[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Go fanboys RIP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 27
File: Screenshot_2016-03-30-04-01-23.png (278 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-30-04-01-23.png
278 KB, 1080x1920
Nintendo faggots don't want to make a pokemon mmo but make this shit and spent 50 million on it Lol
>>
>Why does this Beta footage look so aged?

Gee, I wonder
>>
This what you get when pokemon tries to make a pandering to Gen 1 people. I can't wait until this becomes a disaster. Gen 3 is the best
>>
>>25767030
I think I'm not going to take that opinion of a guy who's looking in a completely different compass direction in his profile pic. Says a lot about his personality
>>
GO really does seem like it missed the mark with everything.

It's a shame as it had such potential

>>25767062
Beta does not mean early. Games in Beta are typically near release.
>>
Did anyone actually expected it to be good? Hell, even decent?
First screenshot I saw from the game and reading the mechanics and I thought it was shit
>>
>>25767030
>pokemon go was made for pandering to gen one
>it fails
>gamefreak will never pander to gen one ever again

i want this to happen
>>
>>25767176
Seriously only people who still have care about Gen 1 are 25 to 30 years old. These idiots won't this fisher price game. Fuck game freak for wasting all this team on this crap
>>
File: Pokemon Go - First Let's play.webm (2 MB, 406x720) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Go - First Let's play.webm
2 MB, 406x720
Made webms of the leaked video footage. It looks like absolute garbage.

1/2
>>
>>25767197
reminder of all the countless ways that money could have helped and saved people. Remember next time you see something you can't afford that millions of dollars are given to awful ideas every day but nobody would ever give that money to you
because I think of this from time to time
>>
2/2
>>
>>25767236
>>25767246
Only two, huh?

It is a shame the character creation's so limited. Hopefully more on release or with updates.
>>
>>25767030
>>25767236
>>25767246
Mobile gamers on suicide watch!
>>
>>25767148
All it needed was for there to be catching Pokemon that you grow a stronger bond with through battles, thus making you feel like a Pokemon trainer. And they seem to have failed that.
The battle system is weak. Gyms have been ruined. "Catching Pokemon to level up" has blemished the feel of Pokemon having importance. It's like they don't even play Pokemon. They focused way too much on "searching for Pokemon" which they should know gets old real fast and the longevity in Pokemon games has always been developing your own Pokemon.
It wouldn't have been hard. It was all already there. They had the money, the people, the data. If they don't fix this, Go is going to fail.
>>
>>25767148
The shamelessly genwunner pandering cinematic trailer with no gameplay already told me everything I needed to know about this game.
>>
I'm gonna buy both sun and moon. To help Nintendo after this trash becomes a disaster
>>
>>25767236
>no breast or ass modification
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 640x718) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 640x718
>>25767030
>Overhyped mobage turns out to be garbage
>Console spin-off nobody was hyped for is actually pretty good
Maybe there is some justice in this world after all.
>>
File: 1456467735481.jpg (10 KB, 150x142) Image search: [Google]
1456467735481.jpg
10 KB, 150x142
>>25767236
Holy shit who cares about customization. I mean it's okay to have it but what were they thinking? A simple gen wunner sprite next to your name would've worked.
I'm just salty that they have this but nothing anyone else wanted.
>>
>>25767290
>console spin off no one was hyped for was good
Which one?
>>
>>25767299
Pokémon Rumble U, clearly.
>>
>>25767299
Pokken
>>
File: image.jpg (414 KB, 1783x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
414 KB, 1783x800
>>25767299
The most recent one of course
>>
>>25767309
>>25767303
>no one was hyped for
Who thought that? There were incredible amounts of hype.
>>
I do hope that this disappointment will force Niantic and GF to actually make a good "game".
Otherwise they have wasted millions.
>>
>>25767336
>incredible amounts of hype
Not really, the hype train crashed pretty hard after Libre's reveal and rumors about the game failing in the Japanese arcades.

/v/'s resident Sonyfriends were shitposting about it for like a month straight.
>>
>>25767236
christ, the character looks depressed.
That's my jam
>>
>it's a literal Ingress reskin
>not the game they advertised
Rip
>>
>>25767030
>first it was 20
>then it was 30
>now it was 50 million
God damn make up your mind already.
>>
>>25767360
>the hype train crashed pretty hard after Libre's reveal
Only for Hawluchafags, everyone was still pretty hyped because Lucha Chu looked great.

