[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"It's gonna continue X and Y's story, so it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 15
File: This is Hell and we can't leave.jpg (113 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
This is Hell and we can't leave.jpg
113 KB, 500x388
>"It's gonna continue X and Y's story, so it's gen 6.5!"
>"It's gonna have new pokemon, so it's gen 7!"
You guys realize you're not arguing about the same thing, right? If you think you are, then tell me: if they continue the story AND have new pokemon (which they will), then who wins?
>>
>>25771555
Depends if there are new starters, region, professor, player characters, or not.
>>
>>25771555
No one. Then we can finally abandon that retarded naming convention.
>>
I WIN
>>
File: 1458159981258.jpg (95 KB, 662x729) Image search: [Google]
1458159981258.jpg
95 KB, 662x729
>>25771555
I'm just sitting back and watching the fun.
>>
Then it'll be gen 8
ALL ABOARD THE GEN 8 TRAIN
DENIERS WILL BE BTFO THIS SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
>>
If it has the same graphics as XY and ORAS
Can battle with XY and ORAS
Can trade with XY and ORAS
Has the same mechanics as XY and ORAS
Has a subplot around Zygarde to continue off XY
Uses the same pentagon system as XY and ORAS

then it's gen 6. Regardless of new Pokemon and region. If it has new Pokemon AND it has new mechanics and can't battle with XY and ORAS THEN I will admit it's gen 7 through and through.
>>
>>25771555
>who wins?
Gamefreak because we're all going to buy the games anyway.
>>
>>25771555
Gen 6.75
>>
If it has new protagonists, starters, and region then it's Gen VII.

Mechanics can fuck off
Graphics can fuck off.
Pentagon can fuck off.
Zygarde and all it's shit forms can fuck off.

6/6.5 fags can fuck right off and kill themselves.
>>
>>25771605
Go back to Smogon, maybe there people will agree with you
>>
File: 1458361041936.gif (592 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458361041936.gif
592 KB, 500x375
>>25771621
This
>>
>>25771555
Gen 7. It's Gen 2 again.
>>
>>25771653
lmop good argument lolz
>>
>>25771605
>It will regardless of Gen
>New Pokemon means it won't
>New Pokemon means it won't
>What if they add one new mechanic but kept all the rest, is it a new gen? Where is the mechanic cut off point? Mechanics is too liberal a factor to determine gens by
>What if it's a post game subplot delegated to a few lines and the rest of the game focuses on new legendaries?
>Why does the freaking pentagon matter?
>>
>>25771555
That picture should be made into a 4chan banner.
>>
>>25771683
>It will regardless of Gen
Nope. Every single Gen has had it's own distinct graphics and aesthetic.

>>New Pokemon means it won't
ORAS had new Megas and moves and could still battle/trade with XY as long as you took them out of your party first. Nothing says SM can't be the same.

>>What if they add one new mechanic but kept all the rest, is it a new gen?
If it breaks battling compatibility, yeah. I could also ask you "if they added one new Pokemon but kept everything else like gen 6 is it a new gen?"

>>What if it's a post game subplot delegated to a few lines and the rest of the game focuses on new legendaries?
Then it still has focus on Zygarde.

>>Why does the freaking pentagon matter?
Because they clearly made it to indicate whether or not a Pokemon is from Gen 6. That's why it only has 2 slots left that work with XY and ORAS.
>>
>>25771555 Gen 2 had new Pokemon and technically continued Gen 1's story (if you can call the Team Rocket fiasco a story) and it was considered a new generation. So I would say that it's a new gen.
>>
>>25771605
Here is your (you)

Serious reply though...

>Graphics
New pokemon center, colors in the overworld are brighter. There are your new graphics.
>Battle compat
It has already been established that it cannot.
>Trade compat
Bank is the only compatibility. Though, GSC could trade with RBY and that was a new Generation so your point is moot regardless.
>Mechanics
There are vehicles in Sun and Moon. Confirmed. That's a new mechanic.
>Zygarde
GSC continued the Team Rocket subplot from RBY. It was a new generation.
>Pentagon
Implying GameFreak didn't have Sun and Moon already in the works when XY launched. If you insist on referring to the hex values of the almighty pentagon, fine, but it doesn't mean anything other than the pokemon originates from a game on the 3DS.

It's goddamn gen vii.
>>
>>25771739
>>25771727
>>
File: 1458156136651.png (399 KB, 654x654) Image search: [Google]
1458156136651.png
399 KB, 654x654
>>25771739
>replying to these people
Why do you insist on wasting the brain power?
>>
>>25771555
It's going to be gen 7, stop being retarded.

