[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so few of Ash's Pokemon evolve?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 29
File: 800px-Heracross_sap[1].png (441 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
800px-Heracross_sap[1].png
441 KB, 800x450
Why do so few of Ash's Pokemon evolve?
>>
to sell merchandise
>>
>>25753971

Most cases it because they are 'cutemons' or 'postermons' to appeal a fanbase and evolving them is like making Pikachu evolve in their eyes.
>>
>>25753971
Ash has more evolved Pokemon than he does non-evolved.
>>
It's propaganda to get children to accept their inferiority.
>It's ok if you can't compete with the elite, at least you'll have your imaginary monster friends :D
>>
File: Ash's Pokemon.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ash's Pokemon.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>25753971

I don't understand this meme. The majority of them either have evolved or don't have evolutions to begin with.
>>
>>25753995
Discounting Pokemon that don't evolve and Pokemon he caught in their evolved form. It's mostly starters which makes the least sense because he is generally with his starters the longest.
>>
>>25753995
Wish they gave him Froslass instead of Glalie, he doesn't have any ghosts.
>>
>>25754020
Ghosts are too OP in the anime.
>>
>Pikachu gets his ass handed to him by Raichu
>He immediately refuses to ever evolve into a Raichu

Bitch, you're not fooling anyone with this "pride" bullshit.
>>
>>25753980
This.

But if we're going to get into this, including previous Pokemon.
Fully/Partially evolved: Greninja, Talonflame, Noivern, Goodra, Charizard, Kingler, Bayleef, Quilava, Donphan, Swellow, Sceptile, Glalie, Staraptor, Torterra, Infernape, Gliscor, Unfezant, Pignite, Leavanny, Boldore, Krookodile, Pidgeot, Butterfree

Unevolved: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Totodile, Corphish, Buizel, Gible, Oshawott, Snivy, Scraggy, Palpitoad, Squirtle

Can't Evolve: Hawlucha, Muk, Tauros, Snorlax, Heracross, Torkoal, Primeape, Lapras, Noctowl

The majority of Ash's Pokemon have evolved compared to the few he's had that haven't or can't.
>>
>>25754007

>Froakie evolved all the way to Greninja.
>Charmander evolved all the way to Charizard.
>Chimchar evolved all the way to Infernape.
>Treecko evolved all the way to Sceptile.
>Chikorita evolved into Bayleef.
>Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava.
>Tepig evolved into Pignite.
>Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Snivy, Totodile, and Oshawott never evolved.
>>
>>25754027

He should have gotten a Honedge, something "physical" enough that it doesn't fall into the usual anime Ghost-type tropes.
>>
>>25754035
If only Ash's Johto starters didn't get screwed out of proper screen time by Ash bringing his older Pokemon with him to Johto.
>>
>>25753971
Seems like it's mostly his starters which sucks since those are often his powerhouses
>No (Mega )Venusaur ever
>No Meganium
>No ADHD Feraligatr
>No Typhlosion
>No qt Serperior
>Gible didn't evolve at all
>Wasn't a Gabite for the fight with Tobias so it could have evolved into Garchomp and fucked over Darkrai or Latios
Would have been cool as shit though I guess that would create the problem of why wouldn't he use Garchomp for every battle or having to have Garchomp job it over and over again
>>
>>25754035

Forgot:
>Turtwig evolved all the way to Torterra.

Honestly, Ash has a pretty good track record for evolving starters at this point.
>>
>>25753995
>The Tauros are still around

Amazing.
>>
File: Guy Incognito.png (106 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Guy Incognito.png
106 KB, 300x300
>>25754049
>Totodile comes back to evolve
>Just as retarded as it was before even after becoming a massive feraligatr
Would be so down for this
>>
>>25754031
Noctowl and Muk are fully evolved while Palpitoad is already partially evolved.
>>
>>25753995
I'd love to see some more episodes showing Ash's Pokemon interacting with each other at the Lab.
>>
>>25754139
I always loved that giant pokemon island episode. Wish there were more like it.
>>
>>25754065
Yes, I know, but I was listing Pokemon that actually evolved throughout the course of Ash's training. He never obtained Noctowl as a Hoothoot, or Muk as a Grimer. He also got Palpitoad as it was, and so it is basically unevolved.