>rumors about the game failing in the Japanese arcades.
This didn't affect a thing because it was only failing in a single arcade that was failing as a whole.
>>
>>25767376
>>not the game they advertised
That's exactly the game they advertised though.
>>
>>25767106
what?
>>
>>25767392
This is my favorite feature.
>>
>>25767411
>HP bars
How do the battles look like in the actual game anyway? Do Pokemon even gain experience for battling?
>>
Are there any other items other than Pokeballs in the game? I'm pretty sure they don't have Potions let alone fucking Honey
>>
>>25767392
They advertised a game where you can travel, catch, trade, train and battle like a Pokemon trainer but in the real world.
It didn't need anything but some Pokemon, even just 151, a google map with some Pokemon on it, a party and battle system. Even just the two attacks and a dodge is fine like they have already.
They didn't need to add CP, new evolution styles, "trainer levels", capture leveling-
Just let someone catch Pokemon and train them by battling.
I guess in a way it still will be, but it seems like they put a lot of effort into the wrong places like the direction just lost sight of what Iwata wanted. What people wanted.
>>
>>25767422
Lol no. After what I read from the beta apparently you can't even fight people 1v1. You leave Pokemon in areas and they fight off other trainers NPC Pokemon. I don't even think you actually see Pokemon battle.
>>
>>25767437
>They advertised a game where you can travel, catch, trade, train and battle like a Pokemon trainer but in the real world.
They didn't advertise anything about training.
Catching, training and battling however is there.
>>
>>25767438
Hopefully it's just because it's a closed beta so the pvp interaction is just closed off.
>>
>>25767449
>no training advertised
>what is battles and levels

It is in there. But in such a mediocre fashion. It's like people who don't play Pokemon made this, which is exactly what happened.
>>
>>25767030

I just can't understand why company like GF wasted moneys for something that will be weak shit... I mean... it shouldn't be hard for them to make good gps based pokemon game, it's should force us to actually moving our ass outside and travel around our town ect. we expected that they will set main games like in real life with actually good animations ect. good mechanic and seems we going to get garbage...
>>
>>25767463
>It's like people who don't play Pokemon made this, which is exactly what happened.
Do you know that this isn't a mainline game right?
Even if they did play pokemon there was no chance it could happen like that.
>>
>>25767466
It didn't need much at all. Like, pretty much a game where you just catch a team and battle others is better than this.
That's all GO had to be.
>>
>>25767438
Sounds boring as fuck. Methinks something must have gone wrong with funding after Niantic split from Google
>>
Be honest, you knew it'd be bad the second you were told it was on phones. You might have wanted it to be good, but you knew it wouldn't turn out how you wanted.
>>
>>25767478
Yes I know that it isn't a mainline game. What I'm saying is that they're risking millions because of their lack of build testing.
And the fact that "it would've never happened like that" is bullshit, it's the most basic thing they could've possibly done.
>>
>>25767487
Not really, Shuffle for example is somewhat fun for a p2w pokémon game.

So far GO just seems utterly uninteresting and devoid of anything that could make it fun. It doesn't even feel like a pokémon game.
>>
>>25767270
This makes me wonder if people behind games like Go and all those failed Pokemon clones even understand why the series became such a massive success in the first place. Better yet, do folks at GameFreak do, considering Masuda also worked on this horseshit?
>>
>>25767499

they never were thinking about what they are actually doing... they just leaved hard mode, they started RUINING games because autistic childrens couldn't beat it, they ruined games by autistic storytelling and forced events and so on... eh... they are bunch of idiots and I hope someone will tell them about it...
>>
>>25767507
I never had any hype for this to begin with. What gameplay is there even? From all I've seen you just throw pokeballs and nothing else.
>>
>>25767495
WPM's claim about /vp/ being 75% underage looks more plausible with every passing minute
>>
>a pokémon game where you can't evolve OR EVEN TRAIN POKÉMON
Who the hell thought this was a good idea?
>>
File: This is b8.jpg (102 KB, 626x626) Image search: [Google]
This is b8.jpg
102 KB, 626x626
>>25767542
>>
>>25767554
Oh you can evolve them. By catching like 4 or 5 of the pokemon you want to evolve
>>
File: 1456458813795.jpg (132 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1456458813795.jpg
132 KB, 919x720
>>25767508
I don't know, but it pisses me off. They clearly do know what people want because they advertise it for every game, including GO.
"Go on an adventure with your Pokemon to train, catch and battle"
That has always been the core of the games since Gen 1 and they don't even understand that? Someone needs to go there and tell them how to make a Pokemon game because they clearly don't seem to understand anymore. Or maybe only fans seem to understand this because they're the ones who actually enjoy Pokemon.
I'm salty af because every gen they seem to be getting worse. I thought they finally had it with Go.
>>
>>25767525
This, I could barely read the whole post. That's painful.

