
Fucking Sunfags.
>>
>>25792810
We've known more than the titles since the direct. Stop exaggerating.

>>25792768
There really isn't.

>>25794935
>It's not evidence

No, it's evidence. Data factually existing in the games isn't speculation. You can't deny that it's there.
>>
>>25794959
None of that data proves it's Gen 6.5 though. The Pentagon argument is fundamentally flawed, we've had useless items before and Zygardes moves are more evidence of a scrapped Z than anything.

Nothing this fan speculation theory has is the hallmarks of a new gne while the name, the new pokemon and the countdown all SCREAM gen 7.
>>
>>25795036
>None of that data proves it's Gen 6.5 though
It's still evidence.

>The Pentagon argument is fundamentally flawed, we've had useless items before and Zygardes moves are more evidence of a scrapped Z than anything.
No it's not. Why should I ASSUME the data is going to go unused? Because it fits your headcanon theory? Nope. It's better to assume it will be used until proven otherwise. Because the amount of used data heavily outweighs the amount of unused data.

> evidence of a scrapped Z than anything
There is no "scrapped Z." They never planned on making Z to begin with.
>>
I'm convinced 6.5 fags don't actually believe the shit they're trying to shill. They see it invites a war and they happily continue sucking cocks watching other people hurl insults at each other.

If they do truly believe it though, they need to be sterilized because airline that retarded should never be allowed to reproduce.
>>
File: 6.5.png (344 KB, 1304x602) Image search: [Google]
6.5.png
344 KB, 1304x602
NEVER
_V
_E
_R
>>
>>25795058
>It's still evidence

I think you need to learn the difference between evidence and speculation

Pentagon's two unused sides means two new games because X+Y+OR+AS+S+M=5 games, wait...

>They never planned on making Z to begin with

Then fucking explain Pokemon XY&Z anime
>>
>>25795130
>I think you need to learn the difference between evidence and speculation
I think you need to learn the difference between evidence and proof.

>Pentagon's two unused sides means two new games because X+Y+OR+AS+S+M=5 games, wait...
It equals 6 games. And there are 6 pentagon slots in total. I have no idea what you're getting at here.

>Then fucking explain Pokemon XY&Z anime
The fact that it's an anime and not a game. The anime titles don't have to match up with the games.

Next you're going to tell me there's a cancelled Decolora Adventure Gen 5 game just because a part of the BW anime was called that.
>>
>>25790234
>There are already are. Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie in XY and Treecko/Torchic/Mudkip in ORAS. There. Two sets.
Are you one of them manchildren I keep hearing about?
>>
>>25795130
>1+1+1+1+1+1=5
>>
File: 1457970412899.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457970412899.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
>>25790234

>There are already are. Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie in XY and Treecko/Torchic/Mudkip in ORAS.
>>
>>25795263
>>25795183
Are you denying that those are two different sets of starters? If you are, I think you are the manchildren
>>
>>25795183
>>25795263
>>25795287
This is kinda petty to argue over
>>
>>25790192
is a degenerate duty
nobody cares you.
>>
>>25790167
the 6.5 lot are the exact same as the fairy deniers before gen6, its gonna be a new set of games with a new prof, a new dex and a new region, obviously gen7.
>>
XY just has so few mons that it seems like half a gen
>>
>>25791635
Then I'll just refer to it as Gen 7 instead of Gen 6.5. This will be fine until Gen 8 comes out and half the people are calling it Gen 7. Probably by the time that happens, though, I'll care even less than I do now.
>>
>>25795486
It added 100 mons, literally the same as gen 2
>>
>>25795519
>counting megas as new mons
>>
>>25795641
>not
>>
>>25795748
>being a literal faggot
>>
>>25790167
Both, but I especially want the latter.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.