[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JOHTO FAGS UNITE !!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: heartgold-soulsilver.jpg (55 KB, 460x210) Image search: [Google]
heartgold-soulsilver.jpg
55 KB, 460x210
We discuss the best pokemon game.
And why it is heartgold and soulsilver.
>>
I dropped HGSS because the following Pokemon thing annoyed the shit out of me and gen 4's engine is intolerable. Anyone else?
GSC I loved, though.
>>
>>25782394
I hated following pokemon.
If it ever returns I hope it's optional. It's fucking dumb to have a giant pokemon walk around behind you.
>>
>>25782394
HGSS were shit, or at the very least worse than GSC. The only thing they did was copy + paste GSC and made is slower and even more of a chore with Gen IV's engine.
>b-b-b-but my cute Eevee can follow me XD :3
Kill yourself.
>>
>>25782501
MY OPINION IS FACT
>>
>>25782394
>>25782421
Op here
i agree with you both, the pokemon following mode wasn't optional and sometimes it was very annoying.
>>
File: 1458114607067.jpg (22 KB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
1458114607067.jpg
22 KB, 400x307
I liked it.
>>
I'm a real johto fan and the originals were better for their time.
>>
File: 1459290142622.jpg (63 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1459290142622.jpg
63 KB, 600x600
>>25782501
Retard alert.
>>
>>25782501
this tbqf
>>
>>25782666
>accurate synopsis of the game
>N-N-NO U

The O N L Y thing they added to GSC in HGSS is the Safari Zone in Cianwood.

That being said, if they just fucking FIXED THE AWFUL POKEMON DISTRIBUTION there would be no need for a half-assed "Safari Zone" in Cianwood at all.

Crystal >>>>>>>>>>>>>> HGSS
>>
>>25782552
>HGSS is slower than GSC
>HGSS didn't add anything of value to improve on GSC
>implying the implication that this isn't complete fact
>>
>>25782334
I'm at Violet City in Soulsilver but want want to do a run without a starter.
Can somebody suggest a well-rounded non-starter team?
So far that team includes Togepi, Wooper and Zubat, but I'm open to suggestions without them
>>
anon successfully shits up thread about innocent discussion of games people like

will get super defensive when called out on it
>>
>>25782719
get Mareep. Cant remember the earliest place to find a fire type though
>>
>>25782835
I ran a Mareep last game, and the one before, and in Black 2. Really want to try a run without her this time.

And looked on the wiki, apparently you can get a houndour at Cianwood safari now, so I'll probably go with that.
>>
>>25782702
What about all the Kanto expansions like Viridian Forest and an actual dungeon for Seafoam Islands?
>>
Good game except for the fact that you're fucked if you want a honchcrow, Mismagius, or Togekiss on your team until after e4 in spite of it being a gen 4 game
>>
>>25782866
they really want you to go trade with other players (d//p/p) thats wat i hated the most.
>>
>>25782719
There's that eevee in goldenrod that you could evolve into umbreon/espeon. Oh, and I'd recommend getting a scyther in the bug contest.

If you want an early fire type you could use a code to get a slugma egg from that guy in the violet city pokemon center.
>>
>>25782937
>using Gen 3 Pokémon

What a casual
>>
>>25782997
>slugma
> gen 3
Wat ???
>>
>>25783043
Yeah, just like Skarmory.
>>
>>25783043
memes
>>
>>25782937
or if you have a pokewalker you could find him there.
>>25783052
>>25783054
>meme
>can't actually make memes
>>
File: elite5.png (23 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
elite5.png
23 KB, 256x192
It was good.
but only this weird champion who uses 3 dragonites under the lv of actually evolving into a dragonite.
And the other "dragons"
lizardfags will get angry
>>
>>25782719
>Crobat
>Sandslash
>Ampharos
>Gengar / Togekiss
>Slowking (or bro)
>???
All those you can get before you get the second badge.
>>
>>25782334
I tried to get into this game 3 times and got bored out of my mind. The most I made it to was 3 badges.

And Gold was the first game I ever owned.
>>
>>25783422
Play Crystal. You'll have a better time.
>>
>>25783422
Bored on what my friend explain.
the xp system? i can give you that that it taes to long.
but what else.
>>
>>25783456
>Kanto Pokemon only
>have to play with battle animations off because of how long every fucking move takes so it's boring as fuck
>play with the volume off so I don't have to hear the incessant ringing of that phone with that retard on the other end: "HEY! XD. I JUST WANTED TO SAY XDD THAT MY AZUMARILL SMELLS LIKE AN OLD RUG XDD. K BYE XDD."
At least in GSC if you don't register anyone the phone never rings unless it's game progress-related which is fine (like Prof. Elm or something).
>>
>>25783505
YEs fuck that phone and some of the battle animation are taking incredibly long.
>>
>>25783562
>Leftovers healing
>using a berry
>Pokemon's ability activates
you're gonna have a bad time
>>
>>25783582
but i thougt you could set the speed of text faster.
from (slow/medium/fast).
>>
>>25783438
>tfw also got crystal when I was a kid but it got stolen literally 2 days after I got it

I doubt I'll have a better time honestly, probably even a worse one because I don't like playing outdated stuff.

>>25783456
Maybe the beginning of all pokemon games are just as boring and the fact that there's a part of each game I look forward to and that helps me get through the beginning. HGSS doesn't have that for me. I played in a weird order after getting back into pokemon.

In BW2, it was catching pokemon with the help of the habitat list, pwt, getting to the parts in the animated trailer, and the music. The fact that this was the first pokemon game I played after a long long break from the series helped too.