I hope to god it doesn't continue XY's story, though. It was hot garbage, better to just drop it.
>>
>>25771739
>blah blah graphics in game
You know we haven't seen anything of in-game, right? You can't fucking say shit like this and expect to be taken seriously.
>>25771767
ahaha
>>
>>25771659
Gen 1's story would still be complete without gen 2. Gen 6 has holes that need to be filled.
>>
>>25771754
If you are
>>25771727
All your points have been countered. Cling to Kalos all you want. It's over.
>>
>>25771790
Except we have, retard.
>>
Boring..
>>
>>25771727
>Only when it came to sprites
Now that we have 3-D models for the pokemon, it's almost certain they will used those models, maybe only retouching the colors at most, which people will say "Doesn't count"
>Megas are new forms, not new pokemon with new dex numbers like Magearna and the Bird
Why would they add battle compatibility then restrict the majority of the pokemon found in one of the games?
>They've never added one new pokemon, but they have added only a few mechanics
>By that logic, XY, GS and HGSS had focus on Mewtwo
>Wasn't it made to make Battle Spot Gen 6 pokemon only?
>>
>>25771739
>concept art of vehicles
>"CONFIRMED",
>as a mechanic that is on par with gen revolutionising mechanisms such as abilities, physical/special split, Wish changes, mega evolution and not some story thing/minigame
I would advise you to go to a doctor.
>>
>>25771800
Ah, where now, I have to ask?
Citation needed, basically.
>>
>>25771800
Not him but we haven't, we've only seen concepts and a wireframe pokemon. Nothing from the actual game.
>>
Smogonfag confirmed. Mechanics are always the same, with little to no changes. It's the NEW POKÉMON and the NEW MOVES that define compatibility. New Pokémon and Moves equal New Gen
>>25771605
>>
Ok, no, new megas aren't new Pokemon, a, and b, a few lines then FOCUSES on the NEW LEGENDS. Learn to read. Finally, the pentagon was SUPPOSED to be a hack check, as was pokemon bank, because Gen 5 was just ridiculous with stupid cheaters who would give the smart people and event missers a bad rep. This cearly didn't work, as we hacked the 3ds, but still. It's simply in Gen 6, it's not specifically for Gen 6. >>25771727
>>
>>25771791
No, it has PERCEIVED holes that YOU want filled.
>>
>>25771791
You said the same thing about the original dragon.
>>
>>25771739
>It has already been established that it cannot.
I'm not arguing for or against but there hasn't been any mention of this.
>>
>>25771635
>>25771555
Gen 7, because there's no rule that says it can't continue X and Y's story similar to how GSC continued RBGY.

>new protagonists
Not saying that I disagree with you, but B2W2 had completely different protags from BW and it was still a Gen 5 game.

>>25774921
The article on Pokemon.com mentioned that Pokemon in X, Y, OR, and AS can only be brought forward to SM through Bank.
>>
>>25774976

Fuck, the second line was supposed to reply to >>25771635
>>
>>25771555
I'm with the second camp, except it needs a new region AND new Pokemon, otherwise it's 6.5.
>>
>>25771555
it will be gen 6.75 :^)
>>
Why is this even being discussed? The generation has always been based on batches of pokemon that were released at once (obviously the mythical count since they are in the games).
>>
>>25774802

>smogon

Kek what does smogon have to do with this
>>
>>25775112
It has always been based on sets of games with shared mechanics that are battle and trade compatible with each other
>>
>>25775222
Because apparently separating games based on how the fucking games work instead of muh region muh pokemon makes you a smogonfag.
>>
GS continued RB's story, was is Gen 2 or Gen 1.5?
>>
>>25771555
Gens are defined by graphisms

If it has XY/ORAS graphisms, it's Gen 6
If it has new ones, it's Gen 7
>>
File: pc.jpg (323 KB, 1181x609) Image search: [Google]
pc.jpg
323 KB, 1181x609
>>25771739
>New pokemon center

So it's finally settled
ORAS was Gen 7 all along and SM are Gen 8
>>
>>25771555
Gen 7 wins. New Pokemon. Duh. Can't have half a generation anyways
>>
>>25771727
Lets see you use Mega Metagross vs X&Y oh wait you can't
>>
>>25775517
So if they made Z version, added two new Pokemon, but left everything else the same as gen 6 that would be gen 7 to you?
>>
>>25775547

When people say "add new pokemon" they mean a full dex retard.
>>
>>25775547
Obviously I mean a new regional Pokedex, fucking retard
>>
>>25775572
And why don't two Pokemon count as a full dex?

This is why gen 7 fag logic is retarded, it's far more arbitrary and meaningless than dividing them by mechanics.

>>25775588
Ok so it's a regional dex with two new Pokemon and the rest is old Pokemon. I don't see the difference.
>>
>>25774911
No I didn't. I like that it remained as lore. Zygarde is different.
>>
>>25775608

>And why don't two Pokemon count as a full dex?

