[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fell in love with emboar the first time i saw him >thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: emboar.png (71 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
emboar.png
71 KB, 250x250
>fell in love with emboar the first time i saw him
>thought my dreams of having a fire starter that's a tank have finally come true
>those fragile defenses
FUCKING
WHY
>>
>>25758621
Because GF a shit. It's HP or Defenses unless you cant attack for shit then you get both
>>
File: tumblr_mzez7h2jkV1sjo536o5_500.gif (337 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzez7h2jkV1sjo536o5_500.gif
337 KB, 500x250
Least he's not Meganium, I guess.
>>
Emboar is literally a trick room equivalent of Infernape with high HP over speed. It can make use of the stat with it's wide movepool of recoil moves and Reckless at least....
>>
>>25758903
No it can't. It needs that HP to do anything because a fucking feather will make it develop terminal cancer.
>>
>>25758621
>liking shit pig design
>>
>>25759000
That's MISTA PIG to you, snekfag
>>
>>25759000
>not liking fire ganon
nice trips anon but shit taste
>>
>>25759019
But that guy had trips.

Anyhow, was anybody else expecting Tepig's line to be Fire/Ground or something way back when in the days of 2010?
>>
>>25759000
>3 0s
>signaling your disgusting love with snake's 3 holes
literal cancer
>>
>>25759000
He's the only good Gen 5 starter

lick me
>>
I'm a fairly casual player but I have a question.

How do you "tank" in pokemon without just being stall bullshit with like substitute and toxic and shit like Gliscor?

I've tried using an assault vest with four attacks and putting EVs into HP and defenses on my Chesnaught and Hariyama, but I don't see such a set ever recommended on smogon so I assume it's shit vs. people who are serious about competitive pokemon. The way I see it there are sweepers, supports, and stall shit. How do you be a bulky attacker and be successful without curse/sleep talk shit?
>>
>>25759606
>>25759606
>How do you "tank" in pokemon without just being stall bullshit with like substitute and toxic and shit like Gliscor?
http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/pokemon_dictionary
>A Tank is a Pokemon intended to take either physical or special attacks and hit back, but does not have to do so consistently over the entire course of a match. Bronzong is a very potent tank. With Gyro Ball, Explosion, and massive defenses, it can hit enemies hard and take many hits effectively over the course of a match.

Curse/Sleep Talk is used for mostly walls to help with their bulk/recovery. "Tanks" are nothing like that. They're basically the reverse of sweepers as they rely on their bulk over speed.

>I've tried using an assault vest with four attacks and putting EVs into HP and defenses on my Chesnaught and Hariyama, but I don't see such a set ever recommended on smogon so I assume it's shit vs. people who are serious about competitive pokemon.
Assault Vest Hariyama is a thing. And NEVER invest HP on a mon that naturally has high HP. It would be more wise to invest on the defenses instead. And Assault Vest Hairyama only needs max Attack and special defense investment anyway so it would be a more reliable special tank.
>>
>>25760049

thanks anon, ill make you proud.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.