[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>leakposting Why isn't this shit banworthy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 400x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 400x287
>leakposting
Why isn't this shit banworthy
>>
>generals outside of /vg/

why isn't this shit banworthy
>>
>gen 6.5 faggotry

why isn't this shit banworthy
>>
>>25766304
Lol, agreed.
>>
>>25766304
SM is gen 6 though
>>
File: serebiidoesntknow.png (16 KB, 157x415) Image search: [Google]
serebiidoesntknow.png
16 KB, 157x415
>>25766606
>>
>>25766453
Uh, no. No it's not. It's the 20th anniversary titles, why would they continue a Gen that barely made it as it is. Plus, new Pokémon does, in fact, equal new Gen. The data for Magearna and that bird don't exist in X/Y or ORAS, so they wouldn't be compatible, which obviously kills any idea of it being Gen 6, and to top it off, they don't even follow the blue and red theme of Gen 6, as seen with X/Y and OR/AS.
>>
>>25766304
It's speculation based on canon content. Shitting up the board with fake "my uncle works at Nintendo" shit is not part of that discussion and draws the worst underaged people to /vp/.
>>
>>25766689
>why would they continue a Gen that barely made it as it is
Easy reuse of assets.

>Plus, new Pokémon does, in fact, equal new Gen.
No. The mechanics and compatibility decide a new gen. If the mechanics are exactly the fucking same and it can still battle and trade with gen 6 then it's gen 6. New Pokemon in SM aren't any more of an issue than new megas in ORAS.
>>
Serious question, what do you do when there's a REAL leak, and not only that, it gets deleted literally an hour after being posted, and you didn't get a screen cap?
>>
>>25766735
I guarantee if you asked people if they believed a generation was defined by it's Pokemon and region or mechanics they would say the former.
>>
>>25766735
Yes they are. New Pokémon equals no compatibility. GF learned that lesson with the Time Capsule in Gen 2. MissingNo 'M hides Pokémon, smuggling them to Gen 1. In Gen 6, that would kill the games in ways we don't even know of yet. Mechanics are always the same, more or less. Megas aren't new Pokémon. Just face it, it's Gen 7, you've been beaten by obvious facts this time.
>>
>>25766758
Yep. ^_^ New Pokémon = New Gen.
>>
>>25766758
No. I asked my friend what generation he thinks SM is and he responded with "not gen 7." And he knows there are new Pokemon in the game.

>>25766764
>New Pokémon equals no compatibility

No it doesn't. Again, it's not any more problematic than the megas/moves ORAS introduced.
>>
>>25766735
>compatibility
Lol so does new Pokemon not fall under this?

Oh and mega Evolutions are not new fucking Pokemon, despite any marketing buzzword that gets spewed out for hype. ORAS was Gen 6 because you can TRADE between the two. We already have two examples of new Pokemon in Sun and Moon that absolutely 100% won't be able to trade with XY and ORAS. Stay in denial faggot. We 7 now
>>
>>25766777
"I asked my friend" your friend isn't multiple people
If you were to make a poll, most people would vote for new Pokemon and new regions being what defines a new generation for them.
>>
>>25766777
Yes it is! New Pokémon aren't just new megas! New Pokémon have a dex number, and data, and GF would rather die than block a whole 100+ Pokémon from battle and trade, simply because the data isn't in X/Y, and forget about a patch, it'd be massive, and not everyone could get it. You've lost, just lie there and admit defeat.
>>
>>25766782
>Lol so does new Pokemon not fall under this?
No. Just like ORAS' megas don't.

> and mega Evolutions are not new fucking Pokemon, despite any marketing buzzword that gets spewed out for hype
But the consequence of introducing new Megas is the same as introducing new Pokemon. Either way it can't battle with the previous game.

>ORAS was Gen 6 because you can TRADE between the two
And battle.

>We already have two examples of new Pokemon in Sun and Moon that absolutely 100% won't be able to trade with XY and ORAS
And in ORAS we have new megas that 100% can't battle with XY and new moves that 100% can't trade with XY. What's your point?
>>
>>25766803
There are other people who agree with me.

>>25766807
>GF would rather die than block a whole 100+ Pokémon

They had no problem blocking the 20+ megas that were in ORAS. If they had no problems with that then they'll have no problems with new Pokemon. There might not even be that many new Pokemon.
>>
>>25766808
The new Megas and Moves are what's called a gimmick. It's a selling point. It's literally meaningless. A new Pokémon, not a form, mega, ability, etc, but a full on new Pokémon, that means a new Gen. We might have Pokémon bank compatibility, but that's it.
>>
>>25766832
>It's a selling point. It's literally meaningless

So are new Pokemon by this logic.