Ok, I know you're baiting now. Nobody could be this stupid.
>>
>>25775634
I.e. you can't give an actual reason

Like I said, arbitrary bullshit.
>>
>>25775608
Regional Dex is of an entirely new region, and if it was a new region with a new Mom a new professor etc but only introduced 2 Pokemon, then fine, I would call it a new gen still
>>
>>25775112
A select few people are being painfully retarded about this for some reason. I don't know why they want gen 6 to continue so badly.
>>
>>25771555
>ITT: autists arguing over the definition of a generation and not what is actually likely to be in the game
>>
>Gold and Silver continued RBY story
>new pokemon
>Gen 1.5
>>
>>25777829
>different mechanics
>gen 2
>>
>>25775439
>>25777829
It's Gen 2 because you start in Johto, not Kanto.

The only thing that's going to get everyone to shut the fuck up about this stupid nonissue is whether SM take place in a region specifically called Kalos or not. If it takes place in the land south of Kalos, but is called something else, it's Gen VII. If it's called Kalos, it's Gen VI.
>>
If there are new dex entries it is gen 7

Is /vp/ too retarded to understand this
>>
>>25777962
No, I already know the region is Hawaii. And I'm still convinced it's gen 6 regardless. Region has nothing to do with it
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 750x542) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 750x542
>>25777971
I guess we're still in Gen V then
>>
>>25778045
>This Pokemon was unavailable prior to Generation V
>No Pokedex entries before gen V

What are you trying to say dumb phone poster
>>
Generation 7 wins because generation 6 already lost - there is a new ear with new pokemon. Johto#2 is the top of the gen6 lovers. But that won't happen. Most likely Zygarde has nothing to do with the new generation.
>>
>>25778077
He saying there has been no new dex entries since gen 5
>>
>>25774802
>It's the NEW POKÉMON and the NEW MOVES that define compatibility. New Pokémon and Moves equal New Gen
Yeah, that's why ORAS is Gen 7
>b-but Megas and Primals are formes, not Pokémon
Alrighty, but XY and ORAS still aren't totally compatible, which never happened before during any generation.

I don't know if this shit will be Gen 6.5, 7, 3.14 or whatever, but GF surely fucked up the patterns between this gen and the past one. Which isn't necessarily bad.
>>
File: klefki.png (21 KB, 758x242) Image search: [Google]
klefki.png
21 KB, 758x242
>>25778045
No, we're in gen VI, and soon to be gen VII.
>>
>>25778272
Anon, what you're pointing out is a new Pokemon. The anon specifically said new Pokedex entries is what constitutes a new generation. Unless every single entry is new, it's not a new generation!

And here is where you realize that this entire Generation argument is just a bunch of useless semantics going back and forth
>>
>>25778344
>The anon specifically said new Pokedex entries is what constitutes a new generation.
>Unless every single entry is new, it's not a new generation!
No, you just fail at basic reading comprehension.
New pokedex entries does not mean all pokedex entries have to be new, it just means that some have to be new.
>>
>>25771555
G/S/C continued the story of R/B/Y and had new pokemon. It is a new gen. In that case, S/M would be gen 7. End of discussion.
>>
>>25778121
New Pokemon = New Generation
New Pokemon = New Dex entries
ORAS had 0 new Dex entries, thus it is in Gen 6
Discussion over.
>>
>>25778359
>you just fail at basic reading comprehension.
What a coincidence that you completely missed the most obvious sarcasm ever.
>>
>>25778359
>>25778433
You're just a faggot trying to find another way to imply that new pokemon = new generation
GF has broken many pzttern before, so maybe this one will be too

Gen 7 or not will be defined by the games graphisms (similar to XY/ORAS = Gen 6, distinct from these two = Gen 7)
>>
>>25778514
If your argument is that Game Freak has broken patterns before so relying on new pokemon is unreliable, then how is relying on graphics reliable either? Game Freak can break that pattern just as easily.
>>
NEW STARTERS DEFINE A GENERATION AND ALWAYS HAVE
>>
>>25778553
That was before half generations were a thing
>>
>>25778553
MECHANICS DEFINE A GENERATION AND ALWAYS HAVE
>>
>>25778571
Smogonfag pls go
>>
>>25778576
>WAAAH! STOP SEPARATING GAMES BY MEANINGFUL PROPERTIES OF THE GAMES! INSTEAD USE ARBITRARY BULLSHIT LIKE MUH STARTERS OR MUH REGION!
>>
>>25778580
Shouldnt you be banning pokemon that can defeat stall or something?
>>
What happens if they decide to make games compatible for as long as possible from now on? Do we never leave gen 6?
>>
>>25778576
You are like literally one anon with this one thing as an "argument"
You're implying so much that's just assumptions by saying "smogonfag lmoa"
Doesn't matter if any website defined it if it's the truth to begin with. They most likely use that to define why they separate generations in their simulator.
>>
>>25778923
Souldnt you be suspecting (lmao) some stall breaker just now?
>>
>>25778934
No, I'm not really all that good in competitive. I play stall/balance, but I actually like Hoopa Unbound. Haven't had much battling experience in the OR/AS metagame. Don't play Showdown much, sometimes watch showderp and that's more or less about it.
>>
>>25771605
>If it has the same graphics as Red Blue and Yellow
>Can battle with Red Blue and Yellow
>Can trade with Red Blue and Yellow
>Has the same mechanics as Red Blue and Yellow
>Has a subplot around Team Rocket to continue off Red Blue and Yellow
I guess Gold and Silver are gen 1?

