[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's a good move set to a arcanine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 059Arcanine_AG_anime.png (44 KB, 768x775) Image search: [Google]
059Arcanine_AG_anime.png
44 KB, 768x775
what's a good move set to a arcanine?
>>
>>25781408
Don't use one.
>>
>>25781408
http://www.smogon.com/dex/rb/pokemon/arcanine/
>>
>>25781408
entei
>>
>>25781408
You'll definitely want to start by working his sheath. That's always the first move.
>>
>>25781408
252 Atk 252 Spe
Adamant
-Sacred Fire
-Flare Blitz
-Stone Edge
-Extreme Speed

:^)
>>
>>25781408
Make the rest of your team then work on your arcanine. He's extremely flexible and can fill a lot of niches. I think he has the most potential as a bulky pivot and I love him for that but you can also do so many different builds on him it's ridiculous.
>>
>>25781408
Arcanine can fuck the opponent's physical attackers really bad with Intimidate + Will-O-Wisp, don't forget your Rocky Helmet for extra nuisance.
>>
>Only good offensive option requires him to slowly kill himself

Why are there so few good physical fire attacks?
>>
>>25781539
I want to try that on showdown now.
>>
>>25781408
Assuming Lv 100, run it Impish with 248 in HP, 96 in Def, and 164 in SpD.

This spread is really good defensively since Mega Gardevoir can't 2HKO it, Mega Charizard Y can't 2HKO it, Mega Pinsir can't 2HKO after Intimidate, AV Tornadus-T can't 2HKO it with Hurricane, etc.

If you want it to be a full physical wall, that's also viable, since a Mega Pinsir that Swords Dances on your switch into the previous Arcanine has a high chance to OHKO with Return, but fully physical Arcanine can live it for sure.

You can also do offensive Arcanine, but Entei does that job better (barring Close Combat and Wild Charge access), while Arcanine's niche is its relative bulk with access to reliable recovery, with no 4x weaknesses.
>>
>>25781408
Fluff Puppy is a good Heatran check assuming you're carrying close combat. It's got a pretty meaty extreme speed too.

It's biggest draw over Entei is the Intimidate Ability along with access to a decent Fighting Type attack and the move Wild Charge to cripple, if not outright K.O. some of its common checks. Access to Morning Sun for recovery is always a nice thing to have on Bulkier sets, or perhaps as a decent off-tech to carry to heal off all the recoil.

Also, with a slightly higher base special attack, it has a better range of mixed attacking options.

Entie, on the other hand, is slightly bulkier with its higher HP stat and is slightly more powerful physically with a slightly higher attack. Arcanine is objectively bulkier with Intimidate, but all the opponent has to do is swap out and swap in Albeit not very safely at which case Entie's bulk edges out at being more reliable in a broader range of situations. Having a powerful offensive stab attack with a 50% chance to burn the target is also very nice. Having base 100 speed, vs. Arcanine's base 95, also gives it a very sweet edge. It may not seem like a lot, but it does actually make a pretty big difference.

Personally, I feel that Arcanine's access to Recovery, a better movepool, and subjectively better abilities, make it just edge out over picking between the two. But, that is of course, a personal opinion.
>>
>>25781408
>>25781899
I guess the direct set would be,
Flare Blitz, Will-O-Wisp, Extreme Speed, Morning Sun

although Extreme Speed can be swapped out with things like Close Combat (i.e. Heatran)
>>
>>25781979
Only use Extreme Speed when you need someone to finish off a weakened enemy, Wild Charge and Close Combat are better.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.