>We might have Pokémon bank compatibility, but that's it.
Nope. There will be trading and battling. That's why they put Zygarde's moves in XY and left 2 more pentagon slots.
>>
>>25766824
And yet somehow those other people are here while 2 people and one weird namefag argue the point of Pokemon and regions defining a generation.
In all the other threads I've seen with a bunch of posts debating Gen 6.5 v Gen 7, the amount of people arguing for Gen 7 is a lot more than those arguing against it. It's just the same people every time quoting up to 5 other posts arguing against them.
Honestly, go on any Pokemon forum or group, hell you can even use /vp/ start a strawpoll or some other multiple choice poll site and you'll see for yourself.
And if Generation is a fan term like I've seen so many 6.5fags argue, then what the majority of fans classify it as is what the broader use of the term is, a Pokemon game that introduces new Pokemon and a new region.
>>
>>25766824
Ok, listen to what you just said. 20 megas. There's only 20, and they're JUST megas. You see what I'm saying? Not new Pokémon, just meegas. Not 100+, which will happen, just 20. Do you realize how stupid you sound right now?
>>
>>25766808
Holy fuck kid, you're dense. Alright so new mechanics and compatibility define a new generation for you, right? If thats the case, I guess ORAS was Gen 7. You know because of the new soaring mechanic? Oh and let's not forget that those new megas in ORAS wasn't compatible with XY, you said it yourself. I think its time for bed Jimbo
>>
>>25766841
Because they might bring back the Time Capsule, dumbass! Two moves and something a hacker said was there, neither are valid points! Azure Flute MotherFucker, nuff said!
>>
>>25766845
aren't*
>>
>>25766845
>then what the majority of fans classify it as is what the broader use of the term is, a Pokemon game that introduces new Pokemon and a new region.

Nope. People will consider it gen 6 once they see the game. People are only assuming the "muh region muh pokemon" definition now because they're letting their speculation run wild with whatever new mechanics and features they think they'll also introduce. But once they see how fucking similar these games are to gen 6 they'll come around.

>>25766848
>Not new Pokémon, just meegas.
They break compatibility just like new Pokemon do.

>Not 100+, which will happen
There's no reason to assume this. If anything I think these games will have even less new Pokemon than XY. They haven't officially announced a SINGLE new Pokemon so far except Magearna despite the game having a whole fucking trailer and all the concept art is just old Pokemon all over the place. These are 20th anniversary games celebrating the history of the franchise. It's not gonna focus on new Pokemon.

>Do you realize how stupid you sound right now?
Do you?
>>
>>25766277
>fake leaks
>a bad thing
I'm sorry Coconiño wasn't real anon but stop being an unfun faggot
>>
>>25766858
> Alright so new mechanics and compatibility define a new generation for you, right?

Yes. ORAS can battle and trade with XY so it's compatible. They also share mechanics otherwise battling wouldn't work. So it's the same gen.

>>25766861
Time capsule doesn't compare to two unused moves, slots, and an item which has no use in XY.

I have no reason to assume these will go unused rather than used.
>>
>>25766873
Compatibility is broken ALL THE FUCKING TIME! Platinum, HG/SS, BW2, ORAS! And still, each non remake next Gen game, which was revealed with NEW POKÉMON, was not compatible in any way with the previous Gen, barring various ways to send your Pokémon forward. You see my point? It's Gen 7, that's final, no go to bed kid.
>>
>>25766892
>Yes. ORAS can battle and trade with XY so it's compatible
Hah

>>25766808
And in ORAS we have new megas that 100% can't battle with XY and new moves that 100% can't trade with XY. What's your point?

I think you need some sleep fahm
>>
>>25766873
>People are only assuming the "muh region muh pokemon" definition now because they're letting their speculation run wild
Are you an idiot? 2 new Pokemon, new locations and new Pokemon centres and vehicles lean towards the likelihood of a new region with new Pokemon.
Don't liken everyone to those retards thinking fusing with Pokemon or whatever is going to be a thing.
Also what you just said can work against you. Who's to say your speculation is correct and the games AREN'T going to have a different engine to XY/ORAS?
It's obvious the current one is bad and is in desperate need of refining.
If it does refine the engine, introduce new 'Mon and a new region, you'll be the one who has to come around if anything.
>>
>>25766892
Actually, idiot, the time capsule would give us both what we want. You get muh moves and muh pentagon, I get Gen 7 and 100+ new Pokémon, win win, so fuck off.
>>
>>25766906
Platinum can battle and trade with other gen 4 games
HGSS can battle and trade with other gen 4 games
BW2 can battle and trade with other gen 5 games
ORAS can battle and trade with other gen 6 games

I don't see the issue here.