You are beyond delusional anon.
>>
>>25779183
>>Has the same mechanics as Red Blue and Yellow
Nigger what are you saying? I believe the gen 2 meta, even with only gen 1 pokes, was vastly different from the first 4 games
>>
>>25771555
Still haven't seen anyone agree with that the whole "generation" system is going away
>>
>>25771572
Yes! No more "gen" labels
>>
Reminder that nobody won anything or got any advancements from winning the arguments of pre-X/Y. It doesn't matter.
>>
>>25779183
>Same mechanics as Red Blue and Yellow
>added a brand new primary stat
>Introduced 2 new types
?
>>
>>25779183
It can't battle, it doesn't have the same mechanics, and it doesn't have the same graphics. Try again.
>>
>>25775608
Yes, because we're obviously only getting a little bird and Magearna. That's it.

>>25777976
Okay, please end your life. As quickly as possible.
>>
File: hgss_redfight.gif (8 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
hgss_redfight.gif
8 KB, 256x192
>>25771555
>"It's gonna continue Red and Blue's story, so it's Gen 1.5!"
>"It's gonna involve Kanto, so it's Gen 1.5!"
Zfags say the darnedest things
>>
>>25781784
Gen 2 had different mechanics. That's why it's Gen 2.
>>
>>25781797
What mechanics were introduced in Gen V that couldn't have been done in a Gen IV side game?
>>
>>25781784

It was not both trade and battle compatible with gen 1, so it's gen 2.
>>
>>25781832
Type changes and move mechanic changes.
>>
>>25781832
>what mechanics did gen ____ introduce then?

this is my favorite shitpost because it shows the most basic lack of knowledge of the series. I'm sure most ten year olds who are just getting into the games at least have an awareness of the mechanics history.
>>
>>25778553

This. That is how the vast majority of people who actually matter see it.
>>
>>25781941
No, that's how retards who don't know what a generation is see it.

By that logic we could have a game with new mechanics and 200 new Pokemon but no new starters and to them it wouldn't be a new gen because "M-MUH STARTER BRO ;_:"
>>
>>25781969
this is currently the dumbest post on this site.
>>
>>25781941
>>25781985
lmop
>>
>>25778109
Your understanding of what dex entries are is alarmingly retarded. We me new unique pokemon added to the pokedex with new numbers, the contents of the entries has no bearing on the discussion at all.
>>
File: oh fug XDDDDDDDD.jpg (56 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
oh fug XDDDDDDDD.jpg
56 KB, 722x349
Reading this thread, it seems like most people are getting hung up on a singular thing that defines a generation. Why can't it be a combination of things? So far for each generation, we can simplify it to three basic changes.

>New Pokemon species
>New Region with a new Professor.

So what happens if Sun and Moon don't meet all these criteria? Lets look at the facts first.

>Unresolved mysteries from XY point to Kalos coming back in the near future
>Zygarde is being heavily marketed in media outside of the main games to make up for the lack of a "Z" Version, but this does not necessarily prove nor disprove any Zygarde involvement in SM until further information of the story is revealed.
>Sun and Moon are implied to take place in new places (possibly based on Hawaii due to evidence similar to what led people to believe that Gen 6 would take place in a France-based region) but it is not confirmed whether it is a new region or an extension of Kalos (think how B2W2 introduced four new towns)
>Magearna and the teased bird Pokemon lead us to believe new Pokemon will definitely be introduced in SM, pointing to one of the criteria for a new generation. However, this is also a major point of contention since some people believe that due to the small amount of Pokemon introduced in XY, a "second half" of the Kalos Pokedex will be introduced in SM.

On top of the fact that we as a fanbase have never had to define what a Generation was, there's too little information to make definitive conclusions on whether SM will be Gen 7 or if a Generation truly can be "extended".

You can shrug this post off if you want based on your own definition, but based on what we can boil a Generation down to, we won't know for sure until a new region with a Professor that is not Sycamore is confirmed.
>>
>>25782724
There are basically confirmed new species, but the thing is, it shouldn't matter too much. I mean, we have megas, which break compatibility a good amount. No reason not to do that with "unique dex entries" if so. The thing that would make it not gen 6 is mechanical changes in battles, such as changing the Sleep status definitions yet again.
People don't get this
and yet
"new mons = new gen lmoa"
>>
Fuck it, let's answer this the right way:
http://strawpoll.me/7240175
>>
>>25782834
>new story
but B2/W2?
>>
>>25782762
I was going to include mechanical changes, but to what degree? You could argue ORAS introduced new battle mechanics in the form of Primals, Desolate Land, Primordial Sea, and Delta Stream.
>>
>"A WHOLE NEW WORLD OF GAMEPLAY MECHANICS TO DISCOVER!"
>>
>>25782865
Primals are basically Megas that have code forcing them to "mega evolve" as they switch in.
Abilities are a bit iffy. We've seen Black / White Kyurem's abilities which are just Mold Breaker I know, but
>>25782896
>marketing terms
>>
>>25782762
Yes because mechanics are such a great way of separating things. Do you know right now if there will be new mechanics? Clearly you don't, since you are questioning the fact that it is gen 7 (and yes it is an undeniable fact.)