>>25767542
>=_=
Come on now. Lurk some more before you attempt to post again.
>>
>>25767560
I don't understand this. Why did they think this was a good idea? If this isn't completely the case and you can level up and evolve your Pokemon any other way, I'm all for it.
>>
>>25767555
>implying that was bait
Read that guy's other posts, anon. He's legitimately an underage retard.
>>
>>25767568
I've heard that you need to catch Pika like 5 times and get a thunderstone which is probably $0.99 to evolve it
>>
>>25767521
The hype was the idea that Pokemon would appear on a google map rendered game and you could catch and train them, and sometimes battle other people.
It's that simple. Anyone who wanted anything else was asking for too much. But they couldn't even do that.
>>
>>25767571

WHAT?!

I knew 4chan is fucking stupid but you are just going beyond yourself...
>>
>>25767576
Pls no.
This is hopefully because pvp isn't available yet.
>>
>>25767584
>yet
Oh anon...it'll never be there.
>>25767568
Only "levelling" is done at Gyms to help fortify the gyms. Otherwise, it's the trainer that levels up, not the Pokémon.
>>
>>25767508
That's probably why GF tries not to change the formula of the main games. Some new stuff here and there, but everything is pretty much the same every gen.

Whether or not they know what makes pokémon popular, the current model has worked for 20 years and it's still selling like hotcakes, so they're probably smart enough to know they shouldn't change things too much, at least not to the point where it becomes almost unrecognizable, like GO.
>>
>>25767571
This entire board is underage b&
>>
>>25767579
The absolute most something like this could be is a journeyless game where you occasionally whip your phone out, throw some balls at a pokemon while being able to weaken it and then maybe battle someone else with a couple mons.

Even that's too much to ask for, considering nothing worthwhile's ever come out for phones.

>>25767584
Do you honestly think they'll change it? If they don't change it, it makes you play longer to evolve something, and they can use that time to try to sell microtransactions to you. I hate to sound pessimistic, but that's how stuff on phones is
>>
>>25767589
I've read all that. Which is why I'm mad. But it's clearly the fans fault for expecting the smallest of things.
>>
Google maps' pokémon challenge > Pokémon GO

Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't
>>
Just keeping track of how this mobile game will chisel money from us.
>>25767236
>New cosmetics cost 0.99 each, and are the only ones that don't look like 0 effort reskins of the starting cosmetics.
>>25767246
>Pokeballs will respawn at a rate of 1/hour, max 20. if you want to buy more it's 0.99 each, with a bundle discount.
>Great balls cost $, but have 30 times the capture rate!
>Master Balls cost $$$ and guarantee a capture of those pesky 1% pokemon we scattered around the map.
>>25767507
Shuffle is great until you hit some inevitable wall that requires items you don't have. At which point the game might as well be over. Especially considering the levels where the drops are designed to not create combos. After that the game is just trash.
>>
>>25767612
>>Pokeballs will respawn at a rate of 1/hour, max 20. if you want to buy more it's 0.99 each, with a bundle discount.
>>Great balls cost $, but have 30 times the capture rate!
>>Master Balls cost $$$ and guarantee a capture of those pesky 1% pokemon we scattered around the map.

