[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9
File: ORNENWi.png (252 KB, 493x281) Image search: [Google]
ORNENWi.png
252 KB, 493x281
Explain
>>
>>25756748
Everybody in north lumiose were being blacked
>>
>>25756748
Those aren't lights you retard. Those are candles litting the buildings from the inside.
>>
The guy stopping you is blind and can't help it, you insensitive dick.
>>
>>25756748
Filthy Kalosian Bolsheviks value safety regulations over pragmatism.
>>
>blackout
Right, so why is half the city closed off again?

Seriously, XY had such BS reasons for not letting you go here or there. They're not even trying to make some sense for the sake of immersion anymore.
>>
your avatar is black
he's saying they're out with the blacks
no more blacks
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 500x378
>>25756812
Better than this
>>
>>25756812
At least they didn't have those dancing men. Or "I'm thirsty, so I'm taking this city hostage until you bring me some water."
>>
>>25756825
I thought this was France though!
>>
The shot with npcs walking behind him are funnier
>>
>>25756837
nah nah man that's self conscious and satire so it's clever and fun :^)
>>
>>25756812
The blackout thing has been used before in Platinum at least. And holy fuck, I stopped taking any of those seriously and paying attention to the reasons they don't let you through 18 years ago when I couldn't go through to Saffron in Blue because the guards were thirsty.
>>
>>25756765
Candles in the Pokemon world consume life energy. Sounds like a risky operation.
>>
>>25756929
>every candle is a Litwick
>>
>>25756837
Self-referential 4th wall breaking? Much less aggravating than some shitty excuse like a blackout. So what if there's a blackout? I can't walk because the lights aren't on?
>>
>>25756938
Would you want to run the risk?
>>
>>25756938
litwick is no candle is a cupcake
>>
Why couldn't I just attack snorlax while it was sleeping?
>>
>>25756982
That would be rude
>>
>>25756982
Would you like if someone did that to you??

... or you were talking about sex?
>>
>>25756963
Fuck off with your shitty headcanon
>>
>>25756982
Why doesn't snorlax go back to being a roadblock when it uses rest in battle?
>>
>>25756987
But I attack sleeping pokémon all the time in other battles.
>>
>>25756837
That was top-notch self-satire. Maybe even the blackout that actually isn't real is self satire.
>>
>>25757040
>>25756748

It's just a game guys... relax

.... nya :3c
>>
>>25757040
Because that would make the fight extremely annoying.
>>
>>25756748
There were too many blacks and they were afraid you'd get mugged.
>>
>>25757102
Hoenn had the best roadblocks. The only NPCs that blocked you were that one guy looking at footprints in Oldale and Team Aqua/Magma. Everything else needed HMs to get passed.
>>
>>25756837
to add to what the others have already said, it was also a reference to gen 4's Psyduck blocking.

And no, the blackout thing is way worse. The whole city is a fucking mess either way, I got lost so many times in Lumiose.
>>
>>25757469
>everything needed HMs
Which is genuinely much worse when you think about it. Forcing your pokemon to have a move that's essentially limiting you in battle is just not fun.

Hoenn still had a great region. But 8 fucking HMs is 1/3rd of your fucking team wasted in terms of creativity. Lets ignore all the underleveled trainers that appeared despite the region requiring so many HMs. Also Go-goggles was just an item. And you completely ignored it. See how easy it is to just make an item out of a HM?
>>
>>25757516
>I got lost so many times in Lumiose.
Okay that's just you being retarded. I mean for god's sake there's a map on the place.
>>
>>25756748
What was worse is that the random walking people in the background are coming and going while he's telling you that.
>>
>>25757550
every street looks the same.
>>
>>25757556
That's understandable if they live in that district.
>>
>>25757565
>I mean for god's sake there's a map on the place.
Also each street has their own landmarks in shops and such don't blame the game just because you lack the ability to remember what they are.
>>
>>25757587
>don't blame the game
But I can, I paid money for it.
Lumiose city is a mess. Everything looks the same.
>>
>>25757616
>But I can, I paid money for it.
That's not an excuse to blame the game for your own mistakes.
>>
>>25756748
Gen 6 was rushed.
What's to explain?
>>
>>25757631
>That's not an excuse to blame the game for your own mistakes.
Never said it was. Neither an excuse nor 'my own mistakes'. Lumiose city is a mess, everything looks the same.
>>
>>25757548

Not him but the problem with Hoenn wasn't requiring HMs, it was that it required SO DAMN MANY.

