[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Catch rates on Gen 1 for 3DS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: mewtwoy3dspng.png (4 KB, 162x146) Image search: [Google]
mewtwoy3dspng.png
4 KB, 162x146
Guys, I'm confused.

Back when I played Red and LeafGreen verisons, the legendaries were hard AF to catch. These versions made me get the mon to very low health and with any status like paralysis or sleep to try to even catch it. Even then, I wasted at least 50 ultra balls before I even caught it.

However, in the 3DS version of Yellow, I caught Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and even Mewtwo without much effort.
It took at max 3 ultra balls after paralysis or sleep to catch any of them. Even with MAX health.

Did they change the catch rates to those of X&Y? Or was I just very very very lucky?
>>
You were very lucky. I've had plenty of "you missed the pokemon!" messages.

To confirm the catch rates are still bullshit go the the safari zone.
>>
>>25778856
Even there, I caught a Kangaskhan just by throwing ONE safari ball, nothing else.

I haven't tried on Chansey though.
>>
>>25778848
Learn the gen I mechanics, HP decrease doesn't matter all that much when catching pokémon with low catch rates, however status like Sleep and Frozen are completely broken.
>>
>>25778868
Try Chansey, Tauros and Scyther/Pinsir, then come back

Oh and Tangela beneath Pallet as well

And only doing it once proves nothing
>>
>>25778966
It wasn't only Kangaskhan, it was basically all the legendaries.. but yeah, I guess it was the status conditions rather than anything else.
>>
>>25779006
>I guess it was the status conditions rather than anything else.
Well there you go, if you put something to sleep now you basically don't have to try.
>>
>>25778848
Sleep and Frozen are broke as fuck.

Also luck. Once I caught Mewtwo at full health with a poke ball in Blue. I also threw master ball and it missed the pokemon.
>>
>>25778856
You do know that "You missed the Pokémon!" wasn't you actually missing the Pokémon, right?

Gen 1 had different capture mechanics regarding the ball shaking. Rather than it changing depending on how close you got, it was always the same number of shakes based on catch rate. For Pokémon with exceptionally low catch rates they had "You missed the Pokémon!" as the failure animation instead of it being caught in the ball and shaking 0-3 times.

Notice how when you finally caught it, it's always the first time it went in the ball at all.
>>
File: 1458831285371.gif (2 MB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1458831285371.gif
2 MB, 400x240
>>25779572
>tfw getting the freeze on a wild legendary pokemon in Gen 1
>>
Gen 1 catching mechanics were significantly different than in later games. For Pokemon with very low catch rates statusing them gave you much better odds than anything else. For example odds of capturing Mewtwo with an Ultra Ball at 1% HP are only 2.5%, but a sleeping one with normal Ball at 100% HP are 10%. Also the number of ball shakes for a failed capture is always the same and tells you about probability of catching a mon.
>>
>>25778848
http://www.dragonflycave.com/rbycapture.aspx
You're welcome.
Tldr on legendary Pokemon one status >>>>>>low HP
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.