Is this real? If this is just a shitpost it's believable as shit
>>
>>25767106
compass direction?
>>
>>25767612
>some inevitable wall that requires items you don't have
You know you can easily get a lot of coins to buy those items on meowth's stage, right?
>>
>>25767617
It's neither bait nor absolutely real. I'm just going by the footage we've seen, and hypothesizing.
>>
>>25767597
That's the worst way to make phone games. There are plenty of phone games out there that don't use these techniques, but obviously much more that do.
The fact that they might have put money above core gameplay will be their downfall because a good game will make them more money than a game built around making money.
Or that's what my naive game developer heart tells me. The fact that I also make games, so I have some experience on how they work, and they fall for the simplest developer pitfalls angers me.
>>
>>25767625
>your pokemon gets tired from doing fuckall
>but you can feed it a leppa berra if you don't want to wait!
>$1.99 each

>>25767627
A lot of the mobile industry is built around "whales" who are the dumbasses that drop a grand or more on a shit phone game. Get one of them and you basically sold the same game to someone dozens of times
>>
>>25767605
At this rate it seems like it. But hey, they have AR right?
>>
>>25767606
Oh boy.
I was talking about your post and I can understand it perfectly. It's just that you sound either like an underage or a 40 year old who tries to be cool.
Don't really care but it's just funny really.
>>
>>25767606
>>25767619

The English language is just fine.
Maybe you guys wouldn't hate it so much if you knew how to fucking use it correctly.
>>
>>25767606
>>25767619
>>25767646
I seriously hope you're baiting because everyone can tell you're the same person you know?
>>
>>25767634
That is the most disgusting part of the mobile industry.
Microtransactions is a hard thing to do right I suppose. They chose the right thing to do making this free to play, as it opens it up to a bigger audience, but it's understandable to add microtransactions to a game that cost them millions.
However, depriving gameplay, content and customer enjoyment just because they want to exploit people for money is just plain wrong.
Then there's also pay2win which is another level of horrible developer tactics.
>>
>>25767659
Just report and move on. Incomprehensible posting is an instant ban in most cases.
>>
>>25767659
>you guys
>guys
>s
He's just replying to himself.
>>
>>25767646
Looks like you don't know how to use English very well either.
>>
>>25767668
It's stuff like this that phone games are known for. I've yet to see a single legit good game on a phone that wasn't stolen from somewhere/emulated/had microtransactions up the ass
>>
>>25767674
I am you elipses misusing faggot.
>>
>>25767624
Oh, I gave up and quit shuffle months ago when I caught some 1% super hard to acquire pokemon after a week of repeating the same stage over and over and it's stats were considerably worse than the lvl 1 forms of anything else in my team.
>>
>>25767685
You should play more nip games. Idolshit and the likes usually have fairly unobtrusive microtransactions.
>>
>>25767685
I enjoy Puzzle and Dragons desu, although it becomes a grind after a while
>>
>>25767690

grow up you annoying brat...
>>
>>25767702
>look mom I posted it again
>>
Don't reply to the ellipsis retard trying to derail the thread and just report his underage ass.
>>
>>25767685
What makes it even worse is that this gambling arcade payment has reached full priced AAA games. DLC with loads of content released a year later, sure, I'll pay 15 dollars for it. It increases longevity on a game the player has enjoyed.
But I can't believe you can buy "premium cash" on games that already cost the full price. Or preordered content. Or first day DLC. Season pass? As long as it's worth it and they plan on actually using it. Some games do this right, but the way the industry is heading is leading it down a dark path.
I've gone full /v/ but GO is proving to have examples of everything that is wrong about gaming. And I was excited for it.
>>
I can't believe there were actually people who expected quality from a mobile game in the first place, just because something has Pokemon in the title doesn't mean you need to worship it
>>
>>25767717
>season pass
I've been out of the loop with PC gaming for a good decade now. Can someone explain what exactly is this? Is it like you preorder all DLCs that will come out in the future or something?
>>
>>25767733
"Quality" was someone a student could make better than this. Mobile games can have quality, but people expecting the simplest thing from a multimillion dollar game is too much, right?