I could have handled the list better, though.
>>
>>25754049
>>Wasn't a Gabite for the fight with Tobias so it could have evolved into Garchomp and fucked over Darkrai or Latios
He will most likely have Goodra back for the Kalos league so it'll be interesting to see how they handle him using a fully-evolved pseudo in a league. So far Goodra has been depicted as ridiculously powerful and bulky so it's not like they nerfed it or made it job.
>>
>>25754246
So far it's bulky Goodra and his Noivern took out Zapdos.
>>
>>25754252
>and his Noivern took out Zapdos
No?
>>
>>25754049
easy, it would've evolved so drastically so quickly that it wouldn't be used to/grown into Garchomp's ridiculous power (wasn't it already still trying to master its power as a Gible? or at least really young or something), it would've just used it in a big badass spectacle against Darkrai/Latios under extreme duress, and then it would've fainted anyway because muh Pikachu spotlight

I hadn't thought of this and I'm a bit mad it didn't happen
>>
>>25754271
It was temporarily knocked unconscious and falling out of the sky, exactly like Ash's Talonflame when it was defeated by Moltres. It didn't even have the strenght to free itself from Team Rocket's binds afterwards.
>>
File: pe7XwOB.png (195 KB, 495x263) Image search: [Google]
pe7XwOB.png
195 KB, 495x263
Because the anime is too showcase the starter Pokemon and merchandise. They always have Ash see other peoples evolved starters though every now and then.

Kinda dumb though since 99% of Pokemon fans buy the games day one and evolve/box their starter within a day. The anime is always behind.
>>
>>25754271
Just how Moltres took out his Talonflame Noivern took out Zapdos.
>>
>>25754031

You forgot Primeape
>>
Also Hawlucha was winning against Zapdos but his little one kept distracting him.

>>25754324
it's like you never even read the thread saying how the mindset is pretty stupid since Ash has more evolved and "unable to evolve" mons than unevolved mons
>>
>>25754385
So did Ash.
>>
>>25754436
Maybe at one point Ash did try to get his Primape back but it turns out that the guy who Ash gave Primeape to was a professional con-man looking for strong fighting types to bolster the strength of the Saffron City fighting dojo, who are secretly lying in wait, waiting for the day when they strike Sabrina at her weakest and reclaim what was rightfully theirs.
>>
File: primeape.png (1 MB, 1280x398) Image search: [Google]
primeape.png
1 MB, 1280x398
>>25754436
No he didn't,
>>
>>25754539
>Tfw no slice of life spin-off ala Mega Evolution Special with shenanigans featuring the Pokemon at Oak's lab or the 'Mon Ash released over the years
>Tfw instead we got the Pokemon Chronicles episodes which featured too much Cassidy and Buckaroo
I want to cry.
>>
>>25754552
>you will never get an episode of his Pokemon having a Yakuza storyline with Ash's Pokemon and Ash's 26 Tauros over Oak's Lab Territory
>>
>>25754436
>>25754539
technically it was a dub thing

from what I gathered he wanted to leave Primape
>>
>>25754007
As far as I count Ash has a record of (not counting pokemon like Raticate, Haunter and Larvitar).
>19 fully evolved pokemon (12 of them evolved two stages)
>5 halfway evolved pokemon (Pikachu included)
>3 fully evolved upon catch pokemon
>11 pokemon that never evolved (6 of them could evolve two stages)
>4 pokemon withouth evolution

As a sidenote Krookodile is the only one he caught evolved and still evolved another stage.
>>
>>25754635
>5 pokemon without evolution

Fixed, I forgot Lapras.
>>
>>25753971
cute pokemon = more kids audience
>>
>>25754656
Never too late to be wrong, huh?
>>
>>25754661
not to mention cutemons are lately given to other people than Ash
>>
>>25754552
Honestly why can't we get this? Pokémon is about the Pokémon. I don't give a fuck about Ashy-boy. I want to see Pokémon interacting, causing fights and resolving them. And with the amount of Pokémon Ash has now there would be great variety.
>>
>>25754669
>Oak's Lab becomes a mystery dungeon-esque spin off
Fund it
>>
>>25754669
This issue is also in the games to be honest.
>>
>>25754669
>complains about Ash
>when the very reason he wants something is because of Ash to begin with
>>
>>25754007
> It's mostly starters which makes the least sense because he is generally with his starters the longest.
If he has been with them the longest time then it makes the more sense that they are evolved.
>>
Why watch it at all? Hundreds of hours of very little development, the same shit every episode, Ash is dumb, it's a kids show designed to sell merchandise and its not even a good watch