Now, go back over EVERY other spoiler period for a new gen and check carefully - new pokemon are spoiled in every single spoiler period. Do you know what isn't spoiled? Mechanics. Yet every gen has been labelled BEFORE RELEASE (barring perhaps gen 1 and 2, due to obvious reasons.)

Now, heres a good hypothetical - lets say that we are stuck on 3DS for the foreseeable future, so there is no new hardware to force us forwards. The next 8 games all share the same game mechanics, 4 of them are remakes (Red/Green and Diamond/Pearl) and all 8 can freely battle and trade. There is one exception however - after the first 4 games (the original entries into the gen, and the remakes) a set of roughly 100 new pokemon were added. None of those can be traded or can battle across gens, and any new moves, items or abilities added at the same time are simply excluded along with the pokemon.

Are all 8 games the same gen or not?

Then take it a step further - 2 more games come out, adding yet another 100 pokemon, but otherwise can still battle/trade, with the same restrictions in place. Which gen is that?

Because by our standards that should be 3 separate gens, but by 6.5érs those pokemon clearly don't mean anything if they can still trade and battle, right? Even if those new pokemon immediately preclude 100% compatibility, right?
>>
>>25783005
>(and yes it is an undeniable fact.)
Not really, there's lots of reasons to doubt 7th gen right now. It's just illogical for Game Freak to take this step, but sure whatever if they wanna waste opportunities like that
>>
>>25783027
There is no reason to doubt it when literally everything related to Sun/Moon news has pointed to gen 7. (Or at the least has not pointed to gen 6.)

Since Magearna was previewed, list even one thing related to Sun and Moon that points to gen 6. (And yes you have to prove it relates to SuMo AND Gen 6, with no hypothetical leaps of logic.)

I guarantee you won't find anything, since literally everything has been based on linking SuMo's logo's to X/Y content, which is precisely NOT what the Gamefreak is doing for SuMo.
>>
>>25783097
There's only no reason for doubt in your head because it all makes sense there. In my head, there's so much leaning towards each side, but I just can't ignore the fact that Game Freak would leave the whole of gen 6 unfinished and make it basically the worst gen. I'm not biased here, I hate Kalos goddamn much as it is, but why would anyone want a generation to be bad? I don't think even Game Freak would like it to stay like that.
>>
>>25783154
Gen 6 isn't even bad. And it is literally done, all they could do is add the Zygarde forms, which is a massive waste of time and potential.

Gen 7 makes a LOT of sense, and as I said, all RELEVANT news points towards it. Irrelevant fan theories have no weight at all.
>>
File: disappointds.png (15 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
disappointds.png
15 KB, 750x750
>>25783233
> all they could do is add the Zygarde forms, which is a massive waste of time and potential
Tengen Hoopa Gurdurr Laga
>Gen 6 isn't even bad
You disagree for the sake of disagreeing, dude. It's so forced.
You know the whole of gen 6 was a goddamn disappointment, especially to what the lore has been building up oh so much. No reason to waste on three/four games in a next generation on a single piece of lore when you can develop that in the generation which it was born in.
>>
>>25783233
>Irrelevant fan theories have no weight at all.

They're not irrelevant just because you don't like them.

The fact of the matter is:
>There are two Zygarde moves preprogrammed in XY just like Kyurem had two moves preprogrammed in BW, and even the moves names possibly allude to S/M the same way Kyurem's moves alluded to fire and electricity
>They lowered Zygarde's stats in comparison of Xerneas and Yveltal in anticipation for a new forme just like Kyurem
>Zygarde has hexagons in its chest that exactly match the XYSM logo colors
>Giratina and Kyurem's powered up formes were featured in the same generations they were introduced
>There are EXACTLY two pentagon slots left meant to work with XY and ORAS
>AZ Floette is still undistributed
>You get a tradeable Strange Souvenir that does nothing for some reason almost certainly from the region in SM

all of this points to SM still being gen 6. And we STILL don't have a single screenshot of these games. I have no reason to believe they're gen 7. Yes it will have new Pokemon. Yes it will have a new region. But it won't be gen 7 because everything else will be gen 6.
>>
>>25783270
Fuck you, I actually liked everything about gen 6, and the only misstep was no frontier, which would have been the icing on the cake.

Seriously, /vp/ as a whole is so stuck up it's own asshole they can't help but be the biggest contrarians on the planet. Gen 6 was well liked by literally everyone outside of /vp/.

