[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What WOULD happen if they just completely threw trainer customisation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
What WOULD happen if they just completely threw trainer customisation out the window without any excuses like they had with ORAS? Would the tumblrinas and other assorted social justice warriors piss a bitch over not being able to have dark-skinned player characters anymore and whip up a huge shitstorm?
>>
Why would I concern myself with what would autistic people on the internet that I never associate with do in a hypothetical scenario?
>>
>>25768541
Who gives a flying fuck about SJW's? The real problem is having no customisation because it was literally the best feature added to the games in years.

Going back to gay as fuck premades would be fucking torture.
>>
I'd have the exact same reaction as I did with ORAS. Tumblr or not, it would be stupid to remove it permanently
>>
>>25768556
/thread
>>
>>25768560
So either way GF would get heavy backlash for removing one of the most popular mechanics in recent time.

In the chance it does make a return in SM, I hope that boys get as much clothes as girls instead of being outnumbered 2:1.
>>
File: 1458862105270.jpg (97 KB, 1024x744) Image search: [Google]
1458862105270.jpg
97 KB, 1024x744
>>25768541
I doubt they will have customization again. There wont be a changing room in the Pokemon Centers and because of synchro evolutions they might use a default character to show the trainer characteristics on those Pokemon.
>>
>>25768545
Because Nintendo has been shown to listen to them, just look at the debacles around tomodachi life, or Fire Emblem Fates.
Nintendo cares what tumblrina say, not you.
>>
>>25768588
>Synchro evolutions

I really want this to be a thing. I laughed so hard when people were buttblasted when comparing mega-evos to Digimon, I want someone to compare this to Synchro Summon now.
>>
Pretty sure people in general would be pissed.
But I also think a lot of people were pissed about the fact that none of the games after HGSS have pokemon following you. GF doesn't give a shit, they remove what they want and they will remove customization for sure.
I wish they'd bring back seasons.
>>
>>25768594
Only because Nintendo is staffed by pedophillac tumblrina femninists.
>>
>>25768541
Nothing to do with SJW, releasing new games means it should improve each generation but removing customization means the games are regressing. Nothing unusual for a company like Gamefreak.
>>
What would happen if the only player character option was to have dark skin?
>>
>>25768594
Tomodachi Life still doesn't allow gay. I'm not sure about Fire Emblem.
What's up with that?
>>
>>25768608
Then you drop the game and anime to protest against it.
>>
>>25768541
you started the thread bitching about your imaginary tumblr boogeyman and still got replies, good on you
>>
>>25768829
>imaginary
>>
>>25768829
I don't have a tumblr.

Also SJWs are some of the greatest sources of kekkage.
>>
>>25768608
Or what if one gender is pale and the other is black? We can finally blanda upp in Pokemon.
>>
>>25768541
What does the asterisk for Earth, Dark Cocoa and Rich Espresso mean?
>>
>>25769126
Fancy names for poop.
>>
>>25768541
It's fucking Game Freak, they remove features for no reason every generation. It probably won't come back and they won't give a shit.
>>
>>25768545
SJWs aren't autists.
>>
>>25772059
>autistic people on the internet
heh
>>
>>25768541
>In terms of the customization of the trainer, that was really kind of a special thing for the Kalos region, which featured this kind of motif of France and really focused on this beauty and fashion aspect, which is why it was a prominent feature in that game.

Masuda interview from October 2014 in regards to no customization in ORAS

Pretty much prepared for no customization since Masuda made a point to say it was "a special thing for Kalos."

The line "prominent feature in that game" gives me some hope though. Customization may come back (albeit more limited) if we just get to pick hair, skin, and eye color.

Maybe they will surprise me and include it. If that concept art of the pokecenter has no changing room then maybe it can exist in other ways. Who knows.

I found the customization a bit limited to begin with. While I liked it, if it is that limited again or, worse, more limited, then I would be fine with it not returning.
>>
>>25768541
If the next set of trainers were black and there were no customization options, would you complain about the lack of white options? Would that make you a SJW?
>>
>>25768608
It'd be the worst selling Pokemon game of all time and the media would be buttblasted because of muh racism.
>>
>>25768588
Is that a juice bar? Id rather have clothes than juice
>>
File: u6BiJLl.jpg (6 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
u6BiJLl.jpg
6 KB, 300x400
>>25768608
I'd be happy. I don't think I've played any games where the default character had dark skin like mine.
>>
>>25772154
I probably wouldn't care.
>>
>>25768608

Japs wouldn't buy it.
>>
>>25772059
It's like you don't even use internet often, anon. They are as autistic as your average /vp/ user.
>>
>>25772472
Speaking of autism and skin tones, how would Chris-chan react to being stuck with dark skin in the next Pokemon game? It'd be blarms 2 electric boogaloo for sure, but back in the past he was pretty prejudiced against "niggos", as he put it.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.