Why watch it at all?
>>
>>25755046
>Ash is dumb
every fucking time
>>
>>25755046
The games are the same way.
>>
>>25755054
Being eccentric should only throw off people who are unable to pay attention. A real trainer would squash him clean, as E4 and champions have.
>>
>>25754552
I'll be honest.

I would totally watch this.
>>
>>25755066
You do realize he even catches Champions off guard right? Most of the time they are only relying on raw power. And again anime operates on a different fight.

I mean seriously, is BW and OS your point of reference?
>>
>>25755073
...Has he seriously managed to do something to Diantha? If so, that makes her the worst Champion to ever be put in the show, and no, I will not count Drake, since Orange is a remedial backwater that shouldn't even be considered a league. As far as I know, all other Champions are invincible against anything other than E4 level opponents.
>>
>>25755110
He lost obviously, but he managed to put up a longer fight.

But seriously, I am wondering what this "Ash" you are thinking of in a fight.
>>
>>25755115
The question is if he managed to score a hit.
>>
>>25753971
Because Ash never evolves
>>
>>25755125
Nope. Teleport thing.

They are however going to fight again.
>>
>>25755110
>If so, that makes her the worst Champion to ever be put in the show
Fitting because she's the absolute worst in the games
>>
>>25755139
Nah, she is better, way better in the anime. Actually deserving of the title.

Of course considering the atmosphere in this thread I'd rather leave and let clueless/ignorant people just "discuss" about it despite having other people already telling otherwise.
>>
>>25755135
Interesting, I'm amazed that they even allowed him to be able to counter a champion at all. Still, I wouldn't count that for much. It's like trying to play the real thing after playing the little kid version your whole life.
>>
>>25754030
>proceeds to BTFO 3 Raichu in a row
>>
>>25755168
again, you underestimate XY Ash

they've been also foreshadowing Pikachu learning the ability to cut through sphere attacks which was Diantha's signature, as well as just mental communication which Diantha was doing
>>
File: 57.jpg (150 KB, 539x946) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
150 KB, 539x946
>yfw during the obligatory return to Oak's Lab episode we will never see a flock of Pidgey being led by a Pidgeot
>yfw we will never have that Pidgeot recognize Ash and fly to him
>yfw we will never have the heartfelt reunion that was meant to be
>>
>>25755192
We'll see. I don't expect anything, though. We know it's not going to happen for real, so why would they even pretend that it IS going to happen? For the poor sap noobies that are unaware of the nature of the anime? I doubt that sort of thing happens that much anymore. Anyone going into the anime will assuredly wind up amidst the discussions on it, and they will immediately be dumped on with the info of decades. Suffice it to say, I don't think even children are that dumb.
>>
>>25755227
you have no idea how Japanese children work do you

>caring about the ending and not the journey

might as well not play Pokemon or video games in general
>>
>>25755237
No children work that way, not unless smartphone land changed that. If so, that is disgusting and they'll never be able to do anything in life.
>>
>>25755250
it's just a show for them anon, they don't obsess about it unlike the people in the internet

and yes, in Japan the children don't actually do online shit much as they still rely on magazine showings, it's why you still see live shows and events, because internet haven't swallowed them at that age
>>
>>25753995
He got all three Unova starters and not even one of them fully evolved. Only Tepig evolved once into Pignite.
>>
>>25754539
>Primeape makes a cameo
>Pidgeot never will even though he lives right next to Pallet Town
>>
>>25753971
the status quo is god
>>
>>25753995
Fully Evolved: 19
Partly Evolved: 6
Not Evolved: 8
>>
>>25755266
That's a lie, and I know it is. There's no way that kids haven't wanted to play with that junk ever since it was made. You'll probably ask me why Coro Coro still exists, then. You might as well ask me why any magazine, even the ones in America, still exists, and the answer is: beats the heck out of me. Probably the same reason comics still exist: it's what people understand, even though technology can make that far more convenient now. I would think kids would far more easily embrace the Internet than us old fogeys, still pushing paper around. (and if you insist that has to be the way, you're a douchebag)
>>
>>25755320
>
Not Evolved: 9
Forgot Squirtle
>>
>>25755321
>lie

Hahahah he really doesn't know about Japanese kids.

