[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone please help me with a team building question. So I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: poke_group.png (418 KB, 651x465) Image search: [Google]
poke_group.png
418 KB, 651x465
Someone please help me with a team building question. So I'm making my first competitive team and I'd like to know A. what you think and B. What remaining two pokes I should use.
So far I have:
Dragonite (tank)
Mega Blaziken (phys sweeper)
Espeon (sp sweeper)
Skarmory (defensive wall)
Any Ideas or suggestions?

I don't know how seriously the Tiers are taken and frankly I'm new to taking pokemon seriously, like competitive battling and such.

From what I've read on team building (and correct me if Im wrong)
I need a Sp sweeper/ phys sweeper/ phys wall/ sp wall/ tank and then a battlefield setup like a Gliscor with spikes or something.

I don't really know and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
File: 1449787309393.png (42 KB, 216x286) Image search: [Google]
1449787309393.png
42 KB, 216x286
>Espeon
>sp sweeper
>>
>>25776050
Kek, you are going to get your shit wrecked in ubers.
Learn to fucking play the game first faggot, then you can start building a team. You didn't even posted the movesets, are you for fucking real?
Just looking at your autistic ass is giving me a fucking mental breakdown.
Welcome to the competitive pokemon community, enjoy your stay.
>>
>>25776234

Thanks man!
>>
>>25776050
1. what meta (rules)? The three most popular are VGC 2016, Battlespot Singles and Smogon OU. Smogon OU is best played over simulator and VGC (the official tournament format) is a doubles format which also allows 2 legends per team now. Smogon Ubers is another option which is where this team would end up due to M-Blaziken being banned from lower tier play.

Tiers mean more in pokemon than in any other game simply because you don't get an opportunity for counterplay. If the enemy pokemon outspeeds and OHKOs you, you lose. If it can outspeed and 2HKO, you can't switch in to it. Look at Smogon's 'anything goes'

2. If you want to build a team you have to have two things in mind
a. What is my strategy?
b. How do I respond to common threats and strategies?

For lists of threats in these metas, go to Smogon. Also Espeon is garbage, sorry m8.
>>
File: 1458608393319.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1458608393319.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>25776050
>skarmory
>defensive wall
>>
>>25776257

This was helpful,

I suppose mostly I need to know what kinds of things to be prepared for, from there I can look at Smogons OU and UU lists and look for pokes to build a team with.

So people only play OU on an online simulator?
>>
>>25776050
Step 1: Remove sweeper Espeon. It's bad. Use Alakazam or Choice Scarf Reuniclus instead.
Step 2: Manaphy. Tail Glow Manaphy is the biggest threat in OU right now, due to +3 special attack in one turn. Get something that can outspeed and OHKO it, like maybe Raikou.
>>
>>25776355
>Choice Scarf Reuniclus
>Attempts to talk about the "meta" like he knows what he is talking about

Top kek.
>>
>>25776050
I'm going to assume this is Smogon OU since this team makes zero sense anywhere else.

First of all, Blaziken is banned in OU. That's okay, though, you can use Mega charizard X or Talonflame to similar effect.

Drognite isn't too good right now because of all the fairy and steel types running around, but using it gives you a surprise factor since people don't prepare for it as much now. Best set is Choice Band with Outrage and Extreme Speed, but Dragon Dance can be good too.

Espeon is really bad, sorry. If you like Magic Bounce you could switch to Mega Diancie, or if you just want a super fast Psychic type you can use Latios or Alakazam. Both are better in almost every way.

Skarmory is fine and actually really good right now, so annoying and messes a lot of things up. I suggest using Rocky Helmet with Roost and Whirlwind for maximum nuisance factor.

Best suggestion is, you need something to stop all those damn Mega Manectrics and Landorus out there since low-level players use those a lot since volt-turn is annoying and hard to play against. Gastrodon walls them both and is seriously underrated, I recommend using that as a second physical wall in addition to Skarmory (Physical since Manectric can't do shit to it, that way it can tank hits from Landorus.

Depending on whether you want to play a more offensive or defensive strategy, your 6th team member could be a lot of things. If you want an extremely defensive core, you could use Chansey with Eviolite to synergize with Skarmory for a semi-stall team with a few revenge killers and a sweeper (your fire-guy replacing Blaziken). If you want a more offensive approach, you could use Bisharp to punish Defog Users and use Knock Off to destroy people's items. Gengar is a good possibility too, since it's fast and hits like a truck. Finally, if you don't put Defog on Skarmory, you could use Starmie with Rapid Spin and some attacks like Hydro Pump and Ice Beam or Thunderbolt to get rid of hazards and wreck shit.
>>
>>25776318
It's hard to build teams ingame. Pokemon Showdown contains simulators for most metas and a bunch of weird metas like STABmon and monotypes.
>>
>>25776579
I'm not OP but congratulations on not being an asshole and being actually helpful, bro, thank you.
>>
File: simpsonslaughing.gif (363 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
simpsonslaughing.gif
363 KB, 500x384
>>25776050
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.