[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You shall not mispronounce a Pokemon's name. And it doth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: 1436749258332.jpg (74 KB, 600x484) Image search: [Google]
1436749258332.jpg
74 KB, 600x484
You shall not mispronounce a Pokemon's name. And it doth not matter that by the lessons of English you could pronounce a Pokemon's name multiple ways, you will pronounce it the correct way, even if the incorrect way is popular. What is the correct way, well it's the, way that's correct.

You shall not dislike a Pokemon. There is no reason to dislike a Pokemon, any Pokemon. They are all unique and appealing in different ways; you must simply find a way that you like it. And you will be thankful for its existence, and you will like it, you will appreciate it. You cannot dislike a Pokemon.

You shall not say that a Pokemon is bad. All Pokemon are created equally, HEY DON'T LOOK A THOSE STATS AND STOP LOOKING AT THOSE ABILITIES; They are equals. All Pokemon have their use, they are all good. Use them as such, as there is no such thing as a bad Pokemon.

You shall not dislike any generation of Pokemon. All the generations are also created equally and are all good in their own unique way. You also shall not like any of these Generations over another. No Generation is better than another. So what if Gen I is a Glitchy mess or if Gen II is hollow or if Gen III has too much water or if Gen IV is slow as shit or if Gen V was overly linear or if Gen VI was too easy, they are all equal, and you will like them all equally.
>>
Hello, Masuda.
>>
>>25787312
Ar-key-us.
>>
O-okay.
>>
>>25787377

That's the correct way, according to the dub.

Ar-see-us master race.
>>
I generally agree minus the first one. The thing I don't like is that you said it all like a faggot.
>>
>"Hi-dree-jun"

The actual way is ''hi-dragon" but I'd shoot myself before I said that over the superior Hi-dree-jun.
>>
>>25787463
High-dry-gon is correct
>>
>>25787463

Drei is german for three, and pronounced DREE, so you're wrong. It's HIGH-dree-GON.

HIGH-dree-JUN is also wrong.
>>
>>25787377
Ray-QWAY-Zuh
Ree-oh-Lou.
>>
>>25787435
Ar-see-us according to PBR. Master race wins.
>>
>>25787501
>>25787463
It's High-dry-gon.
>>
>>25787545
>pronounced dree
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqeYJ_sJC1I
>>
>>25787435
No, it's just the correct way period. Arse-ee-face.
>>
>>25787545
No, actually, the German number 3 is drei, pronounced dry, and makes the correct pronunciation, as such, Hi-dry-gon, although a case could be made that it's Hi-dry-jon, as a direct reference to the hydrogen bomb, which would definitely fit the German idea behind the hydra/nazi/drei thing.
>>
I knew a kid that pronounced Feraligart as "Frah-jile," like misreading Fragile
>>
>>25788692
Believe it or not, some people actually pronounce Xerneas as Kser-nae-us, when in fact it's Zer-Knee-Us.
>>
>>25787545
but that's wrong you fucking retard
>>
Scissor(s) or Sci - zor?
>>
>>25788776
Siz-or
>>
I always pronounced it hydra-gon, with the emphasis on the first syllable just like Salamence.
>>
>>25788847
Salamence. Salamander - immense. Sa-La-Mense.
>>
>>25787312
High-Dray-gon.
Zhy-Guard
See-Zor
Ray-Kway-Zah
Rye-Oh-Lou
Ar-see-us

Pikachu a shit. It's utter trash and I hate it.

Emolga is utterly useless. Zebstrika and Raichu outclass it in every way.

Gen 3 was trash. Not even Emerald, which was great, could salvage it.

You understand.
>>
>>25787312
there is literally nothing ledian can do that another pokemon can't do better aside from suck dick
>>
>>25789598
> Rye-oh-Lu.

Go back to YouTube, Rodri
>>
Why do even english people try to assign pronounciation? English names are pronounced with the italian/hispanic method: you read exactly the letters that are written. You are not in charge as an english speaker to assign the phonetic name to a Pokémon
>>
>>25787312
did you know blastoise is supposed to be pronounced "Blast Us"? Like tortoise?
>>
>>25789598
It's Zee-Guard
>>
>>25789822
>the italian/hispanic method
>hispanic

Please enlighten us on how Salamence is pronounced then?

>inb4 sa-la-manka
>>
>>25791419
I will kill you
>>
>>25791449
Technically an italian would pronunce it Sa-la-man-che (as in Che Guevara)
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.