The only HMs that are consistently useful in every gen is Surf and Fly (and Fly has become obsolete with the Eon Flute). Cut tends to lose all use past the 4th gym aside from getting items. Strength is caves only. Flash isn't even an HM anymore. Waterfall, while a genuinely really good move for physical water pokemon that you should have anyway, is basically used once per game on the map. And fuck Whirlpool/Dive.
>>
You don't need Fly (although it is handy to have), Flash isn't used except for one cave at the beginning of the game and Waterfall is used in a grand total of three locations (and it's only mandatory in Evergrande). I'm pretty sure Cut is completely optional too and Surf, Fly and Strength were powerful moves. The only real problems were Rock Smash being weak as shit and the fact that there were 3 water HMs.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind HMs being replaced by items, we already have the Eon Flute in ORAS so it's not like Game Freak are completely against the idea. Although I think it would be best if every Pokemon was able to use a HM's field effects as soon as you have the right badge (so after getting the first badge, every Pokemon that could learn Cut is able to cut trees without needing to teach it the move and waste an item slot).
>>
>>25757646
>Lumiose city is a mess, everything looks the same.
Every street has their own landmarks in the form of shops and such.
There is also a map.
The streets do not look the same.

You are blaming the game for your own mistakes.
>>
>>25756837
I accept this cos it was actually pretty funny. Reminded me of the kind of thing you'd see in Mother.
>>
>>25757665
The point is I don't want to be forced a flying type etc every damn game.

I can understand surf. But that's really the only exception. Everything can be solved by making HMs into items. I'm not talking about the Eon Flute which to me doesn't really replace Fly in necessity. What people have against just making them into moves you can use outside of a battle without taking up a permanent spot is really irking me as curious.

Flash not being a HM doesn't really solve the issue if it's still required. (Not sure if it is in ORAS, technically Flash was never 'required' if you love stumbling in the dark)

Also teaching a pokemon surf/fly feels OP to me. Especially if you go from bubble to surf. There's no downsides to surf. But other moves are just extremely useless (Rock Smash, Cut, Flash, Defog)

I don't think Cut or Rock Smash add that much to traversing a region in terms of immersion either.
>>
File: 1435264822379.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1435264822379.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
>>25757711
Every street looks the same.
The camera is shit too.
It's one giant clusterfuck.
It's unmemorable. It's bad design.
Fuck off with your ad hominem. Try to remain objective.
>>
>>25757778
>Also teaching a pokemon surf/fly feels OP to me.

Well if you're going to be competitive then you want good moves. Though Fly is easily replaced by stuff like Brave Bird
>>
>>25757778
They won't turn HMs into items because the point of HMs was to use your pokemon to help you traverse the land. Turn HMs into TMs and make pokemon untradable from outside the pokemon center and the problem is solved
>>
>>25757821
>Well if you're going to be competitive
It negates its original learnset. I want to go from bubble to bubblebeam. Not a sudden burst in strength. But being forced to use Surf all the time when so many water-type moves exist is just not all that fun.

>>25757822
>because the point of HMs was to use your pokemon to help you traverse the land
>Eon Flute
>Riding Pokemon
Weren't made into HMs. Just saying that they're actively trying to reduce HMs (without reducing roadblocks or a sense of adventure traversing the land with pokemon) as they realize it's an unwanted feature. They'd never add a trading restriction since they trying to add more connectivity since gen 5.

I don't see why they couldn't add an item called Flashlight or Defog-machine. Or whatever. I'm sure there's plenty of ways to make roadblocks feel connected to an adventure without making them into HMs.
>>
>>25757808
>Every street looks the same.
>Every street has their own landmarks in the form of shops and such.
It's up to you to remember them like you would with any other game.

>The camera is shit too.
Fair enough, but the area is wide enough for it not to be an issue.

>It's one giant clusterfuck.
I don't think you know what a clusterfuck is. A clusterfuck in the context of Pokemon would be something like Mt. Coronet.

>It's unmemorable. It's bad design.
Subjective, which is hilarious coming from someone who said this after.
>Try to remain objective.

>Fuck off with your ad hominem.
Except the issues you have with it are either your opinion or down to your personal mistakes. It's not exactly an ad hominem if the only thing holding your argument together is you.
>>
>>25757034
is not canon es cupcake
>>
>>25757879
Eon Flute requires Latio/as, and was a way to make them more prominent in the remake, and riding pokemon was implemented for a single pokemon in a small area (I want to ride by skiddo all across Kalos dammit!)
You missed the point, GF wants you to use your pokemon do get past roadblocks so it feels like you are traveling with them instead of just carrying them around as weapons. Not that I don't think items replacing HMs isn't a good idea but GF won't do it.
>>
File: 1399474516927.gif (4 MB, 305x273) Image search: [Google]
1399474516927.gif
4 MB, 305x273
Haven't posted this in a long time
>>
>>25757929
You can ride pokemon in several places actually. But you can't surf everywhere or rocksmash everywhere either. The point is it's a roadblock requiring you to use the pokemon to get to the other side. Instead of forcing a move onto you.