You can't really compare them to American kids who pretty much have grown people feed their children iPad. Japanese don't do that.
>>
Big Pokemon are too exspensive and awkward to draw into the show. That's why never evolved or evolved towards the end of the series
>>
>>25755331
That's preposterous. Japan LIVES on technology. Of course they would shill that junk, even worse than we do.
>>
>>25755341
They have technology but they have responsible parenting too anon. It's why most of their children's products are still alive and kicking rather than being strained in apps.

It's why Tamagotchi still exists there.
>>
>>25755331
>You can't really compare them to American kids who pretty much have grown people feed their children iPad.
You can. The only difference is instead of iPads it's whatever new tech Sony has put out.
>>
>>25755351
Is that what this is about? That's not true, it's because nothing ever dies in Japan, though why, I don't know.
>>
>>25755356
Nah the cheap toys are for kids. Once they go past that though...

>>25755369
Technically tamagotchi is probably dying since their show got canned and I haven't seen their TAMAGOTCHI4U commercials.

And something about how they manage their brand. Like I said, it's how you rarely see children being "watched over" by tablets, at most the parents are still there.
>>
>>25755369
Actually, it may have something to do with the matter their lives are so regimented. Things just get piled on and it becomes a part of them without question. Things being repetitive and droll is just something they accept.
>>
File: mpgt40aShF1qz4rgp.jpg (71 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
mpgt40aShF1qz4rgp.jpg
71 KB, 400x267
>Didn't watched Best Wishes entirely and was already mid way through the XY anime
>I thought how Ash returns everytime to Pallet Town after each journey
>"It should be cool see Ash meeting all his old pokémon again in Pallet"
>Download the last 3 eps of BW just to watch it
>It was cool he reaching Pallet and stuff, even nostalgic
>He gets in Prof. Oak laboratory
>"Here we go!"
>He only sees Bulbasaur and his Unovamons (including Charizard) and THIS IS IT
>mfw
At least that Cilan and Brock episode was very Chronicles-ish, I liked it.
>>
>>25755379
Well, they might have better family values, but I doubt that changes how they get information. It's just far more efficient.
>>
>Past pokemon that they will evolve in the future
>Pignite to Emboar
>Gible to Gabite(Garmchop is too op)
>Scraggy to Scrafty(Egg pokemon evolve after a season, see Phanphy , May's eevee and other)

>Pokemon that they will never evolve
>Pikachu
>Bulbasaur
>Buizel
>Snivy
>Oshawott
>Totodile

>Pokemon than maybe evolve in the future
>Bayleaf to Meganium
>Quilava to Tiplosion
>Corphish
>>
>>25754552
>hating on Cassidy and Bernard
Fuck off
>>
>>25755402
Why would children want to "get" information? All they care are the stuff in front of them.
>>
>>25755397
He also gets stampeeded by the Tauros herd.
>>
>>25755434
Indeed. What is immediately apparent? The Internet. Even if you still have magazines lying around, there is far more to see on the Internet.
>>
>>25755474
have you seen Japanese sites? the only place where you see spoilers and shit are in 2ch

also you probably are confusing on the anime's target audience: kodomo or young child, younger than shonen or shojo, the same age that targets anpanman and doraemon
>>
>>25755509
How in the world do they talk about anything, then? It would have to involve spoilers somewhere.
>>
>>25755535
they don't

the usual shit you see in playground

they don't care about what happens in the old stuff
>>
>>25755543
Even talking about current episodes is still spoilers. They can still find out about other episodes from others. The Internet is still far more efficient. Do you not understand how conversations work at all?
>>
>>25755574
you do realize they have "what's next" shit right? and next eps are shown in magazines too?
>>
File: DDenUbT.gif (938 KB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
DDenUbT.gif
938 KB, 500x292
>>25755420
>mfw he random uses Pignite for the league and he evolves
>>
>>25755627
randomly*
>>
>>25755617
Hmmm...interesting. As far as I know, magazines and comics ARE the only source of information on that. Quite curious. Of course, how stupid of me. You continue to be relevant by having info that can't be found anywhere else, not even the Internet. That being said, though, one wonders why they don't put it on the Internet first unless they make a greater profit by putting it in a published work.
>>
>>25755666
Because the target audience don't really do much online shit outside of kiddie sites.

