[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was mega evolution a mistake?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: megashinycorsola.png (158 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
megashinycorsola.png
158 KB, 750x750
Was mega evolution a mistake?
>>
>>25767915
Yes.
>>
>>25767915
It was handled poorly.
>>
>>25767915
What would be the point of Digimon without Digitation?
>>
>>25767915
As much as forms and evolutions are.
>>
>>25767915
No.
>>
>>25767915
The biggest thing that rubs me the wrong way about it is that it's classified as "Evolution", despite that for all intents and purposes MEs are just formes.

If the game simply called them formes it wouldn't imply so heavily that Pokémon with less than 3 stages who got a ME will never get a proper evolution now. And what kind of evolution only lasts a few moments before reverting the creature back to its simpler form, etc etc. Name it literally anything BUT Evolution.
>>
>>25767915
It's only a mistake when they give megas to already strong Pokemon.
>>
>>25768310
>And what kind of evolution only lasts a few moments before reverting the creature back to its simpler form
Any kind of digievolution outside of the games
>>
I really like them...
>>
>>25767915
Yes
>>
>>25768310
>And what kind of evolution only lasts a few moments before reverting the creature

Outside of the Pokémon context? Thanks to Dragon Ball Z, 99% of any kind power up transformation is temporary and reversable.
In Pokémon context, yeah it's weird.
>>
>>25767915
Absolutely.
They could've used the opportunity to give the weaker mons megas but lolno they just had to give the the already strong ones megas
>>
>>25769603
Honestly this
I think that overlooked shitmons need to get mega's. Like lopunnys was awesome becuase it made her something.
But nope, gengar and alakazam
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.