>You missed the point, GF wants you to use your pokemon do get past roadblocks so it feels like you are traveling with them instead of just carrying them around as weapons
I did get the point, I'm saying is they're actively trying to reduce HMs while still giving you the feeling of traveling around with your mon
>>
>>25757951
Then how do you suggest turning HMs into Items while still making it seem like you are using your pokemon to make it past HM roadblocks? Stuff like Eon Flute requires a specific pokemon and doesn't use your own, which is why GF wants
>>
>>25757944
>That shitty quality
Someone needs to make a better one.
>>
>>25757992
>you are using your pokemon
Is that the issue? Using a different pokemon? Considering Riding and Soaring not require your own pokemon is that an issue to you?

I'm just wondering. I can see how that is less immersive than if it were your own pokemon. But how immersion breaking is surfing on a non-specific blob to you? Because that's essentially the same (to me).
>>
File: 1458531095416.jpg (141 KB, 534x820) Image search: [Google]
1458531095416.jpg
141 KB, 534x820
>>25756837
It does feel like the type of bullshit you'll run into when you're in New York City so I can give this a pass.
Fucking beggers man. I can't even take the train in peace without some banshee screeching for pocket change and people with "siblings" or "children" in dire need of an "operation".
>>
>>25758053
It's not the same to GF is what I'm saying
>>
>>25758063
>beggars
Fucking hate them

>going to pick up Pokken and preorder Star Fox
>before I make it to GAME a beggar comes up behind me and touches my back
>I turn around and now he's there acting all friendly
>says there's something in my hair and gets right up in my face and sticks his hand in my head
>all of this is happening before I realize how to react to it
>asks for money
>say I need it for the shop
>dude says he'll come with me so I can give him the change
>say I'm going somewhere else
>he finally leaves
I had a long shower when I got home.
>>
>>25758163
How is it not? Can you not see the increased amount of roadblocks introduced that are not HM dependent? Can you not see the increased amount of roadblocks pokemon dependent?

They're definitely going this way.
>>
>>25758164
Lol are you serious, that really happened to you? I know you were caught off guard, and there's also being nice, but I would've said something due to having a complete stranger touching me.
And actually having a beggar follow has got to be both annoying and nerve wracking. Imagine those fuckers following you back to your home?
>>
>>25756748
Can't you read?!
There was a black out. Luckily the police fixed this.
>>
>>25758220
>but I would've said something due to having a complete stranger touching me.
Thing is, before I turned around I thought it was someone that I knew since they know I always walk around with my earplugs in and it's hard to get my attention by shouting.
After that it was just a bunch of confusion for a while because this unknown man was just in my face.

>Imagine those fuckers following you back to your home?
Well I have to take the bus to get into town anyway so it's not really a worry especially since there's several stops between there and the one I get off at. I also don't get off at the same spot I get on at.

In any case
>>
>>25758063
>Broke as fuck, living on my own
>Take a greyhound bus back home for the holidays
At one of the stops a homeless black dude yells at me as I'm walking to get some food and ends up running to catch up to me before telling me its unsafe around here and then giving me advice on where the food is around here.
Of course, the bus passed all these places on the way on so I know where I'm headed, but I don't want to be a dick and just kind of nod and say thanks.
But hes still following me, and asks if that advice was worth a tip.
I tell him don't have any cash, and he retorts with the ides that I could buy him something to eat when I get my food.
I tell him I'm way too broke for that and dig a coupon for McDonalds out of my wallet, which makes him suck his teeth and call this a waste of time before crossing the street and thankfully leaving.
At the next stop a homeless guy stops me for the left over Chinese I got at the last stop.
Fuck greyhound loiterers, god damn, if I had money to spare I wouldn't be getting around the country on a shitty bus.
>>
>>25758322
>In any case
That'll teach me for finishing the captcha before the post
Anyway, I wasn't even expecting a beggar on the inside of the mall because there's usually people preventing them from entering at every entrance.
>>
>>25758164
I will never take a greyhound bus to anywhere ever again. It's not like an airport where everyone is screened before entering, they let literally anyone hang out there.

So you got homeless fucks pestering you for money and cigarettes during your 5 hour layovers. People who aren't passengers will just sit there and sleep on benches and it is ALWAYS filthy.

