[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anybody else have trouble with super mystery dungeon? I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: pgpoksmd.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pgpoksmd.jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
Did anybody else have trouble with super mystery dungeon?
I thought red rescue/explorers of sky/time were way easier than this. I'm at the poliwrath dungeon. I can't go pack to past dungeons and grind either unfortunately.
>>
>>25773911
Use your wands.
>>
I just past that point and was finding it too easy. Perhaps it's just I had a good combo of pokemon? Who do you have?
>>
>>25773937

Bulbasaur and Cyndaquil. I'm using vinewhip so I should be doing more damage but it's something like 16 damage per hit. Cyndaquil does about the same amount. Regular pokemon take about 4 or 5 hits to beat completely.
>>
>>25773911
>Press A to victory baby
They made SMD slightly more difficult, learn to use items. God knows you have enough of them.
>>
>>25773967

Red Rescue and Sky were just more fun to play. SMD is pretty crap so far.
>>
>>25773984
You're crazy. Super has the best gameplay in the whole series.
>>
>>25773911
As a team of Torchic and Chikorita I got stuck on the Poliwraths.
I am prepared to be mocked.
>>
>>25774015
Poliwrath River is a pretty common wall, don't feel too bad.
>>
>>25773911
I feel the same OP. I picked when I finally bought a 3DS and I don't even want to play it. It's just so different to what I'm used to. Did they lower the accuracy of everything as well? I can never even land a hit and that pisses me off to no end.
>>
>>25773911
>you are trash
>Not tryharding enough
>Not using items like the game wants you to
>Not used to competitive shit
>Not minmaxing moves/stats
>Using shit partner combinations

Shit is easy when you get used to it, they even give you a shit ton of reviver seeds all the time.
I never had trouble with any of the pre-end game areas.
>>
>>25773911
This game is certainly harder than the previous ones. It took me a few trys to beat Poliwrath dungeon and now I'm close to finishing the main story (I think?) its getting even harder.
I've had to rescue my own team multiple times because of pokemon who are off screen using attacks like earthquake and KOing my entire party in one or two hits.
>>
>>25773911
The only pokemon that ever gave me trouble was salamence and I fucked him pretty hard by giving up on attacking him with moves and just put it to sleep with a slumber orb and used blast seeds
>>
>>25773911
Really? I got passed that dungeon on my first try.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.