[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>pidgeot: first bird, most poular bird, has a mega >noctowl:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_lfymceS4uT1qzkk37o1_500.png (30 KB, 422x374) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lfymceS4uT1qzkk37o1_500.png
30 KB, 422x374
>pidgeot: first bird, most poular bird, has a mega
>noctowl: can learn psychic moves
>swellow: high speed, STAB facade + guts niche
>staraptor: high attack, learns close combat
>talonflame: fire type, great in competitive, signature ability

>unfezant:???

Why did game freak forget about him, /vp/? how would you make him unique?
>>
>>25764345
*popular
>>
Switching its Attack and Sp.Attack is common change I've been hearing.
>>
>>25764345

Are you forgetting about its gender-dependent design? It's not gameplay-focused, but it's still a unique attribute among the regional birds.
>>
It has the taint of gen V on it and will never be clean
>>
>>25764345

>normal type with super luck
>doesn't learn slash
>doesn't learn focus energy
>only high crit flying move is special
>only physical crit move is night slash

a-at least they gave him +10 attack

but really adding the above would help him.
>>
>>25764382
still, that's pretty minor. It has a cool design, but it's basically an inferior staraptor.
>>
>>25764414
haha niiiiiice ;P
>>
>>25764418
>only high crit flying move is special
Sky Attack isn't special.
>>
>>25764345
Fearow and Pelipper are also regional birds. Pelipper is of course a great HM slave. What's special about Fearow?
>>
>>25764345
It's ugly as sin that's why. It's better off forgotten.
It's only saving grace is its fucking amazing name.
>>
>>25764466

true but it needs scope lens for the guaranteed crit. sky attack is unusable without power herb.
>>
>>25764470
talking about route 1 birds, anon.
>>
>>25764486
Taillow isn't found until 104. If it counts then so should Spearow/Fearow.
>>
>>25764497
when people think of the route 1 birds, pelipper and fearow aren't the first to come to mind. not to be rude, but swellow is seen as more of a "route 1" bird than pelipper.
>>
>>25764520
They're right next to each other in the Pokedex and have the same base stat total. Hoenn has 2 birds just like it has Salamence and Metagross.
>>
>>25764555
fair enough. I guess I'll count fearow as well.
>>
>>25764345

>one of my 3 favorite Pokemon

Don't remind me anon, pls. The pain. I still run it on my RU team as a lead though. I will fight the system forever!
>>
>Unfeazant doesn't get drill peck or Brave Bird.

What the hell is this bullshit? I mean I guess I can understand not learning it via level up, but not even through eggmoves? What the hell is this bullshit.
>>
File: 1459298492739.png (302 KB, 966x817) Image search: [Google]
1459298492739.png
302 KB, 966x817
>>25764520
Never make fun of Pelipper again.

You got it?
>>
>>25764345
I completely skipped getting that pidgeon thing. Didn't even consider getting a flyer until I noticed I had one slot left. I think it was Golurk or the swan poke.
>>
It's just as good as Noctowl.

Unfezant gets NIGHT SLASH as an egg move.

Noctowl gets psychic moves.

Neither are useful to them, but that's all they've got.
>>
>>25764470
Fearow is the only one of the regional birds to get a Ground-type move, so that's something, especially since it has Sniper and the move is Drill Run. It's not good at all, obviously, but it is something that is unique to it at least.

In terms of Unfezant, it's the only regional bird with Wish (unless you count Togepi lol--it turns into a bird and is gotten really early in the game, after all). Really, though, it doesn't have anything. You can run a really terrible and sad gimmick Work Up set with Air Cutter for Super Luck abuse if you really want to be miserable.
>>
>>25764382
Male unfezant is an ugly fucker, female is all right.
>>
>>25764345
I'd say play up some kind of dancing/carnivale motif for it and give it some dancing moves: Teeter Dance and Swords Dance. Then give it ExtremeSpeed because it already gets Quick Attack and since the dex talks about what great fliers they (or at least the females) are.

It would still lack coverage like crazy, but it'd at least give it some kind of niche that could be threatening in lower tiers after Steels and Rocks is gone. I dunno.
>>
>>25765050
Noctowl also has great special bulk
>>
>>25764345
I don't know, this bird rapes pretty hard in random battles with all those crits. I once soloed three pokemon with Return until foe forfeited.
>>
>>25764345
Dunno i like the Hypnosis-> Sky Attack shit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.