[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 22-Lilligant line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: poke777.png (254 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
poke777.png
254 KB, 480x480
Yesterday was all about the cotton Pokemon Cottonee and Whimsicott, today will be about the 2nd member line of this qt grass duo, Petilil and Lilligant.
My thoughts: Like Cottonee/Whimsicott, not much except that I think the designs are decent. I've heard good things about them competitive wise due to learning good moves like quiver dance and petal dance. So yeah, overall they're nice Pokemon, with not much else to say.
Oh and disclaimer: The sole purpose of these threads is to simply catalog each Pokemon line of Gen 5's dex in sequential order and ask your opinions on them: Whether you like or dislike them, and why. Don't worry, there is no biased conspiracy here that the "Unovabortions" are trying to make the Gen 5 Pokemon sound better than they are. Infact, I intend to do this with the other Gens once I'm finished with this one.
>>
>>25769305
Second best waifumon.
>>
>>25769305
The line is absolutely adorable. Back in gen V they had some threat potential from Sleep Powder + Quiver Dance. In addition, their own temp ability prevents confusion, allows for petal dancing without restriction. Sadly suffered from having only normal and grass moves in her arsenal (and Dream Eater for god knows why).

Gen VI was not kind to the line at all, with nerf of sleep powder and priority bravebird running about
>>
One of my all time favorite grass types. Lilligant is one of those pokemon has the potential to be good but lacks the tools to be effective. What she lacks is attacking moves outside of her STAB(do not fucking say the weak ass hidden power) which makes her walled by a ton of shit. Even if she did have a movepool, the existence of Talonflame will prevent her from easily demolishing teams. She will never be top tier, but she didn't have the movepool that would make her heavily support-relent, she would've been a nearly flawless waifumon to have around.
>>
>>25769341
>>25769456
did any of you guys get a use out of dream eater at all?
>>
>>25769305
Worst pokemon design. Lazy as fuck and retarded. Clearly made to please autistic waifufags.
>>
>>25769305
Lilligant is my second favorite Pokemon of all time and my favorite fully evolved Pokemon overall. I'm really hoping it gets a Mega Evolution in Sun/Moon.
>>
>>25769920
I solo-ed the elite 4 and champion on B2 with her (I did it for the badge). She knew sleep powder, quiver dance, petal dance and dream eater. It was fun to use.
>>
Love to run her with 3 dance moves + sleep powder vs my friends
Also nice design and a qt
>>
>>25769305
Only pokephiles like it
>>
>>25769948
>for kids
>>
>>25769948
>Lazy as fuck and retarded
>Implying you can design orignal and visually pleasing plant waifus
Found the retard
>>
>>25769305
The fact it doesn't have mouth makes it cuter.
>>
>>25769305
Pretty good
I hate Gen V but she's a qt
>>
>>25769305
Easily my favorite Gen 5 line. They're cute and fun to use in battle. Pretty much everything you could ask for.
>>
One of the cuter lines in gen 5. I actually bred for a shiny in gen 6. Nice design and one of the few that actually looks good shiny
>>
Stop making these threads.
>>
>>25769305
Second favorite Pokemon. It's a shame it's so limited with what it can do.
>>
>>25770321
There are tons of threads that are always filled with shitposting that get recreated all the time. This isn't one of them. This is a pokémon discussion board and that's exactly what people do in these threads. We discuss specific pokémon lines. If you don't like it because it's about gen 5, then just hide the threads. These are better than any thread that devolves into children shitposting and starting genwars or those that start out that way.

In short, Fuck off.
>>
As a Gen V faggot, one of my favorite designs, and absolutely fantastic for ingame runthroughs. That said, it's an abysmal Mon for anything online, due to Bravest "Dude Fuck Anything With A Flying Weakness Lmao" Bird running amok.

I could never decide which of the Grass lines in Gen V I liked better, this one or Whimsicott's.
>>
File: makeme2012.jpg (50 KB, 640x370) Image search: [Google]
makeme2012.jpg
50 KB, 640x370
>>25770321
>>
I like Lilligant more than the Whimsi line. It was a solid choice to use in game for Unova. No real issues with it, really. It is one of the few 'mon I hope gets some Mega love in the future.
>>
>>25770370
I like gen 5, that's the reason why I'm tired of it getting this kind of special treatment. We're almost at Gen 7 and people are STILL hung up over 5. Let it go.
>>
>>25770413
>Infact, I intend to do this with the other Gens once I'm finished with this one.
nigga u dum
>>
One of the best Grass-types out there.
>>
lilligant and petilil are super fucking cute and two of my pokemon. my favorite type is grass so i make it a priority to complete each gen with a mono-grass team, and lilligant was really fun to work with. i liked abusing sleep powder + quiver dance + petal dance. also petilil looks really nice with budew, and lilligant with roserade. and this >>25770004
>>
no coverage but still an amazing pokemon
>>
>>25769305
Incredibly cute with an elegant design. I do think the Whimsicott line is more adorable and useful in battle though.
>>
>>25769305
As long as you do every gen then I approve.
Dont be unfair to other gens.
>>
File: real nice.jpg (6 KB, 198x254) Image search: [Google]
real nice.jpg
6 KB, 198x254
>own tempo
>petal dance
>110 base spa
>plus that sleep powder and quiver dance
used it for the first time in my most recent white run (apppoximately one month ago) and fucked everyone's shit up twice inside out
>>
Hey delete this thread please
>>
>>25770407
I'd like to see Mega Lilligant as well but I'm not sure what it would look like without stepping on Bellossom or Roserade's toes design wise.

Guess that's why I don't work at Gamefreak.
>>
>>25771434
OP, yes I do plan on doing all the other Gens. Also, this won't be a "which Gen is the best" at the end. Simply cataloging a Gen's dex in sequential order and telling us whether you like/dislike them and why.

I plan to do Gen 6 after Gen 5. Best to get the smallest dex out of the way.
>>
grass-waifu/10
>>
It's shit, like all Gen 5 Pokemon.

God Unova fucking sucks.
>>
File: 1458522342033.png (96 KB, 300x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458522342033.png
96 KB, 300x1200
>>25769305
was happy to have a liligant with me as i played through Y

the games are never hard and never have been so i couldn't say if she was good or bad - she did precisely her job when I needed it and that's fine with me

her visual design is pleasing for obvious reasons - she's adorable
>>
File: 1446207472965.png (457 KB, 805x1001) Image search: [Google]
1446207472965.png
457 KB, 805x1001
>>
quiver dance petal dance,adorable and waifu
>>
>>25769305

If it has one or two more coverage moves it would literally be perfect.

As it stands all it needs is something like power gem or Discharge/thunderbolt to really be a threat.
>>
File: 1223548358.png (37 KB, 718x479) Image search: [Google]
1223548358.png
37 KB, 718x479
>>25773681
>>
>>25773681
I know right? Pokemon fell to shit after the gift from god that is gen 4. Anyone who disagrees must be 12!
>>
>tfw Game Freak fucking hates grass types and won't give them near universal access to Earth Power/Power Gem so they don't have to rely on one of the shittiest offensive types in the game
Honestly, the biggest recurring problem with grass Pokemon is no coverage. If they could give them proper coverage moves like they gave pretty much all Water types Ice moves, Grass wouldn't be such a throwaway typing.

Anyway, I adore Lillagant, I used one in my original White run, Own Tempo Petal Dance was a blessing.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.