Hell to this day they still use phone-voting.
>>
>>25753995

You're a brand new pokemon trainer, but the Professor is out of starters. Ash is in town and in his unlimited kindness says you can have any one of these pokemon to be your new starter. Who do you pick?

No choosing Pikachu
>>
>>25753995
He never got Primeape back?
>>
>>25755717
Muk

Honourable mention to Kingler and Tauros
>>
>>25755733
see>>25754539
>>
>>25755717
Tauros duh.
>>
>>25754539
I could've sworn that Squirtle was with the rest of the Squad as head of the Vermillion City Fire Department
>>
>>25756150
That pic is from an OP (or was it an ED?) and has a few inaccuracies, including, yes, Squirtle and Primeape. His actual Oak ranch Pokémon haul is as depicted in this photo at the end of BW: >>25753995
>>
File: Ash vs Diantha webm.webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Ash vs Diantha webm.webm
1 MB, 854x480
>>25755168
>>
File: 1458374109073.png (110 KB, 200x337) Image search: [Google]
1458374109073.png
110 KB, 200x337
>mfw watching pokemon anime from the start
I never realised it as a kid but Ash is... so bad, almost all his badges in the Indigo league are given to him because the leaders liked him, but because he won

When does he start getting good?
>>
When he gets to Hoenn he starts evolving his pretty much all his pokemon except Pikachu
>>
>>25756271
DP then a big ass downfall in intelligens BW than back up in XY.
>>
>>25756253
Ash Greninja can do the same thing Diantha does with Gardevoir of issuing/receiving directions on instinct. It'll be an interesting battle.
>>
>>25756271
There are almost no pity badges post Kanto. Whenever he got one (like against Maylene in DP) was because he tied, not because he did unrelated shit like in Kanto.
>>
>>25756290
Looks like it's from a new OP tbqh.
>>
>>25756271
He ups his game in the Johto league and is fairly consistent through Hoenn. He does well in Sinnoh too but a lot of that is riding the dicks of a few specific pokemon. Then he has an aneurysm and forgets everything in BW, but I hear he picks up again in XY.
>>
>>25756301
Even if it is, when Diantha was shown battling Ash in a previous OP the battle happened for real and there have been no cases of fake important events in XY OPs. It'll happen.
>>
>>25753971
He doesn't love them enough
>>
I think it's because Ash usually ends up with all the starters for marketing reasons, and if he evolved them all his team would be OP so some have to be left in their shitty form
>>
>>25756348
Which is why his regional teams are better when he only gets one starter. He got two to final evolution in DP but Infernape got all the glory while Torterra was an awful jobber who never won an official match. Right now he only has Greninja and it's gone as far as getting an exclusive mega.
>>
>>25754031
You're an idiot.
>>
>>25756357
>Torterra was an awful jobber who never won an official match

God I felt awful for Torterra. At least things like Totodile and Chikorita were never supposed to be powerful battlers.
>>
>>25755126
kek
>>
>>25754045
This was retarded. Wasn't his team ALL unevolved starters + Pikachu at one point?
>>
>>25756420
yes and pideotto
>>
>>25755420
>>Scraggy to Scrafty(Egg pokemon evolve after a season, see Phanphy , May's eevee and other)
You can scrap that, he's got Noivern from egg
>>
>>25753995
>>25754539
I just hope he uses his old Pokemon in the kalos league
>>
>>25755627
No because he has other Pokemon more deserving of that then Pignite
>>
File: 1449277510589.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449277510589.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>25755420
>tfw when best snek will never evolve.

So sad
>>
>>25756271
First he was only just getting started so it was natural he wasn't going to be that good. Second he still earns all his badges in Kanto. Sure in some cases it was just stopping Team Rocket like always but he still did something to earn the badge.

