[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Ranger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
Holy balls why can't I stop playing?

This is some good shit

new installment when?
>>
>>25756974
>new installment when?
Anon, we need to talk...
>>
>>25756991
Why won't there be a new Ranger game?
>>
>>25756991
>>25757031
Better be a good fucking reason because I'd buy that shit like it were a hot cake
>>
I never understood how the series didnt get a Wii game, it seems like the perfect spin off to go on consoles.
>>
File: tennis elbow.jpg (19 KB, 458x235) Image search: [Google]
tennis elbow.jpg
19 KB, 458x235
>>25757113
>ranger on wii
That would be extremely painful
>>
>>25757146
For you
>>
>>25756974
Who knows? They have the means to make a 3D version of it now, I say do it.
>>
>>25756974
Guardian Signs, sadly, looks to be the last one in the best Pokemon spin off to date
>>
No words accurately express my frustration with Spiritomb's fight.
>>
>>25757321
Spiritomb actually isn't that bad. There's an extremely obvious way to S rank it. You don't even have to be perfect with it.
>>
>>25757336
He must have been for me since it's the first boss I remember anytime someone mentions this series. that guy and the "dragons" in the first game
>>
>>25757354
Funny, usually it's Drapion people are concerned about, since it's the last boss you fight without the charge. That means you HAVE to be perfect even with it's weakness. Spiritomb is merely the tutorial for what is to come when you DO have the charge. I find they can all be easily done when you have their weakness and use a charged capture to finish them off.
>>
>>25757321
Bitch do you even steelix?
>>
>>25757472
Funny story. I think the last time I fought it, I managed to defeat it without it's weakness. Then again, that was part of the most amazing run I've ever had of Ranger 1, in which I pulled off many feats that I thought were impossible.
>>
>>25757430
Spiritomb was such a pain for me because of how strange his fight is compared to others with those keystones scattered around that I think blocked your line if I remember correctly
>>
>>25757525
They do. You have to be very aggressive for that fight.
>>
>>25757560
thought so. that combined with him essentially teleporting constantly messed me up

so what could they do to change up the gameplay enough to warrant a sequel?
>>
>>25757656
The most evident thing would be incorporating Megas, but there are many ways they could do that, including expanding on the rage system from Guardian Signs by having opponents go Mega in the middle of the match. I'm not sure what else can be done, I'm kinda torn on where assists need to go. I liked the system from Guardian Signs, but it's too hard to control, and upon replaying Almia, I discovered why people find that to be a better system. I also believe Guardian Signs' system can be expanded where you can ALSO use Megas. One matter I always was irked about was how assists always only deal normal damage save for if they're super effective, or if it's a Fighting assist. (I think it just deals normal damage in Guardian Signs, though) A thought I've had is wouldn't be neat if you could charge ASSISTS? It may be a neat feature to incorporate Megas into, but it would have to make sense for normal pokemon, too. They sort of have this feature in Guardian Signs, but it only applies to pokemon you get signs for. They are stronger than the pokemon would normally be for their assist if you perform the sign with a charge.
>>
>>25757074
>>25757031
>>25756991
The reason is Nintendo is a horrible company to work with. Just look at the DS library and compare it to the 3ds library. It's not just pokemon that got the short-stick.

I'm sure it's also 3D related, DS games were just cheaper.
>>
Hmmm...actually, I didn't consider that. As models, it becomes impossible to display certain ones of them at a small enough resolution to be circled.
>>
>>25757430
>Drapion
REEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY IT'S SO HARD
>>
>>25756974

Shadows of Almia was really good yeah. The Ranger games were the only spinoffs I really got into and I must admit Shadows of Almia was pretty good. Definitely the best out of the 3
>>
>>25758564
Actually, I had a really stubborn moment the last time I played. I seem to remember being so skilled at this game, I could S rank anything but the later bosses, one early boss, and a few normal pokes WITHOUT USING AN ASSIST. Unfortunately, this time, I couldn't remember how I did it. I don't know what happened, maybe I am getting old, it was since the release of Guardian Signs that I last played it. Regardless, I couldn't S rank it by just being skillful with a regular line. I had to use it's weakness, which then meant I could be as careless as I dared and still S rank it.
>>
so who was your partner pokemon is Almia? I stuck with Pachirisu.
>>
>>25758661
I use Munchlax for only one reason: It's the best option for dealing with Toxicroak. It's also useful should I find myself in any other situation where I just cannot S rank a poke using a normal capture. Usually, that's Kangaskhan, although I swear I S ranked it before without needing to use Munchlax. Toxicroak is where you really need it, though, since S ranking it is a pain without the slight boost.
>>
>>25758443
>Just look at the DS library and compare it to the 3ds library
What of it?
The only thing I've noticed looking at it is that the developers are interested more in making money rather than making games for the sake of it. This isn't even an issue with Nintendo either, you can see it on every platform nowadays.
>>
>>25758776
You're an idiot.
>>
>>25758792
How exactly?
Because those same developers are making games solely for money now?