Funny thing is, airline is about the same price nowadays.
>>
Kanto:
>Drunk old guy
>"look at the gym" guy in Pewter
>Policeman
>Cut
>Snorlax
>Thirsty guard
>Surf
Badge check

Johto
>Sudowoodo
>"you have finished your sightseeing WHEN I SAY YOU HAVE"
>twice
>cut in ilex
>no challenge because of sick ampharos
>whirlpool
>badge shit

Hoenn:
>Footprints
>Rock smash
>Letter
>Magma/Aqua Grunts
>Rock smash again
>Grunts again
>Surf
>Grunts again
>Wailmer
>Waterfall

All i remember
>>
>>25757548
You actually can use every HM with just a Crawdaunt and Tropius.

But yeah, worse than roadblocks.
>>
>>25757711
Uhhh, no. Every street definitely looks the same. The buildings are all the same colour and height.
>>
File: 1459030804738.gif (87 KB, 192x197) Image search: [Google]
1459030804738.gif
87 KB, 192x197
>>25758063
>have a girl from Indonesia that I'm teaching English to
>All she does is tell about all the stuff she hears about New York and always says she can't wait to meet me one day amd hopefully attend college/university here
>one day she asks to see a photo of the city
>she thinks it's really beautiful and I see it
>alright (fug)
>go take a picture of the Citi building
>she sees it and her urge to come to New York increases even more because she thinks every part of New York is beautiful like those stock photos on Google
>I can't tell her the truth
>I can't tell her I live in one of the most shittiest places in New York
>mfw if she does come here I might single handingly crush her spirit by showing her how shitty and dirty this place really is

America isn't freedom. It's despair.
>>
>>25759147
that's still 1/3rd of your team wasted on roadblocks
>>
>>25759583
>America isn't freedom. It's despair.
I'm still not really sure why the US isn't classified as a second world country. It ticks pretty much all the boxes.
>>
>>25759811
Because first world = US and allies, second world = USSR and allies, third world = anybody else. It has nothing to do with economic development level.
>>
>>25759162
>Every street definitely looks the same. The buildings are all the same colour and height.
It would help if you weren't colorblind.
>>
>>25759811
The US is still a very powerful country with a strong economy. Most of its problems are with its shitty prison system and shit-heads thinking they're entitled to shit.
>>
>>25760032
>making them a different color solves the problem
It doesn't. You shit. The colors do not represent the content.
>>
>>25756825
xD XDDD LMAO F A M xD
>>
>>25761283
>It doesn't. You shit. The colors do not represent the content.
>making them look different means they look the same
I hope you realise this is exactly what you said given the context of the situation.
>>
>>25759583
Every big city except maybe Singapore has its own share of filth and shittiness. I used to live in Paris and while it has pretty neighborhoods and buildings it's still a far cry from the idealistic and romanticized vision most tourists have of it. Pretty sure it's been like that since big cities existed.
>>
>>25759583
Anon: you have to be honest with her.
>Take a photo of the outside of your building.
"I don't live in such a big tower, this is my little home"
>Take a photo of your hallway
"The inside of the building is older, but we try and keep it well."
>Take a picture of your shitty apartment
>Delete it
>CLEAN AND DUST
>TAKE DOWN the EMBARRASSING WAIFU POSTERS
>Arrange furniture. You have more than a desk and a PC.
>take ANOTHER picture of your shitty apartment.
"Here is what My apartment looks like, it is humble but I call it home."
>Send.
Indonesian Grill will still want to come to America because the average Indonesian apartment is pic related.
>>
>>25756748
There was a terrorist attack but he doesn't want to scare you
>>
>>25757711
Its own landmarks? They each have different shops that are nearly indistinguishable from each other unless you stop to read their signs. The camera in Lumiose is also garbage.
>>
Explain? The man clearing said that there was a _________________________________________________________________________
>>
>>25756748
That guy is racist, and doesn't want any dark-skinned people carousing about in his neighborhood.
>>
File: 5.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
5.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>25756837
Not as bad as this bs
>>
>>25756748
I believe the term is 'plot-blocking'.
You know, kind of like a cross between 'plot-armor' and 'cock-blocking'?
>>
>>25757665
Flying is still faster than using the Eon Flute in OR/AS dipshit, it's not obsolete.
>>
>>25759147
I use sharpedo in place of crawdaunt because it can learn the same 4 HMs but is also a very fast surfer.
>>
>>25766850
Ooh, a whole 10 second difference. That's totally worth not being able to mirage spots, wasting a moveslot, AND not being able get most of the legendaries!
>>
>>25764138
>>
>>25767086
I'd say it's more like five seconds.
>>
>>25764138
>All four are thirsty
Somehow splits a cup of tea/bottle of water four ways without moving
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.