>which was revealed with NEW POKÉMON, was not compatible in any way with the previous Gen
This isn't any different from Megas though.

>>25766911
>Are you an idiot? 2 new Pokemon, new locations and new Pokemon centres and vehicles lean towards the likelihood of a new region with new Pokemon.

Yes. But it doesn't lean toward the likelihood of "OMG 100+ NEW POKEMON I CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL THESE NEW MECHANICS TO GET INTRODUCED OHHH I WONDER HOW THEY'LL CHANGE THE GRAPHICS"

>Who's to say your speculation is correct and the games AREN'T going to have a different engine to XY/ORAS?
The evidence left behind in gen 6 and the way they're marketing these games so far.
>>
>>25766618
It's still "VII?" instead of "VI?" That means they're leaning towards seven but they can't confirm it yet. Stop posting this shit.
>>
>>25766926
But it's still not confirmed to be gen 7. I wonder why that is.
>>
>>25766926
I'll stop posting it when gen 7 fags stop posting screen caps of serebii's site and pretend it's a confirmation
>>
>>25766735
>if I twist the definition I can make it gen 6
>>
>>25766758
>>25766803
Great idea!

http://strawpoll.me/7225862
>>
>>25766777
>I asked my friend what generation he thinks SM is

Oh so that's what defines a new generation. Pack it up boys, this guy just shut down gen 7.
>>
>>25766938
Gen 1 battle and trades with Gen 1 games. Gen 1 games share a set of mechanics. Gen 2 battle and trades with Gen 2 games. Gen 2 games share a set of mechanics. Gen 3 battle and trades with Gen 3 games. Gen 3 games share a set of mechanics.Gen 4 battle and trades with Gen 4 games. Gen 4 games share a set of mechanics.

what definition am I twisting again?

>>25766945
The guy literally told me to ask people what they think it is. So I asked someone. Stop sperging out.
>>
>>25766923
Giratina Origin, Rotom, BW Kyurem, New Megas and Primal, and yet, no new Pokémon. Just forms and the like. Now what is Magearna? A NEW POKÉMON! New Pokémon is how GF defines a new Gen, so this definitely Gen 7, as Magearna isn't related to any known Pokémon. Also, isn't that how they did Victini?
>>
>>25766951
>Giratina Origin, Rotom, BW Kyurem, New Megas and Primal, and yet, no new Pokémon

But they could still battle with other games of the same gen. Megas can't.

It's unbelievable how many newfag retards don't know this.
>>
>>25766929
Because it's literally all but confirmed for gen 7. All we need is more info on the game until he can delete that question mark and and all you 6fags get btfo
>>
>>25766949
>The guy literally told me to ask people what they think it is. So I asked someone
>Doing what your buttbuddy tells you to do

Stay true 6.5 fag
>>
>>25766923
>Yes. But it doesn't lean toward the likelihood of "OMG 100+ NEW POKEMON I CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL THESE NEW MECHANICS TO GET INTRODUCED OHHH I WONDER HOW THEY'LL CHANGE THE GRAPHICS"
What does that even mean?
Either way check >>25766939
numbers speak for themselves, friend.
>The evidence left behind in gen 6 and the way they're marketing these games so far.
You mean the typical "a new adveture/world/generation" shit they've been doing for the past forever? It's nothing new. I don't see how you draw anything from that that points to Gen 6.
Other than that, sure there's evidence left in the older games that supports Gen 6.5
>>
File: HPnRc89[1].png (82 KB, 980x1068) Image search: [Google]
HPnRc89[1].png
82 KB, 980x1068
>>25766938
>>
>>25766955
No they couldn't. You had to remove the Griseous orb from Giratina before doing anything with DP. You know how I know? Because Origin Giratina is my favorite Pokémon, and I couldn't trade it to Diamond with the orb. Who's the newfag who don't know shit now?
>>
>>25766970
>No they couldn't. You had to remove the Griseous orb from Giratina before doing anything with DP

No. You can battle with it. Try again.

http://www.serebii.net/games/forms.shtml

>>25766959
>Because it's literally all but confirmed for gen 7

Except it's not. I can't wait for footage to come out with the same graphics. That will be the first undeniable sign it's gen 6 so gen7fags can get BTFO.