Oh, and lets talk about lore, huh? How about that original dragon that clearly doesn't exist? Did we need B3/W3 for those? No, we didn't. Fuck off with you tantrum over ">muh unfinished gen" bullshit, it isn't even relevant because it has happened before, lore wise.
>>
>>25783324
And literally none of that has anything more than an ephemeral unconfirmed connection to Sun/Moon.

While all the media surrounding SuMo is pointing to gen 7. Literally nothing connects to gen 6.

Those theories are the most literal form of denial.
>>
"Gen 6 is worst/unfinished, can't believe GF would conclude it already"
Are people actually retarded? Lore wise Kalos can certainly be lacking but as a game it's done as fuck. It was a succes, a great introduction to the new engine/hardware/generation and that's it. That's what game freak sees. We are the only ones asking for new lore, for expansion, for completion. GF wants to continue off the current successes and do it big with a new Gen, introducing new Pokemon once more with a new region that has new landscapes and themes. "New adventure, New World, New Pokemon" next era.
GF sees no reason to-
Oh wait.
>What if Kalos was phase one....
>What if Kalos was part of the master Anniversary plan.
>What if it was to set the foundation for a new giant great generation with this new engine and insane big pokedex but because the project was so grand they had to split it.
>Kalos introduces the new setting, a bit of the new dex, new features, new engine and sets the scene.
>OrAs was a quick remake to try and master the new engine and such while they were busy with SuMo.
>Skip a year of main games so they can complete Project Niji to its fullest.

My god....
It's not gen 6, 6,5 or 7....
It's gen X.

Hm...tbfh I actually hate myself for theorizing this mid-me trying to blow 6.5ers the fuck out, I actually do not want Kalos/PokEurope continuation.
Just give me Hawaii and let's move on pls.
>>
>>25783389
Hawaii's a given. Zygarde being bound to Kalos heavily implies a return to it mid-adventure, or the other way around.
>>
>>25783436
No, that isn't implied at all. If anything, Zygarde would be in (insert new region here) for (insert plot point here) reason. At best we might get to go back to a fragment of Kalos in postgame for a sidequest.
>>
I theorized that exact thing >>25783436
That's also what I want, the CouriwayTrainTheory +Hawaii is way better than just new region with Zygarde mid plot.
>>
>>25783348
>While all the media surrounding SuMo is pointing to gen 7

There is no media pointing to gen 7. It's all marketing nonsense. I'd rather follow the actual information leftover from gen 6.
>>
>>25783470
That's not what we're discussing atm. See later replies, before making a hasty reply.
>>
>>25783530
>New pokemon
>Showing all the games in order with a new entry revealed as SuMo
>Language points towards a new gen more than not
>Concept art doesn't fit any existing region

And which parts of it point to gen 6 at all? At least I have straws to grasp at, you are in complete freefall.
>>
>>25783509
Couriway Train? Isn't that where bonbon leaves his baguette note behind? What was the note anyway?
>>
>>25783561
You are discussing shitty theories about Zygarde being a main focus. But it won't be. So I am shooting down your bullshit before you delude yourselves even further.
>>
>>25783588
Don't worry about me, anon. I've delved into the depths perhaps too much already. I'm gonna be BTFO the most when it's announced gen 7, I know this already.
and it's not really shitty, you're just not seeing obvious connections that even Game Freak borderline reveal that they are using.
>>
>>25783436
>Hawaii's a given
Hagrid

>Zygarde being bound to Kalos heavily implies a return to it mid-adventure, or the other way around.
Cause GF sure cared about the lore when they started to thrown every older gen legends on various micro islands in every games from Gen III onward...
>>
>>25783575
>>New pokemon
If you think so
>>Showing all the games in order with a new entry revealed as SuMo
Sure, but can't deny it's for hype reasons
>>Language points towards a new gen more than not
I guess this could say something, but probably not
>>Concept art doesn't fit any existing region
There's a reason it's called concept art. Besides, I think they would only trace back to making concept art for Kalos if they were rebranding it as part of 7th gen where it would have to be redesigned a great amount.
This point is also supported on how the model file structure in 6th gen is and the jump from X/Y to OR/AS aka supported by the game itself.
>And which parts of it point to gen 6 at all? At least I have straws to grasp at, you are in complete freefall.
All lore in the three past years.
Norse mythology is a big part of the lore and has Zygarde in a pretty big role. Fenrir is a major point here, as it has connections to the sun and the moon.
Complete Zygarde has the colors of the games' logos / color of the legends on its chest. It's foreshadowing if anything. Can't really say anything else until more info.
>>
>>25783664
>Hagrid
Harry?
>Cause GF sure cared about the lore when they started to thrown every older gen legends on various micro islands in every games from Gen III onward...
It's a part of Hoopa's lore. Quite known to the people who have played OR/AS.
>>
File: gen7fag.png (57 KB, 604x578) Image search: [Google]
gen7fag.png
57 KB, 604x578
>>
>>25783615
Oh, I see a few connections, but I also see blatant reaching and stuff that obvious was discarded after the concept stage and never completely removed.

I don't blame you entirely, but if you think for a second it isn't gen 7, it will be on your head when the BTFO brigade marches through and you get caught by the crossfire.
>>
>>25783575
I already said there are new Pokemon and new region. But these don't point to gen 7 explicitly. They'll still be gen 6.

And these are anniversary celebration games. Of course they're going to point out previous games.
>>
File: image_2.jpg (139 KB, 699x600) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
139 KB, 699x600
>>25783748
Shit good
>>
>>25783718
>literally agreeing with 90% of what I said, if only grudgingly
>then instantly ignoring how I said "things related to SuMo" and "after Magearna"

Without using anything already in gen 6 before Magearna was previewed, has anything related to SuMo linked backwards to X/Y? Take as much time as you need.
>>
>>25783748
I can't help but laugh at this when 6.5 fags have literally failed to prove their own theory, let alone disprove the new pokemon theory.

Fucking kek.
>>
>stuff that obvious was discarded after the concept stage and never completely removed.
Cite those sources any day, baby.
>I don't blame you entirely, but if you think for a second it isn't gen 7, it will be on your head when the BTFO brigade marches through and you get caught by the crossfire.
Don't care, honestly.
>>
>>25783769
Except new pokemon (and don't make me repeat the exact details, you know by now) means new gen.

And nothing related to SuMo news is connected to gen 6. Gen 6 faglords just keep applying gen 6 stuff to new info and saying its proof.
>>
>>25783838
Does the new generation come first or do the new Pokémon come first, anon?
>>
>>25783832
Like you can cite a single source (official) for ANY of the shit you are spewing.

Go on, I am waiting.
>>
>>25783799
>being skeptical is agreeing
lmpoa
>>
>>25783851
Same time obviously. We use the new pokemon to confirm the gen (which has always happened before the games come out, so kek mechanics fags, you get blown out during every spoiler season.)
>>
>>25783838
>Except new pokemon

No. Different set of incompatible mechanics do.
>>
>>25783884
Yeah, except we know a new gen long before you even get to check your mechanics you dumbass.

Literally every part of your theory is shit.
>>
>>25783799
Magearna spotted in Azoth Kingdom, was it?
Everything that the next movie details.
That's about it without mentioning that it all links to lore in XY/ORAS.
>>
>>25783909
Then let's wait until the 3rd, anon. It'll all come together there.
>>
>>25783915
>anime has something to do with the games!
Except history tells us the anime does it's own thing. Also, there is no link to Sun and Moon in any of that (barring Magearna itself, but every mythical gets storylines unrelated to the games.)

>>25783935
Yes, B, T, F and O will all come together to B you TFO.
>>
>>25783815
You know someone has lost the argument went all they can do is insult the other side
>>
>>25783965
Whatever, I said I already know this.
>>
>>25784021
Then want to actually take a crack at being the first to do either? Because you would be remembered in song and story anon. I promise you.
>>
I'm tired and bored ad people.
I'd like a good list of arguments with sources from both 6.5ers and 7ers
Maybe someone has some logical list of reasons
>>
File: gen6sunmoon.png (169 KB, 1322x732) Image search: [Google]
gen6sunmoon.png
169 KB, 1322x732
>>25784080
>>
Reasons for gen 6.5 only right?
>>25784088
>>
>>25784235
Yes, but don't ever use "6.5", just day gen 6. The .5 thing is just a label with no clear definitions, like how feminism is these days.
>>
>>25784235
Clearly, thats why there are no actual mentions of anything relevant revealed in the SuMo spoils, and its all autistic theoryshit.
>>
I don't understand why people believe that just because Gen 6 left some unresolved issues, it means that we have to have them resolved by the end of the Generation.

What I find to be far more likely than a "Gen 6.5" (which I personally do not believe can exist) is that it's going to be Generation 7, but with ties to Generation 6. Essentially, Sun/Moon will be to X/Y what Gold/Silver was to Red/Green. This can be supported by all of the Kanto Pandering the Kalos Region has, such as Professor Sycamore giving out the Kanto Starters, Santalune Forest, Lapras Giveaway, etc. There is also the fact that the colors on Zygarde's chest have an orange color and a light blue color in between the blue, white, and red, orange and light blue being the colors of Sun/Moon. There is also the fact that the concept art for the one location we saw in the Sun/Moon reveal trailer showed that the location is quite tropical, which Southern Kalos is supposed to be as well (in fact, Kiloude City is very tropical on it's own, and it is said to be a prime example of Southern Kalosian life).

