[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Gen 5 only had two games >Gen 6 only had two games Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: 1423105087734.jpg (70 KB, 594x480) Image search: [Google]
1423105087734.jpg
70 KB, 594x480
>Gen 5 only had two games
>Gen 6 only had two games

Is this the new meme? We either get a rerelease or a remake, not both?
>>
>>25769035
Unova was completed though
>>
>>25769035
>Is this the new meme

yes anon, everything is a meme
>>
What are you talking about? Gen 6 has 6 games.
>>
>>25769035
>two games
>Black, white, black 2, white 2

That's more than 2 games if I'm counting right. Gen 6 doesn't deserve any more games tbqh.
>>
I heard from my dad who works for nintendo that Gen VII will have 0 games and gamefreak are going straight to Gen VIII
>>
BW2 are part of Gen 5 you idiot
>>
>>25769966
Stop
>>
>>25770374
Well my dad told me that Nintendo is just going straight to gen x
>>
>>25770839
Stop what? That's correct.

X and Y
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
Sun and Moon

that's 6 games.
>>
>>25769035
Third versions don't count as one more game if the two original versions count as the same game.
>>
>>25770931
>still thinking Sun and Moon are Gen 6.5
>>
File: 1458161212127.png (175 KB, 1053x1070) Image search: [Google]
1458161212127.png
175 KB, 1053x1070
>>25771032
>being baited this easily.
>>
>>25771040
>hur durr pretending to be retard
>>
>>25771032
I have no reason not to think that.
>>
File: zsdd.jpg (253 KB, 1062x912) Image search: [Google]
zsdd.jpg
253 KB, 1062x912
>>25771032
>still thinking they arent
>>
File: d-generation-x.jpg (57 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
d-generation-x.jpg
57 KB, 600x300
>>25770916
well MY dad said it's really going to be d-generation x
>>
>>25771055
is this pic a compilation of the most arbitrary shit you could come up with?
>>
>>25771088
SM colors being on perfect Zygarde alongside XY ones, and a sun and a moon being on XY opening screens is arbitrary shit?
How in denial can one be?
>>
>>25770297

stop being an idiot. obviously BW is considered one game and BW2 is one game. same with XY and ORAS.
>>
>>25771136
Also throw in the fact that they put Zygarde's moves in XY exactly the same way they did with Kyurem's moves in BW and for some reason they specifically made 2 more pentagons slots compatible with XY and ORAS.

But of course gen 7 fags are just going to hand wave it as unused data because for some reason it's better to assume it's going to go unused because it fits their delusion.
>>
>>25771151
>Also throw in the fact that they put Zygarde's moves in XY exactly the same way they did with Kyurem's moves in BW

Let's not forget how these moves link to SM
Thousands Arrows (sun rays) and Thousands Waves (moon tides)
>>
>>25771054
You have every reason in the world to not think that
>>
>>25771280
No I don't.
>>
>>25771054
That's called brain damage.
>>
>Muh patterns

By your logic, all generations only had two games except gen one.
>>
>>25771295
>Half Gen has never happened and doesn't make sense
>Same Gen with completely new name scheme has never happened and doesn't make sense
>20th Anniversary wasted on sequels?
>New Pokemon shown
>Advertised as new gen with new region
vs.
>Some Game Theory level fan speculation seeing hints in random ass details based on some super complicated, super grasping at straws mythology bullshit that can be made for any other legendary with enough time
>>
>the new meme
Stop

>Gen 5 only had two games
It had four, actually

>Gen 6 only had two games
If you wanna count remakes, it had 4 also.
Otherwise, it only needed 2

If Gen 7 is gonna be to Gen 6 what Gen 2 was to Gen 1, then, yes, it only needed 2.
>>
>>25771345
>never happened
They're breaking the patterns. That argument doesn't matter anymore.

>20th Anniversary wasted on sequels?
How would it be wasted? They already have Go and the Super Bowl ad for normies, and even then anything would be ok, particularly if they just don't try to do anything new.

>Advertised as new gen with new region
That has yet to happen.

>Some Game Theory level fan speculation seeing hints in random ass details
I didn't think you were talking about that Hawaii stuff.

>mythology bullshit that can be made for any other legendary with enough time
It's not as much about that as it is about the fact that everything right now is Kalos-centric and Sun and Moon would fit with X and Y perfectly.
>>
>>25771345
>>Half Gen has never happened and doesn't make sense
I said gen 6 in my original post.

>>Same Gen with completely new name scheme has never happened and doesn't make sense
Because these are 20th anniversary games. Of course they have a different naming scheme. There weren't games that had sequel numbers in the title until BW2 happened either. GF is allowed to break patterns.

>>20th Anniversary wasted on sequels?
They can still be indirect sequels.

>>New Pokemon shown
Yeah? What about it?

>>Advertised as new gen with new region
Advertising it as a new gen doesn't make it a new gen. They advertised ORAS having a new world.

>>Some Game Theory level fan speculation seeing hints in random ass details based on some super complicated, super grasping at straws mythology bullshit that can be made for any other legendary with enough time

It's not straw graspy at all. There are 2 Zygarde moves which may possibly allude to the game titles, 2 pentagon slots, Zygarde just happens to have two extra hexagons that match the logo colors, Zygarde hasn't been in a 6th gen game yet. The Strange Souvenir is given to you yet it has no use in XY, giving an implication that trading it to another game gives you something.

I have no reason to think this is gen 7.
>>
>>25771379
>Breaking patterns
That's not a pattern, half gens don't make sense, and how are they breaking patterns?
>Didn't watch the trailer with the gen count down ending in this year
>See above
>Nice deflecting instead of refuting faggot
>Everything is Kalos-centric
Because we are still in Gen 6 until the new games come out son
>>25771386
>New Pokemon revealed automatically disqualifies it for direct Gen 6
>*facepalm* B2W2 had same name theme because they were called Black and White. Tell me how XY and Sun and Moon names are in anyway related. This isn't about patterns, this is about following basic logic
>Still a waste
>New Pokemon = New Gen, the definition used unanimously for the past 20 years until you gen 6.5fags showed up.
>World/Gen, again, the gen countdown
>"May possible" that means I'm 100% believe it will link to my theory hurr durr/Pentagon means nothing/XY has Zygarde, just not all forms/Items have done nothing before, it could be a trophy item
>No reason to think it's Gen 7
The fact that New Pokemon have been shown should be 100% infallible reason to think it's a new gen for anyone with even a single IQ point
>>
>>25771474
The concept of gens only exist because the games always followed a pattern.

>New Pokemon = New Gen, the definition used unanimously for the past 20 years
Nope, most people always interpreted it as meaning more than that. If they added new Pokémon in like Emerald or Platinum we would have had this debate back then.
>>
File: 1459324233091.png (82 KB, 980x1068) Image search: [Google]
1459324233091.png
82 KB, 980x1068
>>25771474
>>New Pokemon = New Gen, the definition used unanimously for the past 20 years until you gen 6.5fags showed up.
>>
File: 1253584988037.png (98 KB, 308x231) Image search: [Google]
1253584988037.png
98 KB, 308x231
>>25771375
>>25770297

>hurr 4 games

Man you guys are retarded. BW or XY are ONE GAME. They are just two versions of the same game. BW2 is another game, and ORAS is another game. Obviously the point here is iterations of games.

Gen 3 and 4 had three iterations of games: initial release (RS and DP), rerelease (Emerald and Platinum), and a remake (FRLG and HGSS). Gen 5 and 6 only have two of the above.
>>
>>25771528
>Using Smogon as your source for anything
How about using the definition of people who actually play the game rather than red tape the whole thing.
By that definition, how do you separate Gens at all? They all have similar mechanics with onlty a few changes between games, even among those within the same gen.
>>25771526
Weird how 90% of the time you here people talk about a generation in pokemon, they are referring to the pokemon, as if they have something to do with the definition.
>>
>>25771151

>gen 7 fags

you guys need to chill with this shit. The games aren't even out and you're already starting gen wars. The autism is strong.
>>
>>25771599
>Weird how 90% of the time you here people talk about a generation in pokemon, they are referring to the pokemon, as if they have something to do with the definition.
Except that isn't true.

>unanimously
>s-smogon doesn't count b-because i personally dont like them!!!!!
>>
>>25771599
>says people used a definition unanimously for 20 years
>shows something that proves it wasn't used unanimously
>WAAAH THAT DOESN'T COUNT

fuck off gen 7 fag.

>They all have similar mechanics with onlty a few changes between games, even among those within the same gen.
No they don't. They all have distinct mechanics, changing any of which would break battling compatibility.