>>25766966
>What does that even mean?

People are building up ideas and implications in their head that won't match up with reality because they're ASSUMING it's gen 7.
>>
>>25766969
If cherry picked Serebii posts and twitter comments aren't a viable confirmation, smogon shouldn't be either
>>
>>25766981
No, but this just proves that there's an ENTIRE FUCKING COMMUNITY that uses that definition for defining generations. You gen 7 fags are morons.
>>
>>25766979
No you can't, dumbass, if you'd like, I can link to every page everywhere that proves it, and even then, I'll go as far as to screen cap this, and record me trying to battle against my Pearl with it, and post it everywhere. Don't fuck with me, I will make you a fucking meme bro.
>>
>>25766979
>I can't wait for footage to come out with the same graphics. That will be the first undeniable sign it's gen 6 so gen7fags can get BTFO
>graphics meaning anything

Sun and Moon can't use the same engine as XY? Black and White had uncanny graphics to DP, so is it still gen 4?
>>
>>25766979
>People are building up ideas and implications in their head that won't match up with reality because they're ASSUMING it's gen 7.
You mean speculation? Because that's literally what it fucking is.
People throwing around ideas that are either educated guesses or nothing more than retarded theories based off of their own ass fluff.
Naturally if most people assume it's Gen 7 (as they do) they're going to speculate as though it is Gen 7.
>>25766985
And? Most people, despite "and entire community" still believe New 'Mon and a new region define a new generation. But it's okay. You don't need to reply any more because I've realized it. You're just a Smogon elitist who doesn't believe anything outside of Smogon
>>
>>25766994
>No you can't, dumbass, if you'd like, I can link to every page everywhere that proves it, and even then, I'll go as far as to screen cap this, and record me trying to battle against my Pearl with it, and post it everywhere.

Ok. Be sure to test out that its stats are retained too.

>>25766998
BW still had different graphics. If SM has the EXACT same graphics as gen 6 you gen7 fags will be backed into a fucking corner.

>>25767001
>You mean speculation? Because that's literally what it fucking is.

Same with the gen 7 nonsense.
>>
>>25766979
>assuming

If I told you that Pokemon would end after sun and moon and you told me otherwise you would just be assuming
>>
File: gen6conspiracy.png (679 KB, 1392x1044) Image search: [Google]
gen6conspiracy.png
679 KB, 1392x1044
Reminder that if SM uses the pentagon it's gen 6.
>>
Gen 7, nonsense? Ha! Gen 6.5, now that's nonsense. It can't battle, and neither can BW Kyurem, etc. Eat dick.>>25767009
>>
>Generations
>Fan term

Ahem
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VzO6J981nAw
>8:47
>>
>>25767015
>If
>>
Not necessarily. Who said that a pentagon equals Gen 6? Is it in writing? Did the code come to life, shit on your desk, and spell it out for you? Nothing specifies that the pentagon is Gen 6 exclusive.>>25767015
>>
>>25766277
I think I only enter here to see if there are leaks and then, after the disappointment, I post on other threads.
>>
>>25767032
Yup. If. And it does then it's gen 6.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 302x302) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 302x302
>Thread is about leak posting
>Turns into 6.5 vs 7th Generation Civil War

I think the lack of info, or a new game period, has gotten to you guys. This shit is gold
>>
>>25767037
>>25767069
Read 25767037 please, then kindly FUCK YOUR OWN FACE!!!!
>>
>>25767037
Well it didn't come to life but it basically is writing it out. The specific number of slots dedicated to it specify it.
>>
>>25767075
>not participating in pre-game speculation arguments
>>
>>25767075
It was this guy
>>25766453
>>
File: Gen Six point Five fags.png (830 KB, 2000x759) Image search: [Google]
Gen Six point Five fags.png
830 KB, 2000x759
>>
>>25767139
No it was this guy >>25766304
>>
>>25767098
If S&M utilized a Time Capsule feature that allowed you to trade, only trade, and only Pokémon that were compatible, with only moves and abilities that were compatible, and Pokémon Bank had a similar feature to preserve Bank Compatibility, would that not easily account for both Gen 7, Zygardes two moves, AND the last two pentagon slots? It seems to me that this is pretty much a given mechanic for S&M, especially if GF actually decided to make these insignificant loose ends relevant in any canon way.
>>
File: 086.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
086.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
>>25767159
oh boy, I can't wait to spam this, thank you based anon
>>
>>25767159
>9 total votes
>representative
I'm a gen7fag but come on dude
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.