Everybody here seems dead-set on the idea that if it's Gen 7, it has to be completely new and move on from Gen 6. Or, they think that we're going to get "Gen 6.5" instead because Gen 6 wasn't totally resolved. Very rarely have I seen people actually consider the possibility that both are actually the same thing, with different labels.
>>
>>25784397
See >>25784281
>>
A new region with a new set of Pokemon would be introduced in the next Pokemon games right? That's how it has always been right?
That's what we have defined as a generation for years.
You have the first generation: set amount of Pokemon and set region. R/B/Y
Second generation: set amount of new Pokemon and new region. G/S/C
Third generation: new set of Pokemon and a new region. R/S/E.
Now, Fr/Lg were introduced, however there were no new set of Pokemon and no new region. This is still Gen III
Generation four: new set of Pokemon and a new region. D/P/Pt
Like with gen 3 a remake was introduced but no new set of Pokemon and no new region. This is still gen IV
Generation five: new set of Pokemon, new region.
B/W.
Now here's a switch up, no third version, no remake but a sequel. The sequel had a slight change to the region but no new Pokemon were introduced other than forms which were still accessible in B/W. We all still see B2/W2 as gen 5, don't even try to refute this.
Generation six: new region, new set of Pokemon.
X/Y.
We got generation 3 remakes but no new region and no new Pokemon were added other than mega-evolutions which are a battle mechanic/temporary form. We see OrAs as gen 6 as well.
So, let me say this once.
If there is a new pair of main series games that introduces a new region and a new set of Pokemon, then that's defined as a new generation. No matter if you can travel to an older region, gen 2 (and 4) did that too.
So far sun and moon has revealed 2 new Pokemon, with major hints to a new region, if we get more Pokemon and it is indeed a new region, it will be a new generation okay? No gen 6.5, just 7. Period to the whole discussion okay?
Everyone who disagrees, please refute this logic with other, actual logic. Don't come with mechanics/ engines etc. no gimmicks. Just yes or no and why yes or why no.
>>
>>25784664
whatever
>>
New compatibility with a new set of battle mechanics would be introduced in the next Pokemon games right? That's how it has always been right?
That's what we have defined as a generation for years.
You have the first generation: first defined the mechanics and compatibility. R/B/Y
Second generation: Isn't battle compatible with gen I and introduces new mechanics like Dark/Steel type and split special types. G/S/C
Third generation: isn't battle and trade compatible with Gen II and introduces abilities and natures. R/S/E.
Now, Fr/Lg were introduced, however, it shares mechanics and is compatible with R/S/E. This is still Gen III
Generation four: Physical/special split. Can't battle with Gen III. Still Gen IV.
Like with gen 3 a remake was introduced but no new mechanics and still compatible with D/P/Pt. This is still Gen IV.
Generation five: New mechanics and changed Rotom's type. Can't battle with Gen 4. B/W.
Generation six: fairy type and new mechanics, can't battle with Gen V.
X/Y.
We got generation 3 remakes but still same battle mechanics and can battle with X/Y.
So, let me say this once.
If there is a new pair of main series games that introduces same mechanics and same compatibility, then that's defined as a same generation. No matter if it introduces new Pokemon.
No gen 7, just 6. Period to the whole discussion okay?
Everyone who disagrees, please refute this logic with other, actual logic. Don't come with pokemon/ region etc. no gimmicks. Just yes or no and why yes or why no.
>>
>>25784397
>>25784664
>>25784741
jfc dude just let it die
>>
File: notsamefag.png (7 KB, 404x150) Image search: [Google]
notsamefag.png
7 KB, 404x150
>>25784777
>>
>>25785062
wasn't implying samefagging, but damn could you not let it die already anyway
watch the page number in the corner rise
>>
>>25784777
Aye, get up an about
"Gen 3 remakes, can still battle with X/Y"
But not if you intend to use primal scream in those battles? It's a mechanic alright, wether it's an ability based 'mega-evo' or not it's called something else and works differently.
Oh wait, that would mean OrAs is another generation! Oh no!
Get yo ass the fuck out up out of here.
Not a single person on this planet has said "there are new mechanics so it's a new generation" as their first every argument as to why it's a new gen. It's new Pokemon, new region, holla.
Try and copy paste this please, I'm waiting on something hilaaaaaaarious.
Your argument is based way more on compatibility than just mechanics. You do realize that new Pokemon mean instant non-compatibility? Please let that sink in very well before you try this again.
>>
I'm glad to see this thread has gotten some more intelligent discussion than usual, but it's also ended all future discussion, at least to me. I'll remain excited to see Zygarde deniers get BTFO, but the whole 6.5/7 argument has lost its luster.

This is as far as the argument will go for now, but there needs to be an answer eventually. So I'm sure that when the games finally come out and the dust settles, they'll be considered gen 7; not because of overwhelming evidence, but just for convenience. Besides, the Johto comparison has finally won me over, so I'm sure it will for most people eventually.
>>
File: Believe.jpg (153 KB, 740x556) Image search: [Google]
Believe.jpg
153 KB, 740x556
>>25787098
Also,
>169 replies
>13 images
Maybe I'm only burned out because of how monotonous this is, holy shit.
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.