But Johto is when he starts getting good concluding with the win against Gary.
>>
File: Ash's Pokemon.png (166 KB, 764x762) Image search: [Google]
Ash's Pokemon.png
166 KB, 764x762
>>25753971

He has more evolved Pokemon than unevolved ones.
>>
>>25756394
The worst part was it was pretty good as a Turtwig but once it evolved it never won again.
>>
>>25759065
thank god. servine looks like shit and it isn't going to evolve again
>>
File: 31059362[1].jpg (72 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
31059362[1].jpg
72 KB, 960x540
>>25759065

Snivy was already perfect the way she was.
>>
>>25759187
Where is heracross
>>
File: Ash's Pokemon.png (171 KB, 853x761) Image search: [Google]
Ash's Pokemon.png
171 KB, 853x761
>>25759246

Added, thanks.
>>
File: 1454389180599.png (23 KB, 661x489) Image search: [Google]
1454389180599.png
23 KB, 661x489
>>25759193

>Kalos league
>Ash teaches it Rock Polish
>>
So which of his pokemon will he mega evolve?
>>
File: 1458247892029.png (236 KB, 390x410) Image search: [Google]
1458247892029.png
236 KB, 390x410
>>25759283
>they use the league battle to debut Torterranite
>>
>>25754656
Kids often want to see edgy fully evolved strong pokémon.
>>
>>25759608
Which is why Ash's team usually has both.
>>
File: 1385091530196.png (79 KB, 887x760) Image search: [Google]
1385091530196.png
79 KB, 887x760
So if we go by the precedent that Sinnoh set with Quilava evolving at the league, which of Ash's mons do you want to see evolve?

And I know one occurrence does not mean it will ever happen again but just suppose it will.
>>
>>25756246
To be fair, Charizard was in Chariffic Valley, but went to live with Oak just in case Ash needed him.
>>
>>25759832
Quilava itself evolving again into Typhlosion.
>>
The Meloetta short confused the fuck out of me. Ash's Pikachu, Tepig, Pignite, Scraggy, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Chikorita, Treecko, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Chimchar Snivy, Oshawott all appear.
Iris' Axew and Emolga.
Brock's Croagunk and Mudkip.
Misty's Togepi and Psyduck
Cilans Pansage and Crustle
May's Munchlax, Torchic
Dawn's Piplup and Buneary
Meowth and Wobbuffett

What the fuck.
>>
File: Ash_Haunter.png (393 KB, 625x480) Image search: [Google]
Ash_Haunter.png
393 KB, 625x480
>this Haunter from Episode 21 was the closest Ash has ever been to catching a Ghost type and it was given away to Sabrina
>he has yet to capture a Ghost type
WHY MUST THEY DO THIS? What was so wrong with letting him have a goofy ghost?
>>
File: Confusing.png (779 KB, 844x441) Image search: [Google]
Confusing.png
779 KB, 844x441
>>25759986
>No Tracy Maril
>>
>>25759304

Ash Greninja is his Mega
>>
>>25760079
>Ash's Charmander, Pikachu, Oshawott, Pignite, Tepig, Larvitar, Squirtle, Snivy, Scraggy, Treecko, Corphish, Totodile, Chikorita, Chimchar, Turtwig, Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil
>Misty's Togepi and Psyduck
>Brock's Croagunk and Mudkip
>May's Torchic and Munchlax
>James' Mime Jr.
>Dawn's Piplup and Pacharisu
>Iris's Emolga and Axew
>Cilan's Crustle and Pansage
>Snorlax from Pikachu's Rescue
>The fucking Pichu Bros and Notch Ear'd Pichu
>Plusle and Minun from another short
>Kelcleon from Pikachu's Pikaboo
>Wynaut from another short
>Larvitar is possibly Ash's
>Rilou
>FUCKING ANIME JIGGLYPUFF

The fuck is this?
>>
>>25759187
>goodra
>released
>>
File: Noivern VS Zapdos.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Noivern VS Zapdos.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>25754271
>>
>>25755717
Bulbasaur or squirtle
like in the games
>>
>>25759986
That short was completely outside of continuity, even more-so than usual. It was just an excuse to show a bunch of popular Pokemon from throughout the series' run.
>>
>>25760237
Melotta's Moonlight Serenade/Sparkling Recital. It was the short paired with the Keldeo movie. Don't think too hard about why all of those Pokemon were together (including a few like Misty's Togepi, who evolved). There's no explanation.
>>
Because cute NFE pokemon are more marketable to Japan's kawaii culture.
>>
>>25753971
>Not enough love and training.
>>
File: I am the night.jpg (741 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
I am the night.jpg
741 KB, 1280x1440
>>25762464
>Ash had the cutest cutemon in gen 6
>evolved into a menacing shitwrecker
I don't think they follow that rule to the letter anymore.
>>
File: 8171.png (189 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
8171.png
189 KB, 800x450
>>25762565
>Ash
>Lacking love
you take that back you fucking nigger
>>
>>25761509
Is that boomburst or sonicboom?