What does that have to do with me?
>>
>>25758818
You're an idiot
>>
>>25757192
You're a big guy
>>
>>25756974

Tell me about Pokemon Rangers.
It's not like Mystery Dungeon is it? Because that entire series is fucking shit and repetitive.
>>
>>25758443
Ranger was made by Creatures Inc., an affiliate of Nintendo. Why the fuck would they suddenly stop working with Nintendo?

And the reason why the 3DS library is tiny compared to the DS library is because the mobile market has taken away all the casual gamers. It's nothing to do with Nintendo being awkward. The 3DS even has better third-party support than every other console this gen (at least when it comes to Japanese developers).

Just stop posting if you have no idea what you're saying.
>>
>>25758661
I always used Shieldon.
That steel assist is too overpowered. Pretty fun if you just like to mess around.
>>
>>25759587
>Why the fuck would they suddenly stop working with Nintendo?
Maybe Nintendo doesn't give them a budget to work with? Need I remind you this is a common pattern with companies working with Nintendo. All of them that used to work on Nintendo franchises are making smartphone shit now.(and failing at it). This isn't because they want to make smartphone games.

>And the reason why the 3DS library is tiny compared to the DS library is because the mobile market has taken away all the casual gamers
Not true. Casual gamers still exist. But that's not the reason at all. There's just less choice in games on 3ds. So less people buy a 3ds. It's that simple
>>
>>25759545
No, it's not. It's more an action RPG.
>>
>>25759545
This game is also repetitive, just not shit.

I've only played the first, but god damn it's a great game. I especially loved the urban environments, it's right up there with the Orre games.
>>
We should also not forget Hal has a hand in this, although I don't know how interested they are, really.
>>
>>25757836
Please don't just make it Ranger - but with megas!
It's one of the main problems with ORAS and megas need to take a back seat for a while.

I mean, of course they would be incorporated, but they don't need to make a huge fucking deal out of it, PSMD did it well. Besides, the gameplay is already fairly solid, fuck, mechanics wise I prefer SoA to GS. Just some slight tweaks and a brand new setting and you're set.
>>
>>25760432
Then I don't see the point. The way SMD did it, there might as well not be Megas at all.
>>
>>25757472
Once I realised that Steelix isn't immune to Electric like in the main games and I could use Minun's DIscharge on it the fight became pretty easy. Just wait for it to curl up nice and tight and then use Discharge to keep it there while you capture it.
But yeah on my first playthrough where I just mindlessly drew circles as fast I could Steelix took me literal months.
>>
>>25757430
Rampardos was the one that I always remembered from SoA.
>Capture is going well, attacks are easy enough to avoid.
>Suddenly it kicks up a rockslide that lasts what feels like forever and stalls me long enough that its capture gauge has emptied.
>Can't even attempt to capture while the rocks are falling because of the massive damage.
I have no idea how I did this on my first playthrough without using a Steel Pokéassist to prevent the rockslides.
>>
>>25760639
You just have to be fast for this one. It is possible to circle during the Rock Slide, but it has be to done one at a time. I swear I S ranked it in the original boss encounter once, but again, I don't remember how I did it. There are plenty of opportunities to capture one of it's weaknesses, though. If you're trying to S rank it, that should be no big deal. If you can't, though, no worries. It becomes available in the postgame and you can totally cheese it with a charged capture
>>
>>25760511
Because leaving them out completely is kind of stupid since it is a pretty integral part of the pokémon franchise and it won't go away. The creators would only comes off as resentful of the mega evolution, which is obviously a bad choice.
I'm just saying that they don't have to make such a fucking huge deal out of it, especially not make the main plot revolve around it at least.
>>
>>25760639
Rampardos is the most memorable one to me as well. Up to that the game had been fairly chill but I ended up getting my ass handed to me because I didn't pay attention. That said it ended up being the only enemy I actually lost to.
>>
>>25760810
Duly noted, but I don't think they should be next to impossible to acquire, either. There should be an achievement for being able to use them, true, but don't make it something that is next to impossible to do.
>>
>want to buy guardian signs
>no way to get the event missions without buying an action replay too

kill me
>>
>>25756974
Anyone know how to activate/reactivate the Manaphy event?
>>
>>25757146
For everyone
>>
I've never played the Ranger series before. What exactly do you do in the games?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK