[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Dunsparce's have a encounter rate of 1%, in only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: dunsparce.png (4 KB, 149x149) Image search: [Google]
dunsparce.png
4 KB, 149x149
Why did Dunsparce's have a encounter rate of 1%, in only one place, even though it's bad?

I do love that it's eyes are closed, and it is only found in a "Dark Cave".
>>
>>25760863
Me on the bottom
>>
>>25760863
Tsuchinoko.
>>
>>25760863
Based on some Japanese lore, which is why Ash always want to catch one, but can't.
>>
>>25760940
Oh neet. Mythical real life animals.

>dunsparce isn't legendary
>>
Ah, I made some thread explaining it a while ago, but it's gone now....

It's based on the Japanese equivalent of Bigfoot, the Tsuchinoko, also called bachi-hebi or "bee snake". Japanese people always try to prove it exists, like how Americans try to prove Bigfoot exists, but no one ever has.

The entire idea behind Dunsparce is that it's supposed to suck. It's supposed to be something incredibly rare, but when you finally do mange to find it, it turns out that all the hype you had searching for this mysterious creature was for nothing.

It teaches you that just because something is rare, doesn't necessarily mean it is good. That whole aspect blew over western world's heads though....
>>
>>25761046
Kind of like why Farfetch'd is purposely bad right?
>>
>>25760863
I encountered a shiny one in X almost right at the start. No shiny charm required. I think someday it will evolve.
>>
>>25761086
I'm sorry I don't understand what that has to do with this?
>>
>>25761046
Why are the Japs so smart?
>>
>>25761046
This is cool. Thanks, Anon.
I would support more threads with info like that.
>>
>>25761135
But wouldn't you rather hear about how much moonfags suck?
>>
File: batman_approves.jpg (28 KB, 499x331) Image search: [Google]
batman_approves.jpg
28 KB, 499x331
>>25761046
that's was very informative. thanks
>>
>>25761160
Sophie's Choice right there.
>>
Kind of. I guess the story is that Farfetched was thrown in as a way to teach the player patience. You can trade your Spearow for one now, or you can wait to evolve it into Fearow, which is stronger than Farfetch'd thus motivating the player to train their pokémon.

Farfetch'd and Dunsparce both seem to be more popular than they intended. Which I guess they realized later on when they made Goomy.
>>
>>25760863
The hiker could call you if there was a swarm of it, same with remoraid.

I kinda liked that, there aren't pokemon that rare anymore, I recently talked to someone playing platinum and I forgot how hidden and hard to find some of them are. Hell I didn't got a spiritomb untill Y.
>>
>>25761046
Plus its name is a combination of dunce and sparse. It seems like they tried to make that obvious.
>>
File: dunsparce starbucks.png (287 KB, 742x1000) Image search: [Google]
dunsparce starbucks.png
287 KB, 742x1000
>>25760863

You could get it as a swarm. And in the remakes, it's a very common encounter from using rock smash in dark cave.

However, I did a dunsparce only run in Crystal as a kid, and since the person who calls you about the swarm is after union cave, I had to wait for that 1% chance before beating falkner with it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK