[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Team Rocket did nothing wrong. They caught Zapdos far and square
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: ARGH.png (583 KB, 850x476) Image search: [Google]
ARGH.png
583 KB, 850x476
Team Rocket did nothing wrong.
They caught Zapdos far and square and Ash attacked them for no reason.
>>
>>25774867
It's only fair and square if it's caught with a Pokéball and doesn't break free.
>>
You'd think they would realize at this point that they could actually get away with these "catch the Pokemon of the episode schemes" if they actually just weakened it and used a pokeball like everyone else. Ash wouldn't be able to justify doing jack shit to them if they did, and they manage to accomplish it at least twice each season to get their own regional Pokemon, so it's not like they're incapable of it.
>>
>>25774927
Part of me would love to see an episode with a pokemon poacher, only this time, the poacher weakens the pokemon and then catches it with a pokeball.

Would love to see the writers explain that.
>>
>>25774927
>>25774936
At least Team Rocket managed to successfully swipe a Pokemon ONCE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FJs5TS6LAE
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 350x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 350x304
>>25774927
I was thinking a couple weeks ago that I would love to see at the end of every Pokemon movie, an unnamed trainer, the same one too, runs up and catches the legendary Pokemon with a quick ball or something, than dances for a minute and runs off screen.

And their reactions would be different peer movie.
>>
>>25774973

Holy fuck Yanmega sounds like a demon.
>>
>>25775048
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGqfZucqDIA
Let's not forget Abra's lovely voice.
>>
>>25775066
I never knew they hired satan to do the voice work for Abra in this game.
>>
>>25775079
But you know, Anon? If we ever have a Koala-based Pokemon, it should sound like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8oLu7znwQ0

Alternatively, a Cassowary-based Pokemon should sound like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dcQO6Zb8Eg
>>
So when does capturing a pokemon venture into "Poaching" territory?
>>
>>25774973
Let's be honest though, that Yanma was better off in Jessie's hands.
>>
>>25775114
The Cassowary chick is cute, CUTE
>>
>>25775120

Keeping them in electrified cages / solitary confinement outside of pokeballs (which are implied to be comfortable for Pokemon, and said Pokemon are also free to leave them at any time) or otherwise mistreating them. There seems to be a bit of a weird gray area between actual abuse and just battling, and poachers cross that line.
>>
>>25775120
Selling and mistreating (rare) pokemon I guess.
>>
>>25774973
What the fuck is wrong with Brock's voice?
>>
>>25775180
Why would you even keep a pokémon in anything other than a pokéball? What does Team Rocket gain from that?
>>
>>25775191

Selling Pokemon doesn't seem to be a problem so long as they're treated with care. The Game Corners had Pokemon for sale and it was completely legal.

>>25775218

Sometimes it's because they don't want to go through the hassle of weakening a Pokemon first, or it could be that pokeballs are too unreliable, or the Pokemon might be too strong for them to defeat and capture fairly.
>>
>>25775066
Still haven't played this game, don't think I ever will either. The only game I like that seems to fit into this sort of genre is Puzzle Bobble.
>>
File: my sides are hurting so badly.jpg (44 KB, 521x518) Image search: [Google]
my sides are hurting so badly.jpg
44 KB, 521x518
>>25774867
>waits for Ash to defeat it
>immoral as fuck to catch legendaries in the show
>shots missiles at it
>fair and square
>>
What kind of pokemon should poachers have in the first place?
>>
So why do pokemon suddenly become buddies with trainers when they're captured? Surely they could just leave when they're healed again
>>
>>25775280
Something with a lot of status moves.
>>
>>25774867
I'm just impressed that they even managed to get that far into catching it. Usually whenever Jessie and James would attempt something like that they'd be blown to bits.
>>
>>25775284
Because if they didn't, the game wouldn't be as fun.
>>
How does Ash and TR really feel about each other? After so long, wouldn't they have some sort of special bond?

And why doesn't Giovanni just fire them?
>>
>>25775375
Giovanni forgot who they were for a while

But now he knows that whenever he sends them to another region, that region's evil team mysteriously gets broken up.
>>
>>25775375
They may be total fuck-ups, but they've never really done anything that permanently damaged TR so he keeps them around for shits, besides, having people who know you that closely (well it's not THAT close, but still) it's safer to just keep them around and let them do their usual retardation than fire them and risk them spilling the beans. Also what >>25775449 said. Additionally TR do seem to be able to pull in a buck by themselves when they need to so they're not really a financial drain.
>>
>>25775449
Yeah, I think Giovanni finally realized the one thing the TRio are good at: wiping out rival organizations (without admitting they had help from Ash and co.)

Still, I hope Gio and a good chunk of the TR group travels to Kalos to do battle with Flare. The anime writers need to make up for that canceled Rocket vs Plasma special
>>
>>25775284

Mind control.
>>
>>25775375
>How does Ash and TR really feel about each other?

Don't expect this much depth in the anime
>>
>>25775375
Well since Ash is somehow still FUCKING 10, it would apparently not be that much time.
>>
>>25775375

Whenever someone worse comes along, or whether Meowth is stranded with Pikachu or one of the gang, they're usually pretty quick to work together (even if Team Rocket inevitably betrays that trust every single time at the end of the episode). One episode James wound up helping Serena and her Braixen when its stick broke because he empathized with the loss of something with sentimental value (his mother threw out his bottle cap collection when he was a child). So, even if they do some pretty messed up shit sometimes, it never really feels like they hate each other.
>>
>>25775200
it ain't Eric Stuart, that's what's wrong.
>>
>>25775597
I dunno, Pikachu seems to hate Meowth for some reason.
>>
File: spooked.png (137 KB, 315x252) Image search: [Google]
spooked.png
137 KB, 315x252
>>25775609

>for some reason

Gee, I wonder why?
>>
>>25775609

Eh, Pikachu usually doesn't trust Meowth and is pretty quick to get up in his face about it, but that's to be expected. They're still capable of working together when the situation calls for it though.
>>
>>25775642
Back in BW, when Meowth joined them, and then betrayed them after Pikachu and Meowth became good friends, Pikachu tried to fucking murder Meowth.
>>
File: Tobias.png (675 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Tobias.png
675 KB, 1280x720
>>25775006
>unnamed trainer
But we already have the perfect candidate for that idea.
>>
>>25775280
vivillon. their variety of patterns are prized by collectors.
>>
File: 1458958623094.jpg (19 KB, 262x236) Image search: [Google]
1458958623094.jpg
19 KB, 262x236
>using any poaching technology when quickballs exist
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.