Also that zapdos twitch bothers me.
>>
Grass types are meant to be the easiest to level up and evolve. Yet half of his grass starters are still first stage whereas his fire starters (the technically hardest to lvl and evolve) are at least 2nd stage or final stage.
>>
>>25763022
Boomburst
>>
>>25763045
Game logic =/= anime logic
>>
>>25763050
Dude that's a 140 dmg attack. He should destroy most opponents with it.

100% accuracy. Damn son!
>>
So who's going to be Ash's final flying type for this gen?
>>
>>25762362
But the fact Buneary, Skitty, Vulpix or Maril aren't there make me wonder.
>>
>>25755420
>Corphish
Doubt.jpg
>>
Best on Ash using his dragon/flying vs the ice gym leader.
>>
>>25763045
He knows Grassmons are shit so he doesn't bother with them.
>>
>>25763109
bets*
>>
>>25763077
Zapdos had taken a single Hi-Jump Kick from Hawlucha (powerful move but not very effective) and then that single Boomburst took it out, so it looks like they're treating it as extremely strong in the anime as well, especially considering that anime legendaries are depicted as in a league of their own.

As an aside, Noibat's strenght progression was crazy. He only had Supersonic and Tackle for a long time, then in the span of seven episodes he learned Acrobatics, evolved and learned Boomburst. Went from the jokemon to the Pokémon with the strongest attacks in the team.
>>
File: Ash vs Wulfric webm.webm (795 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Ash vs Wulfric webm.webm
795 KB, 854x480
>>25763128
No, he's using hawlucha and talonflame.
>>
>>25763143
wow so he's not BW levels of stupid.
That's cool.
>>
>>25763148
He has used type advantage in some way in literally every XY gym battle....
>>
>>25763143
>>25763148
>>25763161
It's particularly smart since Talonflame takes neutral damage from ice and deals super-effective fire damage on Avalugg while Hawlucha takes x2 ice damage from Abomasnow but just 1/2 grass damage and does x2 damage with both flying and fighting moves (and does Flying Press do x4?).
>>
>>25755341
>That's preposterous. Japan LIVES on technology
You really don't know shit about Japan if you really think this. For Japanese, tech is not a replacement for things in life like it is here in the west. They're not the high tech society you think they are. Kids are not nearly as conditioned to the net as they are here. Even for adults, physical magazines and such are still popular. Not to mention their webdesign is years behind. Though that's actually a good thing because modern webdesign is fucking cancer.
>>
>>25760039
Ash never even captured Haunter, it just followed him around like Jigglypuff did. We never saw Ash throw a pokeball at it, and in the next episode its just floating around like it was following him.
>>
>>25763729
But he battled Sabrina with it. Is it allowed to battle gym leaders with wild pokemon?
>>
>>25761509
I'd love to one day see ash catch a legendary and pull a tobias during a league match. It would be glorious!
>>
>>25761509
Wow, people have actually been saying that the animation is the saving grace of the current pokemon anime? This looks like garbage.
>>
>>25763124
Then explain Sceptile and Torterra.
>>
>>25753971
Disregarding that a lot of them did evolve, Ash has a weird prejudice against evolving pokemon. There's also the fact that in the anime, pokemon only evolve during emotionally intense scenes, rather than when they gain enough exp.