>just because it has Pokemon in it doesn't mean you should worship it
Which is why I don't get why people have already preordered Sun and Moon. Literally nothing has been announced other than the titles.
>>
>>25767750
We at least know Sun and Moon are going to be mainline games and in some form be a new generation, that's enough for any Pokemon player to know they're going to buy it
>>
>>25767740
That's pretty much what it is. It is not just for PC gaming either. It's a "cheaper way to get all upcoming unreleased content at once" Some games include this with the preorder bonus if they're nice. Other games have completely over priced it, never released all the content or just didn't deliver content that was worth it at all.
>>
>>25767764
Jesus, thats like buying a pig in a poke. Glad I dropped out before cancer like this became common.
>>
>>25767750
*something a student can make

>>25767762
Isn't there enough evidence that fans should be weary about GF and the Pokemon franchise?
I still enjoyed ORAS and XY, but /vp/ isn't wrong about the casualization, mechanic dropping, gameplay removing state GF has become. And their lazy coding and direction.
Atleast the Pokemon were well designed and they added trainer customization for one game.
>>
>>25767750
I don't get why people preorder any 3DS game now that the handheld has been blown wide open ane you can test the games before they come out, but maybe it's just me.
>>
>>25767176
>>25767197

Gen 1 Is only Gen. Enjoy your Icecream, Set of keys and a fucking nose.
>Go candlestick I choose you
>>
>>25767813
Genwun bait is so stale, you need to try harder.
>>
>>25767801
The concept of preordering is, like Matt and Trey have said, just having a big dick in your mouth.
>>
>>25767813
Yeah I choose you purple cum. Or little magnet do damage
>>
>>25767787
This series has always been casual and easy as fuck, and dropping gameplay features has been a thing throughout the whole series because it's unrealistic for them bring back everything

XY made improvements where it actually mattered and the people who shitpost it are the minority
>>
>>25767901
That much has been obvious. It's more the fact that they're so adamant on keeping it casual regardless of the fact that people want it to be more difficult. If a game is hard, the player can get better. No one benefits from making a game easier, except for maybe something like shiny hunting.

XY did do a lot of improvements. It was one of the better games in improving the series. Trainer customization, full 3D, adding a battle mechanic like Mega evolutions to keep the meta fresh, and things like Amie and better wifi capabilities.
It's the execution that's upsetting. Adding trainer customization into a game, then removing it because "it was inspired by France". They keep certain features in certain regions just so people buy them.
Other things like keeping all of the games code in the demo of ORAS was amateur. That and their code appears sloppy anyway, with unused features and events just placed anywhere.
Their 3D is mediocre, with so many small things that could fully benefit the game like lowering the poly count or using LODs. The lag in battles is pretty embarrassing and you can barely use 3D for a game on the 3ds.
That and what appears to be their lack of providing a game that could be a truly polished, well immersed game because of bad direction.
I'm no expert at making games, and I understand that GF can't provide everything that fans want. Maybe I like Pokemon too much and it aggitates me seeing how much it could be and how little it is.
>>
tldr
>>
>>25768010
Why are you writing paragraphs dude. What in the world
>>
>>25767081
I can't wait until this comes out as a garbage mobile phone game but still makes a lot of money.

Pokémon Shuffle was also absolute garbage but we have day-round threads on /vp/ even though it's just a Candy Crush clone. A mobile game being garbage doesn't always mean it will do poorly because mobile standards are extremely low.
>>
File: hahahaha.jpg (84 KB, 406x594) Image search: [Google]
hahahaha.jpg
84 KB, 406x594
>>25767030
>location tokyo

HOW can you take a white person who lives in japan seriously??? they are the failures of western society
>>
File: 1448596842126.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1448596842126.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>>25768057
I've currently got nothing better to do because I just worked overtime for the past few weeks on a game level and got a fever.

I don't blame you for not reading it all
>>
>>25768081
Pokemon shuffle is just candy crush dude. This pokemon go is a new concept shit is not worth walking around and paying money for
>>
>>25768112
And a Candy Crush ripoff is?

I promise you that Go will have similar addictive bullshit that will keep weak-minded idiots from quitting it as soon as they pick it up. Shuffle is also not worth playing but people still pump hours and hours into it.
>>
They better fix this game or it'll be the biggest blunder of this franchise's history.
>>
>>25768390
Hope it bombs, that'll teach them not to waste their time, money and reputation on genwun pandering p2w garbage
>>
>>25768433
>MUH gen 1 boozy man

Face the facts, most people recognize Pikachu and Charizard. Blame the company for not putting in the effort for a full roster. Not to mention the games other glaring problems have nothing to do with them pandering to gen wunners.
>>
Gen 1 Is in a casket. This pokemon go crap is the undertaker. Game freak stop pandering to these 25 year Olds.
>>
>Pokemon Go flops
>GameFreak goes insane and delays Sun and Moon
Feels good, man.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1362x1490) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1362x1490
>>25767813
>>25767895
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this
>>
>>25767411

