[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will the meme of Gen V having bad Pokemon designs die? It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
When will the meme of Gen V having bad Pokemon designs die? It literally has no more bad designs than any other gen, if not fewer. I'm not even a Unovabortion, it's one of my least favorite gens for other reasons, but the designs are great. Name all your favorite mons and at least one is from Unova, I bet you.
>>
Klink line and Emboar are the only bad ones
>>
Wow three of my favourite Pokemon are from gen V. Though i am starting to question whether i actually like Scrafty.
>>
>>25778650
the only designs that i absolutely hate are the ice cream ones

most of the other ones, even if the pokemon is useless, have some thought behind the design
>>
>>25778691

Can I just ask why you still hate the Ice Cream ones? It's 2016, not 2010. This facebook-tier meme also needs to die.

It's a smart design. It's an icicle Pokemon with snow on its head that looks like ice cream. It inspired the design for ice cream in the pokemon world, which you'd know if you actually played the games. It's literally got more lore than any other shit objectmon
>>
>>25778650
Love the bugs, love the fossils, love Deerling/Sawsbuck but hate the rest
>>
It's not that they're bad, it's just that every single one of them is a complete rehash of an older pokemon, mostly from gen 1 but also others. Entire families were rehashed, and even the entire legendary lineup is an uncreative rehash of gen 4's.

Go ahead, name 1 gen 5 pokemon that isn't a rehash.
>>
>>25778745

>Gen 5's legendaries are a rehash of Gen 4
>Gen 4's are literally just Gen 3 again

You are so fucking stupid it hurts.
>>
>>25778745
Joltik and Galvantula
>>
>>25778650
It probably doesn't have any more terrible designs than any other generation by proportion, but in total it certainly does.

The problem is that the vast majority of them are so mediocre, leaning towards bad.

The only line in the entire dex that I feel holds up when compared to other gens is the Reuniclus line.
>>
>>25778650
I didn't notice it until now but probably 75% of the pokemon I like in Gen V are found in the desert.

Also, I think the fact that it's probably the Gen with the worst starters and legendaries goes a long way in forming people's opinions.
>>
The legendaries are absolutely disgusting. Zekrom is the only passable one.
>>
>>25778782
The only gen with no likable starters. Just doesn't feel right boxing a starter, I have never had to do this in any other gen. Wish you were gifted a previous gen's starters like in XY.
>>
>>25778810
>best water starter Oshawott
>based Snivy

the only one that's shit is side-mouth Toopig
>>
>>25778790
Reshiram is majestic. Disregarded.
>>
Why does Gen V have such based Bug-types?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.