There's also the actual answer of "to sell merchandise".
>>
>>25764122
Jobber and Mega-Jobber.
>>
File: 1454267204875.jpg (35 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1454267204875.jpg
35 KB, 250x250
>>25764151
>sceptile
>jobber
>>
>>25763743
It wasn't wild It was Sabrina's
>>
File: Korrina VS Ash.webm (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Korrina VS Ash.webm
2 MB, 480x270
>>25764082
>>
File: Ash vs Clemont.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Ash vs Clemont.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>25764082
That was probably the worst animated episode of the series. One of the few episodes made by koreans. The usual animators where busy working on other episodes.
>>
>>25753995
I kinda forgot, how did he get a whole herd of Tauros?
>>
>>25764571
Safari Zone episode which was never aired in American due to Guns. He was a fucking idiot and caught like 26 or 30z
>>
>>25753971
>ash

because satoshi is a shitty trainer.
>>
>>25764147
What about Paras.

It's the first one off the top of my head that I remember evolving after defeating another pokemon
>>
>>25759832
Corphish. It comes out, gets kicked around by some fag's Metagross, evolves, Dragon Dances, Takes no damage from a Psychic, and wrecks face.
>>
>>25764858
Not really. The Tauros just stampeded infront of his thrown Safari Balls. He clearly aimed for a Rhyhorn, but then TAUROS.
>>
>>25763045
Bulbasaur didn't want to evolve, and Bayleef/Snivy are girls who don't care about getting stronger.
>>
>>25753995
I don't understand, if Ash is supposed an everyman, a quintessential trainer, then he should be evolving all his fucking pokemon

I don't know if they refused to make Pikachu evolve because it was the mascot, or its popularity was due in part to its refusal to evolve or whatever, I was probably 5 or 6 when pokemania started so i don't remember as clearly, but fine. Pikachu gets a pass but that doesn't really explain why the anime writers refused to let Bulbasaur evolve. Squirtle staying Squirtle because you want it for the squirtle squad, okay, fine, but Bulbasaur not evolving either was bullshit

more interested in seeing if they'll have Serena's Pancham evolve. Maybe some shenanigans where she gets control of James' Inkay or something and it triggers the evo
>>
>>25761509
Scoring a good hit =/= taking down
>>
File: 1381329596307.png (497 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1381329596307.png
497 KB, 1024x683
>>25767071

>more interested in seeing if they'll have Serena's Pancham evolve.

Probably not, unfortunately.

An eventual Pangoro x Delphox tag team performance for Pokathalons would have been sweet. They could play up a whole "elegant rich girl falls for misunderstood bad boy" routine, the audience would eat it up.
>>
File: 1459056029410.jpg (23 KB, 410x278) Image search: [Google]
1459056029410.jpg
23 KB, 410x278
>>25755717

Without hesitation.
>>
>>25759280
30 touros where?
>>
>>25767177
nigga it was falling down and weakened so much that TR managed to catch it

>>25764082
>he thinks all episodes are greatly animated

you look up which team directed which episodes, with that said this ep is mediocre as far as animation is concerned as it had good shots and animations

one of the worst animated eps include the Meowstic bros.
>>
>>25762806
>implying noivern isn't a qt patootie

>>25767013
you think Bayleef would evolve to lure Ash with her booty
>>
>>25763194
in order for FP to deal x4 damage it should have a mon both weak to flying and fighting, I don't think such a mon exists
>>
>>25767209
it not impossible
she could get an Absol and itll be her mega like in game
>>
>>25763280
not to mention they still use old things as long as they are effective, like fax machines
>>
>>25767071
>if Ash is supposed an everyman

uh no, he was never portrayed as that
>>
>>25768663
Nigga Meganium would break Ash's ribs whenever she'd show her affection.
>>
>>25767071
I thought Ash was supposed to be the lovable idiot, at least that's the impression I got from OS.
>>
>>25768681
the kid lived through Multiple thunder shocks,flame throwers and muk lunges i think meganium would be fine
>>
>>25768681
the guy could lift heavy things and apparently is considered a canon trait from him, so Meganium dryhumping him would not be a problem

>>25768688
well, more like a Nobita, hence why I got confused when he meant everyman
>>
>>25768707
He just has high SpDef
>>
>>25768670
>in order for FP to deal x4 damage it should have a mon both weak to flying and fighting, I don't think such a mon exists
Abomasnow is Ice/Grass, Ice is 2x weak to fighting and 1x to flying while Grass is 1x weak to fighting and 2x to flying. Doesn't that add up to quad weakness?
>>
>>25768970
huh, forgot about that
Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.