In BW it was the story that I learned bits and piece of from BW2.

In Platinum, it was Cynthia, Cyrus, and the Distortion World.

In FRLG, it was the fact that I've never played RBY that kept me going.

In XY, it was the new graphics, PSS, and character customization, and my first time playing a pokemon game on launch was super hype.

In ORAS...well it was to see what the Delta Episode was about and who Zinnia was. I even got turned off halfway from ORAS for a couple of months because it was boring and copied too much from XY, so it didn't have much new.

In HGSS however, there's really not much to be excited for. I know who the champion is, I know who Silver is, I know where and when to catch Ho-oh and Lugia, and I don't get the appeal of following pokemon.

So...yeah. I guess I play pokemon for different reasons than most, but HGSS doesn't appeal to those reasons. Some just find battling, catching, going to the next town, beating the gym leader, repeat to be fun, I expect more than that.
>>
>>25783600
Oh yeah you could always set the text speed.

But that's gonna be the least of your problems when there's a 2-3 second pause every time something happens in the battle

In a perfect world, HGSS would have been made in Gen V and actually improved on GSC.
>implement Gen V EXP curve
>fix Pokemon distribution i.e. actually put Johto Pokemon in Johto
>Gen V rather than IV so it's not slow as all fuck
>infinite TMs
Just not having that Gen IV engine and gaining the Gen V EXP system would be fucking UNREAL. Then if you fix the distribution problem you've got one of the best Pokemon games ever made. HGSS was a fucking disappointment.
>>
>>25783641
If outdated graphics tickle your autism, then you're fucked.
>>
>>25783663
>every pokemon game is exactly like the old one with better graphics

Nah.

Also read the whole post and you'll see why I probably won't enjoy Crystal.
>>
>>25782334
>tfw never played the remakes
>cant afford them unless I find an offer for 20€ or less
>>
>>25782334
Its's kind of amazing that even with HGSS expanded plot it never tied the box legendary to the Team Rocket Revival.

Hell Ho-Oh is the re-birth pokemon. Its even crazier that we have Celebi, a time travelling pokemon, yet GameFreak chose not to connect them.

Its kind of neat for that along. Had it been remade today I'm sure there'd be a over-arching plot.
>>
>>25783043
It's a retard Hoennbaby meme
>>
>>25783260
underaged.
>>
The phone calls in these games are really annoying and these games are the worst for trying to grind for levels because in order to battle again you have to call random trainers and the calls are random.
>>
>>25782334
>following pokemon
>fucking gorgeous graphics
>best music in the series
>just an overwhelming sense of fun
>C O M F Y
>>
>>25782501
>The only thing they did was copy + paste GSC
Those are the best types of remakes. Do you really like having the abomination that is ORAS?
>>
>>25782334
16 Gyms? That's my vote.
>>
IT HAD THE SHIT WHERE UR POKEMON WALK BEHIND U ON THE MAP THAT SHIT WAS LIT AS FUCK
>>
>>25782334
>We discuss the best pokemon game.
Why are Johtofags going to discuss Emerald? I thought you kids were dead set on pretending it was bad.
>>
>>25786681
Well given that ORAS is objectively better than HGSS in virtually every regard, yeah. Enjoy your pedometer gimmick and molasses engine, though.
>>
>>25787382
Yuck
>>
>>25782501
Why come to a thread meant to appreciate hgss and just shit it up? Do you really get that stiff from being a prick?
>>
>>25782334
>phenomenal music and graphic design
>pokemon can follow you
>two regions and plenty of legendaries to catch
>post game actually provides a challenge
>great story
These games had so much going for them and they delivered so well. Clearly the best in the franchise
>>
>>25785151
It became part of the main story though, forcing you to fight it before going to the E4. It became annoying in my recent run since I had forgotten about it.
>>
File: WgjW1qld9yio8_500.jpg (108 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
WgjW1qld9yio8_500.jpg
108 KB, 500x346
you know i always get sad when people make gen 5 threads and is full of crybabies whining about how is the worst gen of the series and HGSS are the absolute best games

and then i come to these HGSS threads and is the same shit genfags shittin on genfags and i realize this board is nothing but OPINIONS

and i'm fine with that
>>
I'm quite fond of HGSS for getting me back into the franchise after gen 3 and I had a lot of fun playing them when they came out

It's just kinda hard to play them now that I've played more recent games but one of these days I'll start my HG nuzlocke
>>
>>25787290
Agree senpai 3lit5me m8
>>
>>25788756
Do it, anon. Even if grinding is a real bitch with the underleveled mons on most routes.
>>
Pokewalkers are literally the most based thing in the series.
>>
did the poll hurt someone's feelings?

joking aside, HG/SS, B2/W2, and emerald are all the god tier pokemon games as of now
>>
>>25789942
Didn't the 3ds have a pedometer in it, or is that just the new 3ds?
>>
>>25789749
yeah I might start it soon because OR is boring as fuck and I don't want to play through White super fast
>>
>>25782334
Ah, platinum was such a good game for its time. It's too bad HGSS were so disappointing, honestly.
>>
>>25782719
you can't fully evolve Togepi until the post game so drop it

After the second badge you can get headbutt, use it on the right tree and you can get a Heracross, great pokemon

in the burned tower you can catch a Magmar and Weezing which are both great pokemon, a Tauros and Miltank soon after getting past the Sudowood
>>
>>25793381
Platinum was the shit.
But hg and ss weren't near as bad as platinum they were great but platinum tops them.
>>
>>25794062
Since when does 4chan use names like these and what happened to other threads layouts?
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.