Literally nobody was retarded enough to believe we were getting that
>>
FIFTY
>>
>>25768498
MILLION
>>
>>25768480
25 year old genwunner here. Tell me exactly how this game panders to me?
>>
>>25768491
Apparently a bunch of people were
I'm not the least bit surprised that the game turned out to be shit,
>>
modded apk fucking W H E N
>>
>>25767030
why would Game freak waste there money on an MMO
making a children game into an MMO just call predators even more
it would be so Lack luster
and you would just complain about the subscription fee or Pay to win Aspect
>>
>>25768491
Everyone expected battling dude
>>
>>25767830
what a stupid saying
>>
>>25767292
It is seeming like the customisation is the only thing good about the game and you want it removed? Christ.
>>
>>25767081
R/S are shit man. FRLG are ok.
>>
>>25767378
Ever hear of adding money?
>>
>>25767197
Gamefreak didn't even make Pokemon Go, did they? Was pretty sure they don't make any games besides main series
>>
>>25767246
What's so bad bout this?
>>
>>25767268
Why? I see nothing wrong besides the character creation being limited. What else is so bad that people would need to be put on "Suicide watch"
>>
>>25768771
They are helping with the development
>>
>>25767360
It was removed from ONE arcade and was doing well in the rest. Anyone who thought it was failing was ignorant
>>
>>25767453
pretty sure it's closed off, but even if it isnt, aren't there clan battles? Can you not see youself fighting other people?
>>
>>25768755
Emerald is the best Gen 3 game, though :^)
>>
>>25768821
This. If you guys played Ingress you might be a bit more hype honestly.
You don't know the feeling of taking down a cluster of enemy portals by yourself.
You don't know the feeling of going to an anomaly with literally hundreds of allies to play for your team.
You don't know the feeling of having your portals attacked at 2 am by some nolifer toad or smurf.
You don't know the feeling of seeing a massive field go up as you coordinate with people around the world.
I've seen it all you guys, and I'm going to tell you right now that as soon as the first legendary event happens there will be hype beyond your expectations just from people meeting each other.
>>
File: 1459280367341.gif (2 MB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1459280367341.gif
2 MB, 500x378
>>25768883
Person who has played ingress here, you're full of shit mate. Shill back in reddit.
>>
>>25768010
No, only the older audience doesn't want it casualized anymore, but I'd still argue that the majority of players are still kids or people who haven't been with the series long, though I can't see why they don't add difficulty modes. However, even if they made it more difficult it would still be easy to go through because Pokemon itself is easy. While I don't agree with everything Gamefreak does I can see why they do it, though sometimes I wish Satoshi Tajiri was still directing the games instead of slightly working on them. I pray that since it's the 20th anniversary and pretty much HIS SERIES(And Sugimori's) that he gets to direct Sun and Moon
>>
>>25768480
And see this is why the Pokemon fanbase is hypocritical

>"Please stop pandering to kids"
>"Please stop pandering to adults"

Make up your fucking mind people
>>
>>25768883
>implying you'll actually be able to interact beyond "Throw Ball"
>implying events won't be just a bunch of people feverishly tapping their screens and then leaving disappointed except for one neckbeard who bought 100+ Master Balls for this
>>
>>25767636
No. No they don't.
>>
>>25768883
well I don't care because if i had wanted to play Ingress I would have played it
but I wanted to play a Pokémon Game connected to the real world.
This is just a reskin I guess.
It wouldn't even have been so difficult to add pvp with some at least basic battling mechanic..
But nopee. Instead we get all that other crap I don't care for. Also shitty Art Direction.
Why did I even expect anything from this game-
Just another missed opportunity
>>
File: doggy.png (269 KB, 354x336) Image search: [Google]
doggy.png
269 KB, 354x336
>Pokemon Go flops
>GameFreak gives up on pandering to genwunners
post yfw
>>
>>25768948
If the trailer we did get reflects gameplay whatsoever it seems like everyone's working together to get that Mewtwo. I guess I went full idiot there because I like Ingress a bit too much, but even with these mechanics you can't deny that it would be hype to be working together in that big a group of people even if it was for something silly.
Besides, a bunch of people end up going out for a drink after anomalies, so if you collectively fail at least there's that
>>
>>25769058
THAT SAID. If Endgame was dropped for this I will be heavily disappointed.
>>
File: masuda colgate.png (169 KB, 333x429) Image search: [Google]
masuda colgate.png
169 KB, 333x429
>>25768795
>Masuda and Ohmori "help" with the development
>game instantly turns to shit
feels real fucking good

we should encourage nintendo to start funding more projects like this to keep those two away from main series development
>>
>>25769010
How the hell do you know that there is no PvP though?
>>
>>25769084
I doubt Masuda helping with the music affected the fact Niantic just made a shit game.