Gen 1 can't battle with Gen 2 because Gen 2 has two new types and different stats.

Gen 3 can't battle with Gen 4 because Gen 4 has a physical/special split.

Gen 4 can't battle with Gen 5 because Gen 5's sleep counters work differently.

Also every gen has move/ability effects altered which also changes mechanics. It's a clean and simple way to distinguish all of them.
>>
>>25771637
Ok maybe I was exaggerating, but still, the vast majority of people refer to gens mostly when talking about the pokemon
>>25771677
First you say mechanics, now it's compatibility, pick one. ORAS isn't fully battle compatible since new things added to ORAS clash with XY. Does that make ORAS not fully gen 6 since it's not fully compatible? No, because that definition is stupid
>>
>>25769035
but you're wrong though
>>
>>25771742
>First you say mechanics, now it's compatibility

Mechanics and compatibility are linked. If the mechanics are different they can't be compatible. ORAS is still compatible with XY regardless of the things that clash because you can simply take them out of your party and it still works. But if they say, added a new stat in ORAS, which is a new mechanic, it couldn't battle AT ALL with XY because it contradicts the way XY does stat calculation.
>>
>>25771742
>the vast majority of people refer to gens mostly when talking about the pokemon
Nope.

>it's compatibility
Yeah, you're right, that's one more thing that has been constant.

>No, because that definition is stupid
This entire debate is stupid.

Again, if they added new Pokémon in Platinum or whatever people would have debated it still count as gen 4 even though new Pokémon were there, as everything else would have been the same.
>>
>>25771780
You do realize that there are many mechanics that don't affect battle compatibility right? They are not the same thing
>>25771785
>Nice argument
>Doesn't add anything
>But they didn't. Gamefreak doesn't randomly add pokemon to games because new pokemon are reserved for new generations, because of a new region, because of a new generation. You are basically saying 2+2=4 because if 2+2=5 you would all be arguing it was.
>>
>>25769035
This isn't a bad thing, I don't want to play games I've already played, I want to play new games.
>>
>>25771865
>You do realize that there are many mechanics that don't affect battle compatibility right?

All the ones that matter do. That's why it says "similar mechanics." Those are the mechanics that MUST be shared throughout the generation.
>>
>>25771916
Why don't specify what you mean instead of using a vague term that covers more than what you mean as your definition?
>>25771933
Silence, we are doing God's work and purging the heretics!
>>
I am not going to even argue definitions anymore now that I know the retard definition came from smogon (in other words it has lost the fraction of credibility it had.)

What I will do is ask the 6.5 fags why literally everything to do with the new games,starting from Magearna, literally points to a new generation? Nothing since Magearna was revealed has had anything to do with X/Y.

Go through every gen 7/SuMo related piece of news (and not BS theories) and point out anything that points more to gen 6 than gen 7.

I guarantee you won't find anything of worth.
>>
>>25772171
>Zygarde everywhere
>Volcanion
>more details regarding South Kalos being revealed officially
They just started teasing South Kalos. Why would they talk about it but never make it explorable? It would make no sense.
>>
>>25772252
>ask for things specifically related to new games
>get old gen events, ashnime crap, random southern Kalos stuff that isn't actually relevant

Try again, I said stuff that we KNOW is related to Sun/Moon.

>why introduce something you can't explore
Does that mean we are orange islands now?
>>
>>25772299
Orange Islands are only in the anime. South Kalos is mentioned in XY, particularly in the Volcanion event, which is relevant right now. I don't think it's going to be gen 6.5, I think it's going to be GSC to RGBY. That's the only thing you can guess right now, there's no other possibility.
>>
>>25772394
Ah, but see, that supports gen 7, not gen 6. New pokemon and new region are giant indicators (and no, southern Kalos wouldn't just be Kalos. it would simply be like Kanto/Johto.)

Whether it will tie in story has no bearing on whether or not its a new gen, and as I have pointed out, literally no media related to sun and moon implies anything other than gen 7.
>>
>>25771345
>muh patterns
>>
>>25772463
Except both sides are guilty of >muh patterns, so thats a meaningless statement.
>>
>>25772394
Speaking of Southern Kalos, the Sun Moon reveal trailer showed Kiloude as the location for XY, which according to its own description is an example of southern Kalos life.

I think this is already a clue to be honest because there were many other places to show off instead like Lumiose.
>>
>>25772463
>Muh Game Theory
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.