Niantic is the issue here, not Masuda.
>>
>>25767895
W-which purple cum..?
>>
>>25767236
I like that this person made Fumina
>>
File: white_tears.gif (948 KB, 318x162) Image search: [Google]
white_tears.gif
948 KB, 318x162
>>25767030

>it's just another shitty phone game

WHO "I fucking told you so" HERE?
>>
>>25769409
>white tears
>shitskin crying

lmao
>>
>>25769409
Right here bro. I'm so fucking glad too. What a waste of time.

Not that a Pokemon MMO is any less stupid like OP seems to believe tho.
>>
>>25767813

Kek triggered the gen1fag
>>
>>25767466
Because they liked Ingress.

That is actually the reason, no joke.
>>
I haven't been following this. What's everyone complaining about.
>>
>>25770936
The fact it's terrible. Lacks everything that makes Pokémon what it is.
>>
>>25768390
It already is
>>
Any americans here have tried the .apk?
>>
>>25767030
Even fanboy supreme Joe retweeted that?

It's ogre.
>>
>>25771275
He's really against Pokémon GO. He's saying it is missed potential.
>>
File: seriously.png (39 KB, 639x444) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
39 KB, 639x444
>>25767030
>>
Christ, people here are pretty negative. Relax and let the game become whatever it becomes.

Be glad Nintendo is trying to do something different here.
>>
>>25771406
just look at any general in /vg/ 4chan is always a shithole for game critiques
>>
File: [laughs].png (61 KB, 269x395) Image search: [Google]
[laughs].png
61 KB, 269x395
>>25769409
right there bro
>>
>>25771406
Whats the point of doing something different if its bad?
All the money they spent on this shit could have been spent on a pokemon game.
>>
>>25771440
How can you say it's fucking bad if we have like 10% of the gameplay leaked?!?
>>
>>25771448
Because its a game for mobile phones.
>>
>>25771448
>?!?
You seem to be very far from home, kid
>>
>>25768713
nah it's accurate enough.
>>
>>25771461
this.

>implying anything worthwhile has come out for them
>>
>>25769371
The one that looks like its supporting the Islamic State
>>
File: 3375[1].png (322 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
3375[1].png
322 KB, 640x300
>early beta of a game looks and plays like shit

wow, never expected that.
>>
>>25771662
>early beta
The game comes out in a few months, they aren't going to redo the entire game in less than a year.
>>
>>25771275
Not sure what you're on. Even as much of a nintendrone as he is he has always despised mobile games.
>>
>>25771936
can't imagine anybody being into them to begin with
>>
How is it not a Pokemon game?
>>
>>25771381

>4chan user CONFIRMED

>CONFIDENTIAL
>>
>>25767246
You guys will meme on this but that map detection is actually really fucking impressive
>>
File: 5269784.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
5269784.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>25771406
>Nintendo's move to mobileshit is a good thing because it's different
>>
>>25772177
That is nearly entirely hardware and carrier dependant and has nothing to do with the game.
>>
File: 1453533589021.jpg (69 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
1453533589021.jpg
69 KB, 640x628
>>25767030
The whole concept of GO seems like something that cant go wrong regardless of what you do with it. When we were kids, we liked to pretend we could find pokemon hidden in different places, so this game could capitalize in evoking that feeling, right? And with the added bonus of being accessible to anyone with a phone.

It takes a special kind of retard to fuck up such a neat concept in every single way. Done properly, this shit would've been undoubtedly better than the shitty PokeMMO proposals we've gotten. I would've shelled out mad bux for this. I am legitimately mad right now.
>>
File: 1454790293423.jpg (155 KB, 700x714) Image search: [Google]
1454790293423.jpg
155 KB, 700x714
>>25772282

I feel exactly like this.

memes aside, i rarely feel upset for any game, but this one JUST...

It takes a new kind of retards to screw this up.
>>
>>25768738
Not saying I want it removed, I'm saying that it didn't need to be there, especially when the game is already lackluster.
Reading comprehension, man.
>>
>>25772282
This. It was so simple too. It was something people have wanted since they were kids and they messed it up.
A Pokemon game like Ingress isn't what people want.
>>
File: COha3L5XAAAUim9.jpg large.jpg (75 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
COha3L5XAAAUim9.jpg large.jpg
75 KB, 1024x768
>>25771275
He really doesn't like Go. At all.
>>
File: Pokemon NO.png (78 KB, 306x346) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon NO.png
78 KB, 306x346
>>25767246
>mfw
>>
>>25772964
That's a shame. Just read his opinions on it and it's exactly like mine. It seems to be the general response to this game.
Then there are people saying that "They made it this way so they wouldn't lose money on their main series" and "Why did people expect a full fledged game?"
No one expected a full fledged game. They just want to catch and train Pokemon. Battling 1v1 has always been inportant. Catching a Pokemon that will grow to be your best friend in your most intense battles was always important.
They messed that up.
>>
>>25772846
It's what Niantic and existing Ingress fans wanted. GameFreak having some of the latter is, again, what allowed this to happen.

That really makes me wonder who this game is really going to appeal to, though. Kids will download it and not play it for long because it's too different from what they and requires IRL exploration. Older pokefags already largely showed the gameplay is a major turnoff and won't bother with it in significant numbers. Ingress players will try it out of brand loyalty, and may or may not stick with it, but I have a hard time believing they'll be enough to sustain it long term.

This isn't a Candy Crush type thing like Shuffle is that has wide appeal and access, so how is this meant to really work out?
>>
Mfw im ok with this.
> I play ingress this game looks like a reskin, and thats fine for me honestly
>>
>>25771662
Its just beta

It just released, they'll patch kt

Itll be fixed in the sequel
>>
>>25772177
nothing to do with the game. Ingress and parallel kingdom both have the same detection if you've got a phone newer than 2011, and parallel kingdom came out in like 2010.

the issue with GO (& ingress) is you need to physically move around to catch pokemon, and like 80% of the world is so open and spaced out that only japan and like maybe NYC will benefit from this.

I have this dark feeling in the pit of my stomach that kids are gonna start running in the middle of the street shouting "DUH MUH PIKACHU" and get run over by a car.
>>
>>25769047
thats a cute puppo
>>
>>25768488
what is this?
>>
>>25775015
how long until we hear about some idiot getting mugged in central park over it?
>>
>>25775015
>parallel kingdom

First I've heard anyone talk about that one in a long ass time. Is it still around? Last I heard it was on its last legs.
>>
>>25769047
>>
What the hell are wrong with you people? You're taking ONE opinion from this ugly looking faggot and thinks the truth to save all worlds, did you play Pokemon go? I'm sick of people taking someone's else opinion for fact.
>>
>>25777552
Not taking opinions, we're taking the facts. The data straight from the game.
>>
>>25777820
See >>25771381
>>
>>25771406
I'm not glad at all. Nintendo has this obsession lately with mobile bullshit. Every time I hear them talk, it's like they just want to make a phone. They want a console that interacts with your daily life. Newsflash nobody wants that shit. We just want games on a fucking normal platform. I honestly would rather they just go third party at this point.
>>
>>25775015
>I have this dark feeling in the pit of my stomach that kids are gonna start running in the middle of the street shouting "DUH MUH PIKACHU" and get run over by a car.
How's that a bad thing?
>>
>>25775068
new digimon
>>
>>25767624
>actually defending grinding the same fucking stage literally hundreds or thousands of times

You can't even grind for longer than a few minutes since you only have five hearts per 2.5 hours, so you need to carry your DS everywhere and whip it out several times a day to feed your addiction if you want to earn coins somewhat efficiently.

Shuffle is literally a game designed for addicts. It's not fun, it just motivates you to play more via the same methods as slot machines or Pachinko machines.
>>
>>25777845
Have you seen the leaked data?
A lot of people have this opinion, Joe doesn't own it.
Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.